• Yes - Its time to make a change

Votes: 3,004 87.8%
  • No - Give him more time

Votes: 449 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
THere is no way he's in charge next season. The players have had it, so have most of the fans. He should have gone last season, but the board dont understand football. They want a yes man who will nto challenge their commercial priorities. We need rid of Woodward and his team, not just Ole. No manager on the way up will come near this fiasco.

I am thinking it’s strange if his in charge in January.

We need more football men in leader positions and also the best ones. We sadly got a long way to go. The right manager and his team would help of course.

A few are. Chances are Rodgers is going to be the next manager so may as well start getting used to it.

Still all quoting the star.

I'll start getting used to being Rodgers out.

Is the penny finally dropping folks? I said they won't fire him even if we lost to City.

He's safe until at least the humiliating defeats against arsenal and Chelsea are done. That's the point when they'll realise even top 4 is unlikely

Its time to Bounce Back..
We go again...
Coming back like proper wounded animals

Can't wait to listen all that crap again once their well earned holiday is over

Is the penny finally dropping folks? I said they won't fire him even if we lost to City.

He's safe until at least the humiliating defeats against arsenal and Chelsea are done. That's the point when they'll realise even top 4 is unlikely
There hasn’t been the banner flown across OT yet. That’s normally been a key ingredient.

I've decided I'm Ole in again. I have positive feelings about how his week off will recharge him and it will be like when he first came in.

I can see us going on another run of 15 straight wins and flying up the table.

I would say the only game that should be acceptable to lose till March is Chelsea away in a couple of weeks. 15 straight wins is a bit crazy but this team if they hit form is capable of going on a nice unbeaten run.

Regardless, this wouldn't be changing my opinion at all about Ole because we know what will happen at the next hurdle.

“Let me tell you something about hope my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing, maybe the worst of things. Hope can drive a man insane.”

-Red, a man of wisdom and locator of useful objects from time to time.

He's not getting sacked, mate. Not now, not ever. Best get acquainted with that small fact lest the hope consumes you.
The current situation reminds me of the Malcolm Tucker quote (The thick of it)
"This is the f**king Shawshank Redemption, right, but with more tunnelling through s**t and no f**king redemption."

Maybe we should hire that USA coach. They play like Liverpool, but with 2.5 speed.

He used to coach a team in sweden, he had a summer just like ole and got some really good players in. He just couldnt hack it there. He got fired because he couldnt make top 3 with a squad similar to uniteds with Swedish standard. I can't see him coaching in the prem.

He is only DOF because he is unable to coach. He is also unable to direct as a director of football. There has never been more incompetent person in charge of a big organization as Manchester United for so long.

SHUUUTTTT

You got to feel sorry for him, no doubt he’s getting this now with our squad. Aim of football is scoring goals right? So what do you do? ….Shoot!!

Dumbasses. No wonder we’re dropping down the table like a stone. Players can’t grasp the basics.

I'm surprised that nobody has raised the possibility that Ole has already been sacked. Fekking off to Norway in the middle of a crisis seems like the actions of a man who wants to be somewhere else when the axe falls officially.

All this 'senior players want him gone' stuff leaking out tonight. I figure these are leaks from the international camps. I don't think they would be saying that if they thought there would be reprisals.

You got to feel sorry for him, no doubt he’s getting this now with our squad. Aim of football is scoring goals right? So what do you do? ….Shoot!!

Dumbasses. No wonder we’re dropping down the table like a stone. Players can’t grasp the basics.

Imagine the likes of Varane and Ronaldo attending such training session. These people had winning trophies left, right and center under some of the finest managers in the world. Now they will be reduced to listen to these guy demanding players to shoot the ball.

I'm surprised that nobody has raised the possibility that Ole has already been sacked. Fekking off to Norway in the middle of a crisis seems like the actions of a man who wants to be somewhere else when the axe falls officially.

All this 'senior players want him gone' stuff leaking out tonight. I figure these are leaks from the international camps. I don't think they would be saying that if they thought there would be reprisals.
I thought that as well at the start. But, it does seem as if he's just gone on a holiday unfortunately. Bad timing I know.

I thought that as well at the start. But, it does seem as if he's just gone on a holiday unfortunately. Bad timing I know.
I thought that too. I'm beginning to think otherwise. Sounds like Bodge has agreed to step in. All this 'the board have agreed to hire Bodge or Poch' is just so ridiculously taking us for idiots that it could only have come from Woodward.

The senior players wanting him gone story is Duncan Castles'. Had ties to Jorge Menses, agent of Ronaldo. That's what I think it's behind that story. Been a few whispers he's not happy this week.

The senior players wanting him gone story is Duncan Castles'. Had ties to Jorge Menses, agent of Ronaldo. That's what I think it's behind that story. Been a few whispers he's not happy this week.
Yeah I Can imagine Ronnie is at the front of the queue. But they will all be at it bar McFred. Who would want to front up this shitshow?

I thought that too. I'm beginning to think otherwise. Sounds like Bodge has agreed to step in. All this 'the board have agreed to hire Bodge or Poch' is just so ridiculously taking us for idiots that it could only have come from Woodward.
I haven't heard any reliable reports of that though, just 'interest' in making them our next manager when they are available.

I hope you're right, but I've accepted that Ole will most likely be here the rest of the season.

I haven't heard any reliable reports of that though, just 'interest' in making them our next manager when they are available.

I hope you're right, but I've accepted that Ole will most likely be here the rest of the season.

Just speculating tbh. No-one knows anything.

I think he’s gone honestly, it’s all very curious. Off to Norway on holiday during time of crisis, club unusually silent. Likely have something in the pipeline and keeping it ultra hushed. I think they are after poch from psg but have issues with the timing. They can’t make appointment immediately so they are trying to juggle the short term. I think Ole has prob been told his days are numbered but they are unsure as to specific date he is going, would fit with being sent away to clear his head even if he is back managing for the season. Well it’s one explanation anyway. Obv a caretaker would be way to go, maybe this is what’s giving them the headache?

Don’t do it to yourselves guys, I’ve made peace with the fact he’s here for the foreseeable so no use in getting wound up by it anymore, if our board had any ambition at all then Conte would be our manager right now and we’d all be nervously excited for what was about to unfold this season..but as it is, we’re going to limp towards the end of the season, winning feck all and then we go again next season.

Painful

I heard a theory off somebody, just their take.

Ole offered his resignation and the club told him to go away for a week and reconsider. Hence the strange break away. The line from mouthpieces like Simon Stone, claiming it was fully planned, doesn't ring true to me. The likes of Rashford and Greenwood have had to train with the youth team. Seems a bit suspect all in all, but if Ole has offered his resignation it would make more sense when you think about it. Also explains why the club aren't publicly backing him and why they're not making big moves or giving any clear communication.

Just a theory but I think it would make sense.

I heard a theory off somebody, just their take.

Ole offered his resignation and the club told him to go away for a week and reconsider. Hence the strange break away. The line from mouthpieces like Simon Stone, claiming it was fully planned, doesn't ring true to me. The likes of Rashford and Greenwood have had to train with the youth team. Seems a bit suspect all in all, but if Ole has offered his resignation it would make more sense when you think about it. Also explains why the club aren't publicly backing him and why they're not making big moves or giving any clear communication.

Just a theory but I think it would make sense.
What’s this about?

Where is this?
These days there's no surprise sackings. It all breaks well before.

I would be absolutely livid if he had actually offered his resignation and we told him to go away and think about it. That is riot worthy.

What’s this about?

Just a theory. Which I heard and the more I thought about it the more I thought it was possible. The club seem a bit unsure at the moment it some of the stories can be believed. If Ole had offered to step aside and they told him to take the week (which the word is that they enforced this break on him) then it makes sense.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see you highlighted the part about Rashford and Greenwood. They've been in training with the youth team this week. Not sure if they were the only senior players or not.

Last edited:
It's just a theory I heard! Just putting it out there. You not think it would explain a lot?
I think it’s unlikely that it wouldn’t have made it’s way out by now, but I also wouldn’t be shocked if it was true.

I think it’s unlikely that it wouldn’t have made it’s way out by now, but I also wouldn’t be shocked if it was true.

Perhaps only Ole and senior guys know, hence players being surprised about the break. Whatever is happening, it's being handled with kid gloves. I simply refuse to believe that nothing has happened and it's just an enforced break away. Not to say that I think he'll go, but something has gone on with this holiday.

Did also see Sancho post something on his instagram story the other day where he was(presumably training on his own) was on a pitch. This holiday has been absolute madness.

Perhaps only Ole and senior guys know, hence players being surprised about the break. Whatever is happening, it's being handled with kid gloves.
There is also the dimension of sending a message to other managers. They never wanted Conte cos he would shout at Ronnie and shatter his gigantic ego. Poch would be OK but they must know he isn't going anywhere. They need to give Bodge the confidence to talk to his Leicester bosses which would not be the case if Ole was carrying on like he was still in post and they were giving him big public backing.

So yeah something feels up.

A few are. Chances are Rodgers is going to be the next manager so may as well start getting used to it.
I'm fine with it honestly. I'll take any competent coach with a track record of developing youth right now. At least if Rodgers flops there won't be all this sentimentality and 'United Way' bullshit stopping him from being sacked, as he has no prior connection to the club and is a former scouse manager. He'll be out of the door fairly quick.

Did also see Sancho post something on his instagram story the other day where he was(presumably training on his own) was on a pitch. This holiday has been absolute madness.
It's an act of desperation to try and 'refresh' Ole and give him time to reflect, but it will do more harm than good for sure. Will the team even be fit for the Watford game?

Status
Not open for further replies.