• Yes - Its time to make a change

Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with it honestly. I'll take any competent coach with a track record of developing youth right now. At least if Rodgers flops there won't be all this sentimentality and 'United Way' bullshit stopping him from being sacked, as he has no prior connection to the club and is a former scouse manager. He'll be out of the door fairly quick.
Bingo, get Rodgers in if he’s willing to come mid season…and if he’s eventually shit, then it’s none of this sacking a (not) legend bollocks

I mean, are they supposed to be happy?

Imagine Ronaldo on international duty and on the squads watts app group and sees message from ole 'lads not on international duty, take the week off as that's what me and coaches are doing' I'm sure he is like is this serious. Got the piss taking out of us against man City and manager and all take week off.

Doesn't surprise me the report that senior players are ringing alarm bells regarding the manager.

Ronaldo has worked under Fergie, Zidane, Ancelotti and a prime Mourinho. Varane the same except for Fergie.

Cavani has played under Ancelotti, Blanc, Emery and Tuchel.

Sancho, despite being only 21, has worked with both Klopp and Tuchel, and would have worked with Pep whilst at City.

These players recognise real footballing people when they work with them, and are probably not willing to tolerate and swallow the shit sandwich repeatedly being served up by Ole and the coaching staff.

Good on them.

Reactions: Fortitude
Bruno has put some pictures of him working and training for Portugal on his insta...do you think he's pissed off at all?

I'm actually hoping that Monday is some sort of final decision day. It's more hope than any actual expectation of action by the club however.

It's probably the last chance we have to save the season going completely down the tubes.

I'm fine with it honestly. I'll take any competent coach with a track record of developing youth right now. At least if Rodgers flops there won't be all this sentimentality and 'United Way' bullshit stopping him from being sacked, as he has no prior connection to the club and is a former scouse manager. He'll be out of the door fairly quick.
Yea good point. Any upgrade really

I heard a theory off somebody, just their take.

Ole offered his resignation and the club told him to go away for a week and reconsider. Hence the strange break away. The line from mouthpieces like Simon Stone, claiming it was fully planned, doesn't ring true to me. The likes of Rashford and Greenwood have had to train with the youth team. Seems a bit suspect all in all, but if Ole has offered his resignation it would make more sense when you think about it. Also explains why the club aren't publicly backing him and why they're not making big moves or giving any clear communication.

Just a theory but I think it would make sense.
He went back to Norway during the previous two international breaks it just wasn’t reported on. Guardiola was back in Spain this week too. There is nothing to read into this.

I’m all for it. If he flops then sack. It’s really quite a simple process.

I’m all for it. If he flops then sack. It’s really quite a simple process.
Trouble is, we take 3 times as long as the average club when it comes to sacking our managers. Granted he won't be as seemingly unsackable as Ole because of his lack of affinity with the club, but Woodward, Arnold or whatever random Glazer parasite responsible will dither.

Also bringing him in now would pretty much kill off the Ten Hag idea. No chance we're sacking Rodgers by the summer even if he does poorly. He'll be given two full seasons.

Trouble is, we take 3 times as long as the average club when it comes to sacking our managers. Granted he won't be as seemingly unsackable as Ole because of his lack of affinity with the club, but Woodward, Arnold or whatever random Glazer parasite responsible will dither.

Also bringing him in now would pretty much kill off the Ten Hag idea. No chance we're sacking Rodgers by the summer even if he does poorly. He'll be given two full seasons.
This is a lesson that clearly needs to be learned. Time = does NOT mean success. We need to drop this idea completely. Football is a now sport, or at the very most 6 months/a year ahead. This whole building a project thing is a complete myth. Yes, you obviously need to plan and have a vision etc and have targets to sign but the actual football is what matters most and if it’s shite then you get rid.

There's no way he's getting sacked now. The player unrest will start and we will see how toxic they're willing to go, but the board won't do shit until they can shift the blame(responsibility) of sacking ole to the players

He used to coach a team in sweden, he had a summer just like ole and got some really good players in. He just couldnt hack it there. He got fired because he couldnt make top 3 with a squad similar to uniteds with Swedish standard. I can't see him coaching in the prem.
Maybe the yanks just have a very good generation.

I'll believe when i see it, and even then we're still in a huge hole we need to dig out of.

IF the stories about the players being unhappy are true, that could be the only thing to give us hope they'll have to sack him.

I can see them twitching if their biggest money spinner (Ronaldo) approaches them directly and lays down an ultimatum of Ole or him.

I hope...

Zidane is the one man who I think would be a big failure here

Either will do. But I understand your thoughts. But look more to his coaching team. They will be important in this role. Also a man like Zidane should only get an 18 month contract.

Zidane is the one man who I think would be a big failure here
As opposed to our current manager who you so keenly supported for so long?

The amount of ex-Ole inners that just state Zidane would fail with no justification is pretty ironic when you people believed in a guy whose only previous PL experience is relegating Cardiff.

As opposed to our current manager who you so keenly supported for so long?

The amount of ex-Ole inners that just state Zidane would fail with no justification is pretty ironic when you people believed in a guy whose only previous PL experience is relegating Cardiff.
What on earth are you talking about :lol:

I've been Ole out for a very long time.

I don't think Zidane will do well anywhere other than Spain to be honest, but at least as an interim he'd cheer our galacticos up a bit and he'll walk away as soon as shit hits the fan.

Hartis-and-Dempsey.jpg

Assistant manager Mark Dempsey, manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and goalkeeping coach Richard Hartis of Cardiff City

Will he take Dempsey and Hartis with him when he is sacked?

Assistant manager Mark Dempsey, manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and goalkeeping coach Richard Hartis of Cardiff City

Will he take Dempsey and Hartis with him when he is sacked?

Can only hope so. He seems to take them everywhere.

He went back to Norway during the previous two international breaks it just wasn’t reported on. Guardiola was back in Spain this week too. There is nothing to read into this.

It should be pointed out that the difference between the two scenarios is that whilst Pep is in Spain, his entire coaching staff including assistant manager Juanma Lillo is overseeing training in Pep's absence, whereas, all three of Ole, Carrick and McKenna have been given the week off.

It should be pointed out that the difference between the two scenarios is that whilst Pep is in Spain, his entire coaching staff including assistant manager Juanma Lillo is overseeing training in Pep's absence, whereas, all three of Ole, Carrick and McKenna have been given the week off.
They probably don't know where Ole keeps the cones to be fair to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.