Omar Berrada | Man Utd CEO

Damn, must have missed us being relegated. I thought we were in the premier league not the vanarama premier division.
Blimey, it really takes relegation for you to accept we have to replace the manager? Who needs rivals when we have fans like these?
Then your comment was even more nonsensical as this ‘one decision’ they had to make was taken before Berrada and Ashworth had started work for the club, as they are at pains to point out.
Do you really believe they weren't consulted on that decision at all? News of Berrada's appointment broke in January and Dan Ashworth was placed on gardening leave by Newcastle in February. Officially they have to say they started work after that date but it's an open secret in football that these regulations are never adhered to.

There was even a report in May that Ashworth and Berrada were contacting eachother over e-mail as far back as Februay, when Berrada was on gardening leave and Ashworth was still working for Newcastle. The idea that they walked in the door at United with that decision already made for them is entirely fanciful.

I disagree that they have done much wrong, but we are probably not going to agree on that.
Probably not. Manager situation last summer, situation with the womens team. Situation with team around academy games for fans. There quite a bit they have got wrong.

They have got some things right too though. The trajectory is still good but they are not beyond criticism

Probably not. Manager situation last summer, situation with the womens team. Situation with team around academy games for fans. There quite a bit they have got wrong.

They have got some things right too though. The trajectory is still good but they are not beyond criticism
Given that the team was in place in full in mid-July, I am willing to give them some time to correct some of those things. I don't know anything about the academy issues, but I think getting Ashworth in in particular will end up being a good thing for the Womens team. The facility issues this summer was not ideal at all, but it did not turn out too badly in the end. I also did not disagree with their reasoning for sticking with ten Hag in the summer, but of course it is easy to say now that that might have been the wrong decision in the end.

Regarding the womens team; didn't JR say in the summer, something along the lines of, 'we need to sort out the mens team as priority'? I am sure I read that in an article, or on TV. At that time there was also another acticle saying the money is obviously coming in through the mens team and the womens team runs on a loss so the priority for Ineos is to get the mens team right. Basically two articles saying the same thing.

Regarding the womens team; didn't JR say in the summer, something along the lines of, 'we need to sort out the mens team as priority'? I am sure I read that in an article, or on TV. At that time there was also another acticle saying the money is obviously coming in through the mens team and the womens team runs on a loss so the priority for Ineos is to get the mens team right. Basically two articles saying the same thing.
Yes, SJR had some less than fortunate statements regarding the Womens team, but Ashworth is luckily going in the opposite direction. There are some good threads on this in the Womens Team forum from the summer.

Yes, SJR had some less than fortunate statements regarding the Womens team, but Ashworth is luckily going in the opposite direction. There are some good threads on this in the Womens Team forum from the summer.
How many backroom staff above the manager we have now, this should be able to address both problems, within the money constraints. Do the WSL have FFP as well?

How many backroom staff above the manager we have now, this should be able to address both problems, within the money constraints. Do the WSL have FFP as well?
Not to the same extent at all. There is a salary cap which allows top flight sides to spend 40% of their turnover on wages, but that is 40% of the turnover of the club as a whole, men and women.

Not to the same extent at all. There is a salary cap which allows top flight sides to spend 40% of their turnover on wages, but that is 40% of the turnover of the club as a whole, men and women.
Thanks. I wasn't sure about the womens team, how it worked.

I disagree that they have done much wrong, but we are probably not going to agree on that.
Of course they haven't - you'll still have plums moaning though

Thanks. I wasn't sure about the womens team, how it worked.
No problem. There are voices calling for stronger regulations on the womens side as well, United amongst them. The way it is now makes it a lot easier for the big clubs and the clubs that are successful on the mens side, no matter how they do on the womens side.

He has a couple of days to act. The «new to the job» excuse won’t cut it anymore. Fans have had enough.

He has a couple of days to act. The «new to the job» excuse won’t cut it anymore. Fans have had enough.

Time to show us what you’re made of Omar.

He might be the one that fires the manager, but you’d need to look at Ashworth on recommending it, and Wilcox in helping to identify a replacement alongside him.

Forcing him out with no plan for the rest of the season would be a bigger disaster than keeping him.

He might be the one that fires the manager, but you’d need to look at Ashworth on recommending it, and Wilcox in helping to identify a replacement alongside him.

Forcing him out with no plan for the rest of the season would be a bigger disaster than keeping him.
This has always been the issue for me - it's fine for the fans to demand the manager get the sack when the team is chronically under performing. But they can't just force him out with no one to replace him. It wouldn't necessarily be any better under RvN.

I personally think they've already identified a suitable candidate and may have even spoken to them already, and they're just waiting for the right moment. Perhaps their ideal candidate isn't available right now.

Berrada and Ashworth have washed their hands of retaining ETH, maybe wouldn’t be the case if things were going really well though.

But what happens now is something that can’t hide from, would be a massive gamble if they choose not to sack ETH. The most likely scenario is this just carries on if ETH stays and everyone’s reputation just gets dragged through the mud.

Tuchel, Southgate, Potter, Terzić and Xavi are all available. A 19 month contract could be offered. Not tied to them forever if it doesn't work out.

I think Hoeneß and Marco Silva are gettable from their clubs during the season. Both are risks, but are interesting choices. I think Silva has done a remarkable job at Fulham. They really should have beaten City yesterday. Very few teams will outplay City like that.

This guy cut his teeth at Man City who are ruthless when it comes to underperformance. Why has he suddenly changed colours when he’s moved over to Utd? There must be something about this club that makes people lose their minds and competence (players, coaches, execs and owners alike).

This guy cut his teeth at Man City who are ruthless when it comes to underperformance. Why has he suddenly changed colours when he’s moved over to Utd? There must be something about this club that makes people lose their minds and competence (players, coaches, execs and owners alike).
He's not a dictator I would assume

Especially since firing Ten Hag isn't exactly cheap at an estimated £17,5m. This is an element many on here seem to forget.

Tuchel, Southgate, Potter, Terzić and Xavi are all available. A 19 month contract could be offered. Not tied to them forever if it doesn't work out.

I think Hoeneß and Marco Silva are gettable from their clubs during the season. Both are risks, but are interesting choices. I think Silva has done a remarkable job at Fulham. They really should have beaten City yesterday. Very few teams will outplay City like that.
I would expect these football execs are aware of these people. They all have their pros and cons. The next manager will probably define Omar’s tenure…..I’m guessing he’s more invested in getting it right than most of us on here

Especially since firing Ten Hag isn't exactly cheap at an estimated £17,5m. This is an element many on here seem to forget.

Failing to get top four and finishing in the bottom half costs a hell of a lot more

There are million ways a ruthless company can make your life miserable, so miserable you resign by your own will

Criticize his shit performance on the field, demote him to coaching u-18, let him fly economy or take separate buses, etc. It's not pretty, but aren't they ruthless enough with SAF no?

There are million ways a ruthless company can make your life miserable, so miserable you resign by your own will

Criticize his shit performance on the field, demote him to coaching u-18, let him fly economy or take separate buses, etc. It's not pretty, but aren't they ruthless enough with SAF no?

Demote him to coaching U18? Are you seriously advocating this? This is called constructive dismissal and would open up United to a lawsuit, not to mention make every other coach think twice before joining the club. Ten Hag will be let go if (or as increasingly looks likely) when we have identified someone suitably qualified to take his place. Until then thankfully we'll maintain a certain standard of decency and respect as befits a club of Man United's stature.

… Or just people on RedCafe.

We’re still only 1 quarter in and got 3 seasons to go to truly judge the work of Berrada and Ashworth imo.

Well, that's one way to ensure nobody wants to take the job in the future

He’s hardly got his feet under the desk
This.

Not sure what people are expecting of him after being in the job just a few months?

It's going to take time to undo all of the damage of the previous administration. Change isn't going to happen overnight.

I have far more confidence in the new senior management team than I ever did under Woodward. These guys deserve time.