• Yes - Its time to make a change

Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

If we are planning on replacing Ole with Rodgers then what’s the point of dragging this out by letting Ole stay in charge for the Watford game and risk throwing even more points away? If we’re wanting Rodgers then just go get him right now, least then we can have that new manager bounce that could help us out right away and potentially secure are place in the CL with a win against Villarreal.

I definitely find the Zidane story more believable than the Rodgers is imminent crap.

Firstly it explains why Ole hasn't been sacked yet. Secondly hiring Zidane is the obvious choice for a board that are desperate to keep their marketable stars, namely Pogba, happy.

He has to play. Because he's english.
Same with Wan-Bissaka...

They have to play because we paid 130m for them. Imagine what we’d be saying if City or Chelsea paid 130m for a couple of defenders and then didn’t use them. Ridiculous

If we are planning on replacing Ole with Rodgers then what’s the point of dragging this out by letting Ole stay in charge for the Watford game and risk throwing even more points away? If we’re wanting Rodgers then just go get him right now, least then we can have that new manager bounce that could help us out right away and potentially secure are place in the CL with a win against Villarreal.

The answer is simple. Absolutely nothing is happening until we're at least ten points adrift of 4th. That's all the board are looking at.

It should be pointed out that the difference between the two scenarios is that whilst Pep is in Spain, his entire coaching staff including assistant manager Juanma Lillo is overseeing training in Pep's absence, whereas, all three of Ole, Carrick and McKenna have been given the week off.
Also Ole Carrick and McKenna should be sat down the very next day after the latest humiliations to figure out what tactic and how to bloody play it, not go on holidays. Pep doesnt.

The answer is simple. Absolutely nothing is happening until we're at least ten points adrift of 4th. That's all the board are looking at.
Yup. That's become clear now, that only the risk of losing top 4 will force a change. Otherwise those disgraceful displays against our rivals would have done it already.

Would definitely sign up for Zidane on an 18-24 month deal with this squad, doubt he's interested though.

More than likely already has his sights set on replacing Deschamps at the helm of the French NT reportedly

Would definitely sign up for Zidane on an 18-24 month deal with this squad, doubt he's interested though.

More than likely already has his sights set on replacing Deschamps at the helm of the French NT reportedly

It would be ideal if we could somehow convince him to just sign on until after the WC. Pay him whatever he wants

Zidane until January 2022 then Ten Hag or Marco Rose after that. The dream.

Problem is Zidane will never agree to it. Doesn't even speak English and is hardly gonna learn if he's only staying for a short time.

Who the feck is this reluctantnicko fella? And why is he relevant?
He was right about Dan James leaving because of Ronaldo, to be fair. But he's also reported a lot of ridiculous stuff -- like Atletico wanting to swap Jan Oblak for De Gea.

Doesn't surprise me the report that senior players are ringing alarm bells regarding the manager.

Ronaldo has worked under Fergie, Zidane, Ancelotti and a prime Mourinho. Varane the same except for Fergie.

Cavani has played under Ancelotti, Blanc, Emery and Tuchel.

Sancho, despite being only 21, has worked with both Klopp and Tuchel, and would have worked with Pep whilst at City.

These players recognise real footballing people when they work with them, and are probably not willing to tolerate and swallow the shit sandwich repeatedly being served up by Ole and the coaching staff.

Good on them.
The only thing that can end this nightmare are the players themselves. Hope they realize that.

Also Ole Carrick and McKenna should be sat down the very next day after the latest humiliations to figure out what tactic and how to bloody play it, not go on holidays. Pep doesnt.

That scares me because it implies that Ole believes the poor outings are a mental problem and not tactical.

Doesn't surprise me the report that senior players are ringing alarm bells regarding the manager.

Ronaldo has worked under Fergie, Zidane, Ancelotti and a prime Mourinho. Varane the same except for Fergie.

Cavani has played under Ancelotti, Blanc, Emery and Tuchel.

Sancho, despite being only 21, has worked with both Klopp and Tuchel, and would have worked with Pep whilst at City.

These players recognise real footballing people when they work with them, and are probably not willing to tolerate and swallow the shit sandwich repeatedly being served up by Ole and the coaching staff.

Good on them.
Sancho was never managed by Klopp. Klopp left in 2015 and Sancho joined in 2017.

I definitely find the Zidane story more believable than the Rodgers is imminent crap.

Firstly it explains why Ole hasn't been sacked yet. Secondly hiring Zidane is the obvious choice for a board that are desperate to keep their marketable stars, namely Pogba, happy.
More like Ronaldo and Varane found out Rodgers is imminent and decided to take matters into their own hands and reached out to Zidane.

I’m not actually a fan of the Rodger’s appointment. But the longer Ole seemingly stays on, the more I’m warming up to the idea of Rodgers. By the time Ole gets the sack, I’ll be indifferent to whoever replaces him. It’ll be an improvement anyway.

I’m not actually a fan of the Rodger’s appointment. But the longer Ole seemingly stays on, the more I’m warming up to the idea of Rodgers. By the time Ole gets the sack, I’ll be indifferent to whoever replaces him. It’ll be an improvement anyway.
I feel the same way, the longer ole stays on the lower we fall in the table

A post on Foxestalk:
Well yeah but you have to imagine that if they WERE gonna sack OGS now then they would have done it at the start of the international window to give them time to be sorted by the next game. Doing it now would be weird but... It is Man utd after all.

"It is Man Utd after all."

We really are the laughing stock of the football world.

It should be pointed out that the difference between the two scenarios is that whilst Pep is in Spain, his entire coaching staff including assistant manager Juanma Lillo is overseeing training in Pep's absence, whereas, all three of Ole, Carrick and McKenna have been given the week off.
Plus a well drilled team such as city could be forgiven for taking a break.

More like Ronaldo and Varane found out Rodgers is imminent and decided to take matters into their own hands and reached out to Zidane.
:lol: Knowing the way the club is run, won’t be far from the truth. We make winners into dithering idiots. Culture of “this yr is our yr”

A post on Foxestalk:

"It is Man Utd after all."

We really are the laughing stock of the football world.

When it comes to managers we genuinely operate in a different manner to every other top club. That’s been evident since Moyes.

So is he still in Norway? Kristiansund or summat.
Summat I think or summat like that anyway. He is getting props from his fam and lickspittles have been converging on his location to butter his balls.

Zidane is the one man who I think would be a big failure here

Weren't you one of those who told everyone critcized Ole ( a manager from the Norwegian league) to shut up, yet you are lecturing people in the caf how a 3 times CL winner is going to be a failure. The logic you people carry is out of this world.

Weren't you one of those who told everyone critcized Ole ( a manager from the Norwegian league) to shut up, yet you are lecturing people in the caf how a 3 times CL winner is going to be a failure. The logic you people carry is out of this world.
Erm no. I’ve always been critical of Ole so I don’t know what you’re going on about.

And Rodgers wouldn’t ?
How does me saying I don’t think Zidane would be a success equal saying Rodgers would be. I have said I think Rodgers would be a good choice due to his track record of improving players and his relative success in England/Scotland.

I’m a little weary of Zidane because of the strength of the team he managed. They were arguably the bestMadrid team ever with peak Ronaldo, Ramos, Modric etc.He doesn’t have that here so there’s got to be question marks. He’s simply not managed a team as poor as we are.

It would be ideal if we could somehow convince him to just sign on until after the WC. Pay him whatever he wants

Zidane until January 2022 then Ten Hag or Marco Rose after that. The dream.

Problem is Zidane will never agree to it. Doesn't even speak English and is hardly gonna learn if he's only staying for a short time.

That's not reasonable in any way... Planning ahead to replace a coach in the middle of the season, asking a coach not to work for half the season so he can start his job in the middle of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.