• Yes - Its time to make a change

Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The poster you quoted was me and I wasn’t specifically referring to the Maguire Instagram post but the negativity surrounding the club in general. So I suggest you get your facts right before throwing around baseless accusations of racism next time.

Just say "abuse is bad and fans need to take responsibility". Its that simple. You don't have to try too hard.

Basically you are agreeing you don't have proof to back your claims. See, this is a serious issue and you just can't generalize it. My point was very specific - that's comparing it with Rashford and Saka. That should have never happened. Period.

I agree that it was a poor accusation, but I don’t think it’s ban worthy. It’s basically a discussion about victim blaming. If Ole didn’t want to be abused maybe he should have done better, right?

You should hear the language that is directed at certain players by fans in the ground! Not to mention at previous managers. The fact that our pissed up away support sings Ole's at the wheel non stop for an hour means jack shit - there are just the same conversations between groups of mates in pubs after the game as there are here on the Caf.

Admit it, you have a very strong bond to Ole for whatever reasons and you are heartbroken that he has failed. There is no shame in that, but maybe it is making you view any criticism (the vast majority of which is completely justified) somewhat irrationally?

You mistake my intentions. I've been very vocal about my disdain for the treatment of players as well as staff for a long time here.

Phil Jones is another player thats seen more than a little bit of abuse here, as well as Jesse Lingard. Its the rampant and needless attack on behavior that goes beyond the scope of the jobs they are employed to do, insult to character and everything inbetween.

I'm legitimately struggling to find one good reason why people can't behave like normal adults instead of the bile that gets thrown around. How hard is it to be a decent person?

You mistake my intentions. I've been very vocal about my disdain for the treatment of players as well as staff for a long time here.

Phil Jones is another player thats seen more than a little bit of abuse here, as well as Jesse Lingard. Its the rampant and needless attack on behavior that goes beyond the scope of the jobs they are employed to do, insult to character and everything inbetween.

I'm legitimately struggling to find one good reason why people can't behave like normal adults instead of the bile that gets thrown around. How hard is it to be a decent person?

Because this is how normal adults act? The world isn't a bunch of roses. You're asking people to pretend this club is peachy when it's a complete disaster. It has nothing to do with being a good person. Me saying "maguire is effing useless" or about any player has nothing to do with the type of.person I am. People really need to learn how to separate criticism and abuse. I'm not abusing someone by calling a player shit, I'm not affecting them in the slightest.

Sure, but you're essentially arguing against human nature. And whilst you mention Lingard and Jones you've got to admit that you've pretty obsessively posted on the topic of Ole Solskjaer since joining the forum, and you are (I believe - apols if I've got this wrong) Norwegian, so it's hard to not conclude that this is more about you struggling to deal with criticism of Ole than it is some great moral crusade against nastiness in general.

I didn't accuse you of racism, I accused you of deflecting blame from where it needs to be directed, which is the fan behaviour.

No what you said is “I bet YOU also tell Rashford and Saka they could’ve avoided racist abuse if they’d scored a penalty” and anyone with that mentality would be a racist. Therefore it’s pretty clear why someone would take it that way.

I genuinely haven't seen much of what I would describe as 'abuse' here on the Caf? Certainly not towards Ole. Correct me if I'm wrong.

You're not wrong.

Pretty much the worst thing you'll ever read on here about Ole is calling him a clueless teacher of physical education. Which is a fair enough offhand critique in my book.

You're not wrong.

Pretty much the worst thing you'll ever read on here about Ole is calling him a clueless teacher of physical education. Which is a fair enough offhand critique in my book.
Exactly. The way some people go on it’s as if he’s getting pelters from all angles.
Exactly, just wait until Brendan Rodgers is our manager and goes through a bad spell, and then we'll see what abuse looks like!

Exactly, just wait until Brendan Rodgers is our manager and goes through a bad spell, and then we'll see what abuse looks like!

Aye and it will be all these so called ‘top reds’ claiming Ole’s being abused that will be dishing it out as they’ve already made their mind up on Rodgers before he’s even been appointed.

He could do like Mourinho and live in a hotel for 6-18 months.
Why would Zidane want to deal with this mess and management? People whined about Conte having problems with incompetent management, Zidane is the same. He'll feck off the minute he doesn't get backed.

This thread is proof of why we should never entertain the notion of hiring a club legend as manager ever again. As soon as things fell apart it was inevitable that the fanbase would become divided. The sooner Ole is sacked the quicker we can get back to loving him for all the good things he's done for the club and rebuild unity as a fanbase again.

This thread is proof of why we should never entertain the notion of hiring a club legend as manager ever again. As soon as things fell apart it was inevitable that the fanbase would become divided. The sooner Ole is sacked the quicker we can get back to loving him for all the good things he's done for the club and rebuild unity as a fanbase again.
tbh, hiring a legend isn't a big problem. Look at Barca or Chelsea. The problem is when you have an incompetent management that has no idea what to do.

Amen.

The fanbase has been divided shit hole since Jose.

So, people are still getting banned for calling out an incompetent manager?

I like how some members and mods suddenly started thinking about upholding high moral values in this forum.

Last edited:
It's nothing to do with who the manager is. As soon as results aren't perfect there will be a divide between those that can handle it and those who can't.

You're not wrong.

I was banned for 3 days and got 6 warning points just for comparing Ole’s managerial abilities to that of a P.E Teacher (no abuse and no personal attack). And we always laugh at RAWK for being RAWKISH:lol::lol:

It's nothing to do with who the manager is. As soon as results aren't perfect there will be a divide between those that can handle it and those who can't.
I'm not sure, I think as long as there's evidence of a plan and that we're building towards something we can handle a few bad results, and the whining will be restricted to match day threads. It's more than just bad results that turned people against Ole.

I think a lot of people are going to be left disappointed when he's pictured in training tomorrow.

Pretty much every poster on the last 2 pages needs removing from this forum. What a sea of drivel. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.