• Yes - Its time to make a change

Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our lack of quality would expose him and I think he knows this so he’s reluctant to take the job.

I think we have a good squad of players on the whole, certainly better than what it's producing right now anyway. If Zidane is the real deal, he'll get something from them.

I think we have a good squad of players on the whole, certainly better than what it's producing right now anyway. If Zidane is the real deal, he'll get something from them.
That’s my contention. We don’t really know how good he is because of the team he had before which was one of the best ever arguably.

If the board was fully behind Ole, I think they'd say so.

They've released statements backing the manager numerous times in the past. Why not this time?

I don't think they are actually backing him, at this point it's pretty pointless saying so anyway, but that still doesn't mean anything is really going on right now.

My guess is that they have been caught cold about how fast this is unravelling, and they stories of them been desperate for him to ride this out until the end of the season are true, as they haven't got a clue what to do short term.

I don't doubt we're looking at changing things in the summer , but that's along way away, and if Ole gets on a winning run again, which he's done before, it wouldn't surprise me if they change their minds.

That's the issue, not only isn't there a short term plan, there isn't a long term one either.,

That’s my contention. We don’t really know how good he is because of the team he had before which was one of the best ever arguably.
This is where he’s needed, with the players we have just need someone who can put basic instructions in and ability to make in game changes. Both which current management is failing to do.

Rodgers would not be my first option, not even in my top 10 options, but he is still a good manager, and he is a huge improvement to Ole.

Now, if he convinces Ndidi to follow him here, he would surely make it towards my top 5.

What we do know is that Zidane won the CL three times, which is unheard of. We also know that a squad filled with larger than life egos hung on his every word and did whatever he asked them to. He is also a very pragmatic coach, adapting his tactics to the opposition constantly, without the players complaining. In the one season where he wasn't their manager - the team failed (various reasons for that obviously). Let's be honest, if Zidane told Pogba to track back like his life depended on it - he probably would.

There's no bigger name in football. We often talk about how the manager no longer is the biggest star at the club - but with Zidane he unquestionably is. The man won 11 trophies as the manager of Real Madrid. His playing career is second to none. His pressence alone is worth millions. If we do have a chance to get him we most definitely should throw everything we have at him.

There's something special about Zizou, and we'd be mad not to at least try him out if we can.

Rodgers would not be my first option, not even in my top 10 options, but he is still a good manager, and he is a huge improvement to Ole.

Now, if he convinces Ndidi to follow him here, he would surely make it towards my top 5.
Not top 10? I am curious to see the 10 manager you takeover him (apart from the obvious one: pep, klopp, tuchel)

How does me saying I don’t think Zidane would be a success equal saying Rodgers would be. I have said I think Rodgers would be a good choice due to his track record of improving players and his relative success in England/Scotland.

I’m a little weary of Zidane because of the strength of the team he managed. They were arguably the bestMadrid team ever with peak Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric etc.He doesn’t have that here so there’s got to be question marks. He’s simply not managed a team as poor as we are.
All Rodgers has done in PL is feck up at the end of the season x 3
What he did in Scotland is irrelevant. They had no competition for the last 10 years.

We are not as bad as you say we are . Look at the players we have. It just needs a decent manager and coaches. The players are there albeit short a CM or 2

Last edited:
Zidane, though his agent, has always said he has no interest in England. Yet this is the manager that United are linked with? Seems like the Glazers are just pulling the wool over peoples eyes expecting it to go nowhere but to shut fans up and give Ole more time when it does inevitably lead to a dead end.

Even if we do somehow persuade Zidane to come. If it’s not a desire that he is chasing and if it’s not something that he wants 100% I really don’t want him. It’s the same with players, so should be no different to managers.

Give it to Rodgers on an 18 month contract. He’ll most probably leave Leicester mid season, if by the end of next season we’re in a serious title challenge then extend 18 month.

Zidane would be just as big a gamble as Ten Hag or Rodgers. He's not proven in the PL or at any other club than where he had the most expensive squad ever. I don't think you can gurantee success with any of them.

Zidane would be just as big a gamble as Ten Hag or Rodgers. He's not proven in the PL or at any other club than where he had the most expensive squad ever. I don't think you can gurantee success with any of them.

There's literally no manager you can guarantee success with. Why do people think like this?

All Rodgers has done in PL is feck up at the end of the season x 3
What he did in Scotland is irrelevant. They had no competition for the last 10 years.

We are not as bad as you say we are . Look at the players we have. It just needs a decent manager and coaches. The players are there albeit short a CM or 2
I’m more glass Half full with Rodgers. I think he overachieved with Liverpool personally, same for Leicester. Both squads he had were punching above their weight.

I don’t think zidane wants it and if he does get it then it will be because we’ve thrown money at him and made him the highest paid manager in the world. The thing with zidane aswell is he’ll probably leave if he doesn’t get what he wants or if things aren’t going his way so it will save us sacking him. Did he resign from madrid because they sold ronaldo? we 100% need a manager that wants to be here and someone that deserves a chance to manage the biggest club in europe. whoever we do get though needs to be given 2 years to start with and see how well we have done or not done before offering 5 year contracts and then finding it hard to sack them! if we start of with the lower contracts then it will be easy to let them go at the end of it or sack them and not have to pay much out.

11 trophies in 3 seasons. 3 of them in the toughest competition in the world - one where game management is everything. How is that in any way equal to the two others?

There's literally no manager you can guarantee success with. Why do people think like this?

It was, and to some extent is, the same stuff said about Pep. Back when Fergie retired there were plenty of people who said they didn't want Pep becauase he would fail without a massive budget and would be a risky appointment.

Honestly if Zidane wins as long as he's given a massive budget - then we should just give him that. Why pretend like we can't afford to do that?

If the board was fully behind Ole, I think they'd say so.

They've released statements backing the manager numerous times in the past. Why not this time?

Because of fan reaction. They're not stupid, Ole is not getting sacked in 2021, maybe next year- the fact people keep falling for paper talk is hilarious.

11 trophies in 3 seasons. 3 of them in the toughest competition in the world - one where game management is everything. How is that in any way equal to the two others?

It was, and to some extent is, the same stuff said about Pep. Back when Fergie retired there were plenty of people who said they didn't want Pep becauase he would fail without a massive budget and would be a risky appointment.

Honestly if Zidane wins as long as he's given a massive budget - then we should just give him that. Why pretend like we can't afford to do that?
Why are you pretending that he'd take the job? He doesn't want it.

Zidane didn't have the most expensive squad ever with Madrid, we do though, we have the 2nd most expensive squad ever (first is City's). So if he's good with expensive squads as you claim he should be perfect for us !

And emmm he would be less of a gamble since he's already won the biggest club competition 3 times, when he's only been coaching 5 years.

Unless you think an FA cup or a Dutch league is a bigger achievement than winning 3 UCLs in a row.

Not convinced on Rodgers, although clearly a big upgrade on Ole. It would be another appointment that would just cement the fact that the owners and board are not interested in us becoming the best club in the world.

If we do appoint him it will be interesting to see how those super loyal top reds - 'our job is just to support the team and the manager, regardless of form' - react, and how much time it takes before they turn on him...

Can't see any reason why a football manager wouldn't be interested in the PL. Maybe he doesn't fancy his chances taking on Pep, Klopp, Conte or Tuchel etc.
Weather? People?

Agree that I think part of it might be because of the hugely competitive nature of the league - a spell at United could easily leave his reputation in shreds...

Can't see any reason why a football manager wouldn't be interested in the PL. Maybe he doesn't fancy his chances taking on Pep, Klopp, Conte or Tuchel etc.

We are playing like absolute dogshit so he probably worries it will tarnish his legacy :lol: . He also may not be that interested in career management and only wants to take over clubs he has an affinity for. Who knows really?

The agent of Zinedine Zidane has said that his client is not attracted to managing in England, saying that it is not his style.

The former Juventus and Real Madrid midfielder has been touted as a potential replacement for under-fire Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho, who is thought to be clinging onto his job by a thread at Old Trafford.

While Saturday’s sensational comeback against Newcastle gave United a 3-2 victory and perhaps bought the Portuguese a little more time in the United hot seat, it was little more than papering over the pretty large cracks in his tenure.

United are thought to have been in contact with Zidane about him replacing Mourinho, much like Mourinho was contacted behind Louis van Gaal’s back in 2016, but despite being out of work after leaving Real Madrid at the end of last season, Zidane’s agent has moved to distance his client from the speculation.

“I do not think that he will manage in England,” Alain Migliaccio told Journal du Dimanche.

“It is much less his style. I have discussed it with him, it does not really attract him. He has chosen to have a year out, he will not dive in again before that is over.”

https://thefootballfaithful.com/zid...ster-united-job-says-his-agent/?share=twitter

Clearly there's nothing in the rumours, glazers aren't gonna do owt. But I can't believe after the shitshow of this season people are turning up there noses at Zidane or Rogers.

The agent of Zinedine Zidane has said that his client is not attracted to managing in England, saying that it is not his style.

The former Juventus and Real Madrid midfielder has been touted as a potential replacement for under-fire Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho, who is thought to be clinging onto his job by a thread at Old Trafford.

While Saturday’s sensational comeback against Newcastle gave United a 3-2 victory and perhaps bought the Portuguese a little more time in the United hot seat, it was little more than papering over the pretty large cracks in his tenure.

United are thought to have been in contact with Zidane about him replacing Mourinho, much like Mourinho was contacted behind Louis van Gaal’s back in 2016, but despite being out of work after leaving Real Madrid at the end of last season, Zidane’s agent has moved to distance his client from the speculation.

“I do not think that he will manage in England,” Alain Migliaccio told Journal du Dimanche.

“It is much less his style. I have discussed it with him, it does not really attract him. He has chosen to have a year out, he will not dive in again before that is over.”

https://thefootballfaithful.com/zid...ster-united-job-says-his-agent/?share=twitter
I'm confused - this was from 3 years ago? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.