Paul Pogba | Undergoing Medical | Helping out the Laundry Ladies

Do you want Pogba for £100 million?

• Total voters
I don't think he's particularly biased, he's just a feckwit.

My dad isn't a fan either. But then he thinks he's a slimy crook rather than just a feckwit. I suppose I find him preferable to a vapid airhead like Jamie Redknapp.

I don't mind Souness compared to the other members of the Scouse Media Mafia, but like most of them he tends to be nicer to us the worse we're doing.

Hadn't really thought it about it that way but now that you say it I'm sure there's some truth to it.

Thought u were implying announcement would be later, can train tuesday without announcing.
No, I was saying that Mourinho wasn't implying in the vid that he will be announced on Tuesday, he was responding to a question regarding Pogba's fitness by saying we'll see on Tuesday.

http://money.cnn.com/quote/quote.html?symb=Man Utd
https://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:Man Utd

There was a huge spike this morning on the stock exchange. Dropped again but increasing again. Pogba landing made a big impact it seems.

I was wondering, at the medical do you also get your teeth checked? Ear hole inspection? Finger up the bum even?
With the price we're paying for him I would think they're going in dry.

No, I was saying that Mourinho wasn't implying in the vid that he will be announced on Tuesday, he was responding to a question regarding Pogba's fitness by saying we'll see on Tuesday.
Yeah got a few hings mixed up because I didn't check the original posts you were responding too. Thought you were one of those negative ones with the charisma of a vegetable salesman who was arguing how it would be midweek before he's announced and that Mourinho saying him expecting Pogba on tuesday doesn't mean it isn't until wednesday before he is announced.

Pretty much. We amortise the transfer fees over the length of the contract usually

Sigh amortisation and paying in instalments are not the same thing.

We could pay £89m to Juve in one go and still amortise it in our books over the lenght of the contract. Amortisation is just an accounting principal to account for capital expenditure into costs.

Yeah I think he means that he'll see him at training on Tuesday, not that he will be announced on that day.

Not so sure. Mou clearly says "On Tuesday I will be here waiting for him, if that's the situation. It's a good market for us."

Definitely sounds like Pogba will be announced tomorrow(or later tonight).

I'd expect nothing less than a 12 year contract, a £1billion release clause and full dabbing rights.

There was a huge spike this morning on the stock exchange. Dropped again but increasing again. Pogba landing made a big impact it seems.

Someone has been buying 10k blocks of shares for the past couple of sessions, probably anticipating a stock to go up after Pogba signs.

I'm enjoying the amount of bitterness from rival fans. Particularly Chelsea and Arsenal it seems :devil::devil::devil::devil:

I doubt he'll leave for Madrid in 4 years for those who think he might, or Barcelona.

Ronaldo will have moved on he'll be 36. Messi will be 33 at that point getting on to 34.

The monopoly on football talent will be broken at that point, Martial will be 23/24, United may have players like Griezmann by then.

Different face of football at that stage.

Every transfer is done in installments. It benefits Juve to gave an income of 35m over three summers.
Except for the Ronaldo to Madrid transfer, I think all transfers are done with payments in installments.

Given the money is being paid over three years, if the pound gets stronger over the next year or two, the amount we pay goes down, since we will still pay the same amount of Euros to them... no?

Or did I just make that up completely missing something :wenger:

I think we should dedicate a thread to ensahul. He was really dedicated.
And special.

Given the money is being paid over three years, if the pound gets stronger over the next year or two, the amount we pay goes down, since we will still pay the same amount of Euros to them... no?

We are probably paying in euros. The club probably has reserves of USD, GBP, EUR.

Can't wait to watch Pogba's first speech about "Dream come true" as it's Ed automatic official script interview

I doubt he'll leave for Madrid in 4 years for those who think he might, or Barcelona.

Ronaldo will have moved on he'll be 36. Messi will be 33 at that point getting on to 34.

The monopoly on football talent will be broken at that point, Martial will be 23/24, United may have players like Griezmann by then.

Different face of football at that stage.

If we have Martial and Griezmann, I don't see why he would want to move either. If we had that team, we'd probably be doing well in the CL and premiership

Depends what is in the contract, the amount owed can be written up in either euros or pounds, I'd say euros is the most likely.

If the value of the pound compared to the euro goes up, we will need to pay less pounds to cover the amount in euros, you are correct in that. If it goes down we will have to pay more. That is how exchange rates works

So we're paying Juve £30M a year for the next 3 years for Pogba.

Not too bad when you consider that's what Liverpool pay Southampton every year.

Thing is if Pogba does well for us (fingers crossed) it will be very hard for Madrid, Barcelona or any other club to prise him away.

Think how much they'd have to possibly pay in doing so.

Can't wait to watch Pogba's first speech about "Dream come true" as it's Ed automatic official script interview

And saying things like we're the biggest club in the world, blah blah.

Not saying it's not true, but it's clear that we tell players to say things like this upon joining.

Well, we are spending X amount of cash and obtaining a player(considered an asset) who will go on the books as X amount. In terms of fundamental value of the stock there should technically be no change at all. There will be speculators who will bet on this being a positive or negative news which understandably will make the stock fluctuate. These fluctuations will be corrected eventually to match the fundamental values.

In other words, our transfers don't affect our stock price in the long term, as long as we are paying fair value for the players. If we overpay though, our stock price will fall, ever so slightly. Alternatively, if we buy a player and his fair value goes up because of the team doing well in general, our stock price will go up, ever so slightly.

Can’t wait to hear SAF’s comments about this. Got some friends that are pissed due to ”Pogba being a overpaid, greedy kid and leaving United blah blah blah”, so maybe if Sir Alex came out with positive comments and kind of ”clears some air” they could get on board and support this transfer.

Have witnessed some serious muppetry on here over the years, but following a flight on flightrader really is special.

If we have Martial and Griezmann, I don't see why he would want to move either. If we had that team, we'd probably be doing well in the CL and premiership
You do realize he is leaving a well-settled Juve who are doing great domestically and pretty good in the CL for a team actually mid-transition and not even guaranteed a CL spot.

This is not to say that he will definitely move in 4-5 years but a great team is not of all that great importance to players nowadays it seems. Great package along with playing for a prestigious club is a big draw and it's not like Madrid or Barca will suddenly turn into Liverpool. They will still be pretty dominant domestically.

I was wondering, at the medical do you also get your teeth checked? Ear hole inspection? Finger up the bum even?

Milan check teeth. They were infamous for being very thorough with stuff like that in the late 00s to enable Maldini etc to play to a high level in their late 30s.
I think Cissoko (spelling?) from Porto failed a medical with them after they didn't like his teeth

Edit: yep http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-blame-for-his-failed-move-to-ac-9746035.html