Omar Berrada | Man Utd CEO

If you think the situations are even remotely comparable then I don't know what to tell you.
"If we're backing him, we can't have him enter the season with an expiring contract."

Try telling me why we can't do that?

As always with United fans it's someone else's fault. Those pesky journos and media only wanting clicks. If United fans put half this effort into demanding answers from the club we might've not been in this mess in the first place.

The club has been a laughing stock for over a decade. The new management had the chance to set this straight and start with a clean slate. Instead they backed a flop and have continued on the same path as before with a Dutch invasion of players and staff.

Time to look at ourselves in the mirror. The media and journos aren't responsible for us being shit.

It's simultaneously possible for us to be shit and be the architects of that, and unscrupulous journalists to be trading in click bait. I don't see why you're insistent on seeing a dichotomy here.

As I think I've already made clear in this exchange I think ten Hag should have gone long ago. I would have sacked him before Christmas last season and at no point since have I seen anything to change my mind; I accordingly think INEOS have made a mistake in keeping him and are continuing to make a mistake the longer he stays.

However I can also recognise that humiliating defeats to your rivals move the needle. Those who (somewhat inexplicably in my opinion) still had faith in him, like INEOS themselves, are influenced by results like that, and to deliberately represent out of date quotes as a reaction to that result is purely and utterly an exercise in emotionally manipulating fans into clicking on articles by pissing them off further.

We're already swimming in enough shit as it is. I hardly think we need to accept people enriching themselves by rubbing a little bit of said shit into the wounds.

I find it astonishing that the new CEO and Sporting Director had no say in ETH's contract extension. Surely that could've waited till they joined?

I find it astonishing that the new CEO and Sporting Director had no say in ETH's contract extension. Surely that could've waited till they joined?
They are probably covering their backs from a legal perspective. Find it very hard to believe they would not have been in the decision making loop at the end of last season.

I wouldn't interprete to much in those statements. It's well possible that they gave green light to that, but they will never confirm that in public as formally they were not yet working for United. So legally they weren't allowed to be involved in that decision at that time, but inofficially they still could have had (limited) input.

He's not going to eviscerate or criticize the manager publicly.

Pretty sure ETH's job is on the line over the next month or so(he should be getting sacked regardless).

Or how about this, don't make utterly daft comments about the manager having your full backing before a home game against your main rivals that you're expected to lose. If those comments can make you look like a fool after one game, simply don't make those in the first place.
How did they make him look like a fool?

ETH was never ever going to be sacked three games into the season. The absolute soonest it might potentially happen is after another three, and even then we would probably have had to lose all three for it to happen. More likely it'll take until after the Aston Villa game if the next five games go badly. In the meantime Berrada, Ashworth, etc will fully back him publicly.

I wouldn't interprete to much in those statements. It's well possible that they gave green light to that, but they will never confirm that in public as formally they were not yet working for United. So legally they weren't allowed to be involved in that decision at that time, but inofficially they still could have had (limited) input.
They are probably covering their backs from a legal perspective. Find it very hard to believe they would not have been in the decision making loop at the end of last season.

Ah yes, that makes sense. Thanks chaps

"If we're backing him, we can't have him enter the season with an expiring contract."

Do you know Pep has ultimate authority and respect from hierachy at City and total authority in the dressing room? He is bugger than any player at City and is the one deciding if he will extend not City? On one hand he is having them at the balls, on the other he can stop whenever he feels like it. He will decide not the club. So situation is totally different to United's where United had to extend managers contract if not for uncertainty it would generate, loss of whatever he has left of the authority in the dressing room and pure fact they were able to trigger extension for one year on the base of original contract.

Do you know Pep has ultimate authority and respect from hierachy at City and total authority in the dressing room? He is bugger than any player at City and is the one deciding if he will extend not City? On one hand he is having them at the balls, on the other he can stop whenever he feels like it. He will decide not the club. So situation is totally different to United's where United had to extend managers contract if not for uncertainty it would generate, loss of whatever he has left of the authority in the dressing room and pure fact they were able to trigger extension for one year on the base of original contract.
So, why wasn't he sacked in the summer if he barely has any authority left?

Seems like you lot will do just about anything to justify the decision of sticking with ETH, even though it contradicts with your arguments and reasoning.

So he's buggering the players and having them at the balls with one hand? :eek:

Is that part of the 115 charges?

Don't say anything at all then. Silence is better than "we are very happy with him".
If he replied no comment to that question, the media will run out of ink. "Berrada coy on Ten Hag Future", "CEO doesn't comment - Ten Hag future in doubt", "Man Utd CEO has no say in manager's future", "Ten Hag's job may be on the line - CEO declines to comment".

So he's buggering the players and having them at the balls with one hand? :eek:

Is that part of the 115 charges?
Nah only having City management at the balls. Should be a chargeable offense just for shits and giggles to make it 116 offenses.

We can. It's a complete fallacy that generally rely on two extremely flawed ideas. That the manager isn't going to ignore mid to long term plans and that players won't respect the manager's authority. Both of these things could happen but in both cases it's a good thing to actually know that your players and manager have the wrong mindset.

It's always funny to me when people say "how can XYZ defend the current position and be happy with the team/game/state of the club?" Seriously, what do people want them to do? Say "Yeah, ten Hag is an incompetent fool and Ratcliff is an idiot for extending his contract." Already when Ole was defending the team, what do people want, him shitting on his players in public, I know Mou did that but he had the whole team against him after just one season. We as fans can complain about decisions and call players shite all day long but if you work for the club you simply can't without causing major internal conflict or getting fired. I'm almost certain that any of the people who are making positive statements towards the press will talk a lot more critical behind closed doors but you don't do that in public.

Good post.
In fact I heard this morning that the statement was recommended before the Liverpool game but it was not released until after.

I quite like this tbh. Can set clear roadmap to reach that goal, and put in place plans to do so over the course of, essentially 3 seasons.

It's far more inline with how actual businsses are run than 'we challenge for the league always! We are Manchester United!'

if we can look to challenge for the title, a legit title challenge, by the '26-27 season then they've done a big job in the transfer market