• Yes - Its time to make a change

Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The agent of Zinedine Zidane has said that his client is not attracted to managing in England, saying that it is not his style.

The former Juventus and Real Madrid midfielder has been touted as a potential replacement for under-fire Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho, who is thought to be clinging onto his job by a thread at Old Trafford.

While Saturday’s sensational comeback against Newcastle gave United a 3-2 victory and perhaps bought the Portuguese a little more time in the United hot seat, it was little more than papering over the pretty large cracks in his tenure.

United are thought to have been in contact with Zidane about him replacing Mourinho, much like Mourinho was contacted behind Louis van Gaal’s back in 2016, but despite being out of work after leaving Real Madrid at the end of last season, Zidane’s agent has moved to distance his client from the speculation.

“I do not think that he will manage in England,” Alain Migliaccio told Journal du Dimanche.

“It is much less his style. I have discussed it with him, it does not really attract him. He has chosen to have a year out, he will not dive in again before that is over.”

https://thefootballfaithful.com/zid...ster-united-job-says-his-agent/?share=twitter

I’m sure there’s a millions examples of people changing their mind. Just today alone.

This is now over 400 pages of posts just repeating the same thing over and over.

What is the point of this thread? There is nothing happening and nothing is going to happen.

Let's just move on and wait for the next match and try to actually support the team you claim to care about

I’m sure there’s a millions examples of people changing their mind. Just today alone.
"Sources" informed every major news agency in the last month that he's not interested in the United job and is holding out for the French national job. He doesn't want it.

How does me saying I don’t think Zidane would be a success equal saying Rodgers would be. I have said I think Rodgers would be a good choice due to his track record of improving players and his relative success in England/Scotland.

I’m a little weary of Zidane because of the strength of the team he managed. They were arguably the bestMadrid team ever with peak Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric etc.He doesn’t have that here so there’s got to be question marks. He’s simply not managed a team as poor as we are.
That Madrid side was in a bad place and underachieving after la decima. They weren't competing for much and were getting embarrassed in Clasicos under Rafa until he stepped in midseason to rescue them.

They became what they're now considered as under him not prior.

"Sources" informed every major news agency in the last month that he's not interested in the United job and is holding out for the French national job. He doesn't want it.

Nice… Conte currently manages Spurs. He tuned down the job in the summer and told all his sources he doesn’t take on jobs mid season but would make an acception for United!

Anything else you want to hit me with? Is he allergic to English wind?

Nice… Conte currently manages Spurs. He tuned down the job in the summer and told all his sources he doesn’t take on jobs mid season but would make an acception for United!

He doesn't speak English. Hey, you want to ignore everything and pretend he wants the job, knock yourself out.

This is now over 400 pages of posts just repeating the same thing over and over.

What is the point of this thread? There is nothing happening and nothing is going to happen.

Let's just move on and wait for the next match and try to actually support the team you claim to care about

So if we lose 3 on the bounce, nothing will happen? The point of this thread is that something should happen, for the good of the club and the team. It's gathered so many pages because people care. What else do you want people to do? Sit in the match day thread repeating how the can't wait for the game? You seem over eager for everyone to just pretend all is well when it clearly isn't.

Zidane would be just as big a gamble as Ten Hag or Rodgers. He's not proven in the PL or at any other club than where he had the most expensive squad ever. I don't think you can gurantee success with any of them.
I don't understand this take. Why does someone have to be PL proven? Seriously, explain yourself. Tuchel says hello.

He doesn't speak English. Hey, you want to ignore everything and pretend he wants the job, knock yourself out.

That’s literally what you are doing. You’ve even lied and said he doesn’t speak English.

At the end of the day if we really wanted him I’m sure we can get him. The main point is we don’t really want him.

Im convinced all these journalists all work in tandem with each other, one posts a rumour and gets loads of views/clicks/interactions etc. and at the peak of it one of their pals tweets debunking the original tweet and the cycle starts over again.

In this case whether Zidane wants us or not at least we are supposedly doing something behind the scenes. Supposedly.

That’s literally what you are doing. You’ve even lied and said he doesn’t speak English.

At the end of the day if we really wanted him I’m sure we can get him. The main point is we don’t really want him.
This. I refuse to believe in all these "excuses" for every manager who we want. They don't want the job or they don't want to leave right now from current clubs or they are under contract...
Reality is that we are Man Utd. Despite everything, we are still giant club from best league in the world with top reputation, excellent squad and tone of money.
So, if we really want some manager, we can hire him NOW. Rodgers and Haag will refuse us? Yeah right, of course they will :rolleyes: . Zidane will rather wait France job instead being here? Sure, sure...

Sad truth is that we are not searching for manager.

This. I refuse to believe in all these "excuses" for every manager who we want. They don't want the job or they don't want to leave right now from current clubs or they are under contract...
Reality is that we are Man Utd. Despite everything, we are still giant club from best league in the world with top reputation, excellent squad and tone of money.
So, if we really want some manager, we can hire him NOW. Rodgers and Haag will refuse us? Yeah right, of course they will :rolleyes: . Zidane will rather wait France job instead being here? Sure, sure...

Sad truth is that we are not searching for manager.

That’s the main point. We aren’t trying to get these people. I continue to laugh at people on here who think managers will refuse us. We just gave a crap manager £400m to spend in 2.5 years. This is football manager being in charge of United.

Im convinced all these journalists all work in tandem with each other, one posts a rumour and gets loads of views/clicks/interactions etc. and at the peak of it one of their pals tweets debunking the original tweet and the cycle starts over again.

In this case whether Zidane wants us or not at least we are supposedly doing something behind the scenes. Supposedly.

That's the bit I'm not sure of. I'm finding it hard to believe that we're just going to stick our fingers in our ears and pretend it's fine, but even the tweet you replied to says there is nothing going on. It's just whether you believe that. Any other club in the world and you'd say there's no way, when the fans have all given up then the writing is on the wall for me. But at Manchester United we don't operate like anybody else since Ole was brought in, apparently.

I am ignoring everything and pretending he wants the job? What?

Also, it's my understanding that he doesn't speak English. Am I wrong?

"Zidane, a family man, has lived in the Spanish capital ever since he became the world’s most expensive player in 2001. Also, Zidane does not speak English. There are plenty of Spanish and French speakers in the United squad, but speaking the universal language of the players is such an important tool in his arsenal."

Guess this lot are "lying", too.

https://answerstoall.com/popular/is... the,is such an important tool in his arsenal.

I don't understand this take. Why does someone have to be PL proven? Seriously, explain yourself. Tuchel says hello.
Yeah that’s stupid as there is very few English managers in the PL anyway and the best here have come from outside the league…
But I think it was rumored to be a board wish : pl proven. We are dinosaurs as a club really.

Its possible he read the Caf and didn't want to deal with the fans.

Can you tell us your expertise in hiring football managers and/or your sources? Football Manager doesn't count :wenger:

Like others have said the Zidane stuff is just blatant PR spin as usual but not surprised to see us do that

Like others have said the Zidane stuff is just blatant PR spin as usual but not surprised to see us do that

Eh? Who do you think is putting the ideas of Zidane out there? It's not the club, why would they when its quite obvious plenty of the fanbase want Ole gone at this point. That's negative PR.

Might as well restrict the forum to just the match day thread then. Although you’re the poster who said yesterday you’re Ole in again so this thread probably upsets you :lol:

Eh? Who do you think is putting the ideas of Zidane out there? It's not the club, why would they when its quite obvious plenty of the fanbase want Ole gone at this point. That's negative PR.

Someone just trying to make the fanbase feel better but that tweet quickly squashed anything

My god you are so butthurt. There is no set of fans in the world that would have been more supportive to Ole than United fans have been.

I'm not butthurt? This forum is the more toxic than Facbook. You can't honestly sit here and say that this is a positive place to be.

I'm not butthurt? This forum is the more toxic than Facbook. You can't honestly sit here and say that this is a positive place to be.
Can you really expect this to be a 'positive' environment, given the state of the club on and off the pitch? You're off your rocker if you think that fans of other clubs would be more patient and positive than United fans have been.

To be fair, why would it be positive? We're witnessing some of the worst form of a Utd side in decades. It makes a lot more sense that this place is big old SadCafe right now than in the past.

Can you really expect this to be a 'positive' environment, given the state of the club on and off the pitch? You're off your rocker if you think that fans of other clubs would be more patient and positive than United fans have been.

The fans are great. Its the posters in this board that have spent the good part of: Every day since they joined to spread their complaints at every avenue of opportunity. It was bad during Moyes but my god its taken off the past 5 years.

For every person contributing something worthwhile its 20 people blowing off steam with the frequent flyer oneliners.

To be fair, why would it be positive? We're witnessing some of the worst form of a Utd side in decades. It makes a lot more sense that this place is big old SadCafe right now than in the past.

Not related to the Redcafe, but when the Manchester United IG account had to turn off comments on a post with Harry Maguire and some kid during a event with the Foundation, that was the lowest point yet.

All you Ole inner and previous long term Ole inners don’t chat to me like you all have football knowledge now. Go look in your well for knowledge or what Gary Neville says.

The cheek of some of you :lol:

The fans are great. Its the posters in this board that have spent the good part of: Every day since they joined to spread their complaints at every avenue of opportunity. It was bad during Moyes but my god its taken off the past 5 years.

For every person contributing something worthwhile its 20 people blowing off steam with the frequent flyer oneliners.

Comes on an internet forum and is baffled, dismayed and surprised to see people blowing off steam about the subject of which the website was set up for.

All you Ole inner and previous long term Ole inners don’t chat to me like you all have football knowledge now. Go look in your well for knowledge or what Gary Neville says.

The cheek of some of you :lol:

So you're not allowed an opinion if you're an ex-Ole Inner? Seems harsh.

Why do you always seem so angry?

Not related to the Redcafe, but when the Manchester United IG account had to turn off comments on a post with Harry Maguire and some kid during a event with the Foundation, that was the lowest point yet.

The club could erase a lot of the negativity overnight by simply doing what they should’ve ages ago and get rid of Solskjaer.

Status
Not open for further replies.