• Yes - Its time to make a change

Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The club could erase a lot of the negativity overnight by simply doing what they should’ve ages ago and get rid of Solskjaer.

Or the fans can act like half decent human beings and not abuse other human beings. I bet you also tell Rashford and Saka they could have avoided racist abuse by scoring a penalty.

This is now over 400 pages of posts just repeating the same thing over and over.

What is the point of this thread? There is nothing happening and nothing is going to happen.

Let's just move on and wait for the next match and try to actually support the team you claim to care about

What an awful take.

This is now over 400 pages of posts just repeating the same thing over and over.

What is the point of this thread? There is nothing happening and nothing is going to happen.

Let's just move on and wait for the next match and try to actually support the team you claim to care about
What does this even mean? Pretend everything is ok?

Or the fans can act like half decent human beings and not abuse other human beings. I bet you also tell Rashford and Saka they could have avoided racist abuse by scoring a penalty.
What an awful take. The audacity to compare with a racist chat . Can't believe mods are letting this post stay.

So you're not allowed an opinion if you're an ex-Ole Inner? Seems harsh.

Why do you always seem so angry?

It’s not harsh. I’m just fed up of people not educating themselves when it comes to football but yet always have the most the say.

I would love for those who have backed a manager who was clearly not of the level to manage us whilst also backing all the rubbish the club has spun out with their top PR team. Will think twice when the new manager comes in. But we will be here again when the new manager arrives. On here we just don’t learn.

But I’m all for think what you like, I’m not a dictator.

The fans are great. Its the posters in this board that have spent the good part of: Every day since they joined to spread their complaints at every avenue of opportunity. It was bad during Moyes but my god its taken off the past 5 years.

For every person contributing something worthwhile its 20 people blowing off steam with the frequent flyer oneliners.
You should hear the language that is directed at certain players by fans in the ground! Not to mention at previous managers. The fact that our pissed up away support sings Ole's at the wheel non stop for an hour means jack shit - there are just the same conversations between groups of mates in pubs after the game as there are here on the Caf.

Admit it, you have a very strong bond to Ole for whatever reasons and you are heartbroken that he has failed. There is no shame in that, but maybe it is making you view any criticism (the vast majority of which is completely justified) somewhat irrationally?

You should hear the language that is directed at certain players by fans in the ground! Not to mention at previous managers. The fact that our pissed up away support sings Ole's at the wheel non stop for an hour means jack shit - there are just the same conversations between groups of mates in pubs after the game as there are here on the Caf.

Admit it, you have a very strong bond to Ole for whatever reasons and you are heartbroken that he has failed. There is no shame in that, but maybe it is making you view any criticism (the vast majority of which is completely justified) somewhat irrationally?
Our away support is fecking first class. Not sure if your having a dig at them there?

Do people think it would help the team if they sang negative songs about Ole and the team all game? Of course not and it would be utterly pointless travelling.

That’s what ‘support’ means, that you get behind the manager and team in every game, not when you like, or when we are winning.

Large sections of the supporters know what their job is and it doesn’t include stamping their feet in an online forum achieving nothing.

I’m all for a new manager now, after this seasons form, but we have to stop this negativity against the match going fans who are trying to give the team a boost during games.

What an awful take. The audacity to compare with a racist chat . Can't believe mods are letting this post stay.

It’s not the worst take. Apparently we now live in a world where everything except racist abuse is fine. Some of the comments I’ve seen directed towards Ole and Harry Maguire has been absolutely disgusting, and there’s been complete radio silence on it. I’ve seen people telling them to kill themselves, seen death threats towards Ole’s son, and more. So let’s have some perspective and say that none of this is acceptable. We can want Ole out and also say that some comments are unacceptable.

Imagine thinking racial abuse is even remotely comparable for spamming "Oleout" and calling him inept. We are attacking his failure of a managerial career, that's fair game. Not a single person here is saying ole is trash because of his race or origin.

Edit: you know what, nevermind I'm done arguing about this abuse. Ole has had it light years easier than Jose, pogba, and other managers and players. You guys are just angry it's one of ""
"your own" (how's that nepotism going) that's finally being criticized for his failures after years of not becoming a better manager

It’s not the worst take. Apparently we now live in a world where everything except racist abuse is fine. Some of the comments I’ve seen directed towards Ole and Harry Maguire has been absolutely disgusting, and there’s been complete radio silence on it. I’ve seen people telling them to kill themselves, seen death threats towards Ole’s son, and more. So let’s have some perspective and say that none of this is acceptable. We can want Ole out and also say that some comments are unacceptable.
Come on mate. That's bad , embarrassingly bad. I don't care what happens outside of the forum as you can't control what people say.

But Inside a moderated forum?

The exact post is like this

" I bet YOU also tell Rashford and Saka .."

Now, just don't come to me justifying that. That deserves a ban.

Come on mate. That's bad , embarrassingly bad. I don't care what happens outside of the forum as you can't control what people say.

The other poster was justifying abuse by giving the abusers what they want.

The other poster was justifying abuse by giving the abusers what they want.
I understand that and I'm not saying he is right. But that comparison of Rashford and Saka doesn't stand well with me. It's an awful awful take . Sorry !

I understand that and I'm not saying he is right. But that comparison of Rashford and Saka doesn't stand well with me. It's an awful awful take . Sorry !
Might be a lil harsh because you can say that racism is much worse, but I think the point is caving to the abusers. Which I also think is a bit ridiculous, because the common theme here is victim blaming. imo

Our away support is fecking first class. Not sure if your having a dig at them there?

Do people think it would help the team if they sang negative songs about Ole and the team all game? Of course not and it would be utterly pointless travelling.

That’s what ‘support’ means, that you get behind the manager and team in every game, not when you like, or when we are winning.

Large sections of the supporters know what their job is and it doesn’t include stamping their feet in an online forum achieving nothing.

I’m all for a new manager now, after this seasons form, but we have to stop this negativity against the match going fans who are trying to give the team a boost during games.

Those same match going fans that applaud Ole off the pitch after two mauling defeats at the hands of our fiercest rivals? They don't seem particularly helpful in this situation and only serve to prolong the misery.

I wouldn’t make that accusation myself but a lot of comments directed towards Ole have crossed a line and nothing is ever said. Even on this forum people have crossed the line and got away with it. It all needs to be moderated.

Why the feck are you bringing this into it? And for your information no I wouldn’t have told them that as I’m not a racist cnut. Absolute joke of a post!

Last edited:
I wouldn’t make that accusation myself but a lot of comments directed towards Ole have crossed a line and nothing is ever said. Even on this forum people have crossed the line and got away with it. It all needs to be moderated.

Let's talk facts. Show one post where it was directed towards Ole’s color or his family and an action hasn't been taken ?

We are supporting the team though? It doesn't mean that I have to forcefully believe that the manager should stay just to show that I will support the team the next game.

We are talking about an incompetent employee at the club that we think should get sacked. That's all.

To an extent yes, but there's certain parts of this fanbase that'll always be negative or find a reason to be utterly miserable.

True. Although I think a lot of the current negativity surrounding the club is due to the terrible run of form we’re seeing under Ole which contains some really humiliating defeats to are biggest rivals and that’s what I feel has made a lot of fans reach boiling point. If you remove Ole from the equation then a lot of that negativity will be lifted although as you say there will be people who are never happy and will be ready to take digs at the new manager before he’s even stepped into Old Trafford.

you're missing my point entirely. You need to read my post in the context of the one that I was replying to. I was saying that just because the away support sings Ole's at the wheel for an hour doesn't actually mean that some of those same people are not having similar conversations about his ineptitude in the pub afterwards. The post that I was replying to was drawing a distinction between matchgoing fans: great, and online fans: shit - my point was that a lot of matchgoing fans have exactly the same concerns about Ole as are expressed on the Caf, it just tends to come out in the pub afterwards. I can say that with certainty cos I've got friends and family that do the same thing.

regardless of all that though, it's quite possible to loudly and raucously support the team without moronically singing 'Ole's at the wheel' when things are so shit.Yeah he's at the wheel - in the same way that a drunk driver is: slumped over and heading for a ditch.

Let's talk facts. Show one post where it was directed towards Ole’s color or his family and an action hasn't been taken ?

It doesn’t have to be racist to be bad. I’m not going to find specific comments but I’ve read enough that have made me pause. I think a lot of fans need to keep themselves in check in these times.

It doesn’t have to be racist to be bad. I’m not going to find specific comments but I’ve read enough that have made me pause. I think a lot of fans need to keep themselves in check in these times.
Basically you are agreeing you don't have proof to back your claims. See, this is a serious issue and you just can't generalize it. My point was very specific - that's comparing it with Rashford and Saka. That should have never happened. Period.

you're missing my point entirely. You need to read my post in the context of the one that I was replying to. I was saying that just because the away support sings Ole's at the wheel for an hour doesn't actually mean that some of those same people are not having similar conversations about his ineptitude in the pub afterwards. The post that I was replying to was drawing a distinction between matchgoing fans: great, and online fans: shit - my point was that a lot of matchgoing fans have exactly the same concerns about Ole as are expressed on the Caf, it just tends to come out in the pub afterwards. I can say that with certainty cos I've got friends and family that do the same thing.

regardless of all that though, it's quite possible to loudly and raucously support the team without moronically singing 'Ole's at the wheel' when things are so shit.Yeah he's at the wheel - in the same way that a drunk driver is: slumped over and heading for a ditch.
Yeah I couldn’t quite see whether you were having a dig at the away fans of not. I agree they will sing positively but have their own opinions, or course they do, but they know their job is to support the team and back them in every game.

Some of the Ole singing is in defiance and to show love for the guy who is a legend of the club and is being mocked by oppo fans. We shouldn’t expect loyal fanbase to mock Ole because the club aren’t doing their job in replacing him.

I don’t like the idea of fans being mocked for simply singing positively at games in order to help the team.

So that's where you draw the line inbetween? Abusing Maguire helping an MUFC foundation kid on instagram is on the ok side of your line?

Ah man, we had all this debate the other day. Ole has got off incredibly lightly compared to previous managers and players. I'm led to believe that some guy got a ban for likening Ole's abilities to that of a physical education teacher, and even using that term (in its shortened form) is auto-moderated to change to to something like 'Ole I love you'.

Its possible he read the Caf and didn't want to deal with the fans.
Yeah, who would want to join a club where the owners don't sack you after letting you spend half a billion over 3 years and don't even expect a trophy in return. The fans in the ground keep clapping you off despite being proven that you're piss poor at your job. Also there's at least one poster from your country who will join the forum and tell everyone how wrong they are to ask for success for their club instead of blindly supporting his countryman.

Imagine thinking racial abuse is even remotely comparable for spamming "Oleout" and calling him inept. We are attacking his failure of a managerial career, that's fair game. Not a single person here is saying ole is trash because of his race or origin.

Edit: you know what, nevermind I'm done arguing about this abuse. Ole has had it light years easier than Jose, pogba, and other managers and players. You guys are just angry it's one of ""
"your own" (how's that nepotism going) that's finally being criticized for his failures after years of not becoming a better manager

The post had nothing to do with Ole, the poster I quoted was responding to a post where Maguire was getting abused in an instagram post while helping an MUFC foundation kid. You can just say both are disgusting and fans need to take responsibility for being decent instead of saying the club could have avoided that by sacking Ole. Its that easy.

Some of the Ole singing is in defiance and to show love for the guy who is a legend of the club and is being mocked by oppo fans. We shouldn’t expect loyal fanbase to mock Ole because the club aren’t doing their job in replacing him.
Nowhere have I ever suggested that our matchgoing fans should 'mock' Ole - but there's a happy medium between mindless and blind support in the face of all logic, and mockery.

One of the reasons oppo fans have started singing the Wheel song with such delight is because our fans keep singing it in spite of the fact that he's dragging us down into the mire. It wouldn't even be a thing imho if we hadn't kept singing it with such gusto. It's just ridiculous in the context of our current situation.

The post had nothing to do with Ole, the poster I quoted was responding to a post where Maguire was getting abused in an instagram post while helping an MUFC foundation kid. You can just say both are disgusting and fans need to take responsibility for being decent instead of saying the club could have avoided that by sacking Ole. Its that easy.

The poster you quoted was me and I wasn’t specifically referring to the Maguire Instagram post but the negativity surrounding the club in general. So I suggest you get your facts right before throwing around baseless accusations of racism next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.