Ole Gunnar Solskjær | Managerial Watch

It wasn't his first season. It was his first full. He was also in charge for half a season, and after the first good results, he bottled top 4. He had 6 months to access his squad, not a pre season.

I reckon you know what the meaning of bottle is, or I guess you like to throw it out there to make you all fancy.

Bottling something means when you are in control of something and then lose it.

We were never in control of top 4 to bottle it.

I really hope you have this same energy end of this season. He took over 6th, 11 points of top 4 half way through the season.

So being 11 points off hlaf way through is a bottle, I hope you have the same energy about bottling something if Ten Hag doesnt win the league. Will you say he bottled the league title?

I reckon you know what the meaning of bottle is, or I guess you like to throw it out there to make you all fancy.

I really hope you have this same energy end of this season. He took over 6th, 11 points of top 4 half way through the season.

So being 11 points off hlaf way through is a bottle, I hope you have the same energy about bottling something if Ten Hag doesnt win the league. Will you say he bottled the league title?

We actually were, at matchweek 34 arsenal lost at home to Crystal Palace and if won we'd have been top 4 with 4 games left, we lost 4-0 to Everton. That is bottling it

Yes, but compared to yesterday Ole is now a Premier League winning manager, so all the arguments have to be revisited!
:lol: touche
Exactly and this is not the thread for it so why do people keep on fecking raising it?
As above, because he might be a premier league winner (I highly doubt they'll be stripped off their titles) after City's charges yesterday :lol: but yes, agreed.

We actually were, at matchweek 34 arsenal lost at home to Crystal Palace and if won we'd have been top 4 with 4 games left, we lost 4-0 to Everton. That is bottling it

Its quite funny, a manager recoups 9 points in 16 games, yet is 2 points behind 2 teams in top 4, is called a bottle.

Anyway, I ask you the same question as I asked the other poster, if Ten Hag doesn't win the league, I suspect you will be out here saying he bottled the league?

https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-premier-league-2018-2019-spieltag/34/

Surprised there's not more interest in a guy who basically had the league title stolen from him.

Go to bed and you can no longer play on the PlayStation for FIVE days.

You're not my mum.

Also is FIVE days different to five days? Like, I can only play if I'm not listening to my favourite boyband from the early 00s?

You're not my mum.

Also is FIVE days different to five days? Like, I can only play if I'm not listening to my favourite boyband from the early 00s?

You weren't even born then! Stop listening to your older brother, he's an idiot.

Anyway, can't we all just shut up and accept that if Ole gets a title it'd be hilarious and brilliant and we can all just close this chapter and continue worshipping our new bald overlord.

Its quite funny, a manager recoups 9 points in 16 games, yet is 2 points behind 2 teams in top 4, is called a bottle.

Anyway, I ask you the same question as I asked the other poster, if Ten Hag doesn't win the league, I suspect you will be out here saying he bottled the league?

https://www.worldfootball.net/schedule/eng-premier-league-2018-2019-spieltag/34/

No, but if he doesn't get top 4 this season he will have bottled it. You're arguing against a non existent opinion that solskjaer should have won the league in his first season. No be he should have been getting above 80 points by his second or third season given the quality of the team he inherited and the amount of money he got to spend

Anyway, can't we all just shut up and accept that if Ole gets a title it'd be hilarious and brilliant and we can all just close this chapter and continue worshipping our new bald overlord.

I've never claimed otherwise. I'd be buzzing, although I still think it'd feel a little hollow. Wouldn't stop me lauding up around any Bertie's I know though.

We were so atrocious last season that I forgot we finished 2nd the season prior, didn't help that it was a low points tally for that position.

It's arguably the right thing to not award titles retrospectively, but a part of me wants it done just for the hilarity of Ole being a PL winning manager with measly 74 points.

If by matchweek 31 we are 2 points behind the 1st place and in the next 9 games we only win 2 games, draw 2 and lose 5 and we finish 5 points behind the 1st place, then we can say ETH bottled the race, yes. Our form till that point meant we were going to get top 4. However, as usual with the rest of Ole's reign, when things were starting to get serious, he failed.

Also, as I pointed to you before (and you never replied to this, you just wanted to be pedantic) you must learn how to compare things; you compared ETH full season with Ole 1 and a half.

It's gonna be hilarious if Ole manages to nick a title from this.

It's gonna be hilarious if Ole manages to nick a title from this.

I don't think there's any scenario where that's likely, the charges only go up to 2018 and I'd imagine if those charges land the pl won't bring up new ones since then

It’s not going to happen

Agreed, mourinho might get one then then he'll come back to the PL so he can do "4 for me, and I've won more premier leagues alone than the other 19 managers combined, respect" though he might struggle to find a team to take him as manager :lol:

The issue with anti-Ole arguments is that they just contradict each other.

For example, one of the arguments is that he left behind a shit squad -> But then there is an argument that he got 2nd and 3rd due to individual brilliance
One one side there's this argument that he left us soft, mentally weak -> On other side, we were 2nd half FC
On one side we got 2nd because all sides had issues -> On other side, we were with a manager who has been the worst manager to ever manage in PL, and not good enough for League 2 as well
One one side we say that Ole inherited a squad that finished 2nd 6 months earlier -> On other side, we say Ole left behind a squad that was 7th or 8th in PL

I've always defended Ole, and always will. But I'll acknowledge that his time can't be called a success as we didnt lift PL/CL. For cups, I dont think its the best parameter to classify success, as a lot depends on draw luck as well.

If someone said that there will be a manager who'll have a team with terrible attitude, who've been made complacent by the manager, backroom staff that has been employed on the basis of whether they are friends with Ole or not (Remember Nepotism FC"?), the worst owners in the league but guide the team to 2nd and 3rd place finishes with good runs in cup competitions, I'll hire that manager in an instant.

Ole probably doesn't want another job. He's a multi-millionaire who already had (what must be) his dream managerial job. Why bother?
He won the PL with Manchester United as a player and 1st manager since Sir Alex.

Legacy complete.

Agreed, mourinho might get one then then he'll come back to the PL so he can do "4 for me, and I've won more premier leagues alone than the other 19 managers combined, respect" though he might struggle to find a team to take him as manager :lol:

He would have to also re-shoot that advert he did that still runs now and then mocking his 2nd place finish with united

The issue with anti-Ole arguments is that they just contradict each other.

For example, one of the arguments is that he left behind a shit squad -> But then there is an argument that he got 2nd and 3rd due to individual brilliance
One one side there's this argument that he left us soft, mentally weak -> On other side, we were 2nd half FC
On one side we got 2nd because all sides had issues -> On other side, we were with a manager who has been the worst manager to ever manage in PL, and not good enough for League 2 as well
One one side we say that Ole inherited a squad that finished 2nd 6 months earlier -> On other side, we say Ole left behind a squad that was 7th or 8th in PL

I've always defended Ole, and always will. But I'll acknowledge that his time can't be called a success as we didnt lift PL/CL. For cups, I dont think its the best parameter to classify success, as a lot depends on draw luck as well.

If someone said that there will be a manager who'll have a team with terrible attitude, who've been made complacent by the manager, backroom staff that has been employed on the basis of whether they are friends with Ole or not (Remember Nepotism FC"?), the worst owners in the league but guide the team to 2nd and 3rd place finishes with good runs in cup competitions, I'll hire that manager in an instant.
My biggest issue with the argument that he finished second is simply that if you compare stats (all the xg fanboys love stats) to other seasons, they simply don’t add up to a good season. You can take that however you want. I’m fully aware it’s almost impossible to actually compare one season to the next however take the following season for example, Chelsea finished 3rd with the same point total but a superior goal difference. As a Chelsea fan I consider that season a failure. As a United fan you consider your 2nd place a success almost when in reality it’s not and it was a poor season for every team.

Before he started his managerial career, he was somebody's son.
Now he is a PL winning manager. Only got the sack because Ronaldo ruined his squad.
Football legacy, before he took over the team finished without CL. With him, sometimes maybe CL sometimes maybe no CL.
Respect respect respect.

My biggest issue with the argument that he finished second is simply that if you compare stats (all the xg fanboys love stats) to other seasons, they simply don’t add up to a good season. You can take that however you want. I’m fully aware it’s almost impossible to actually compare one season to the next however take the following season for example, Chelsea finished 3rd with the same point total but a superior goal difference. As a Chelsea fan I consider that season a failure. As a United fan you consider your 2nd place a success almost when in reality it’s not and it was a poor season for every team.
I doubt anyone celebrates that season. However, the xG people need to also look at the fact that we finished in top 4 xG wise in both his seasons. For comparison, we finished 6th on xG in Mou's 81 point season. Hell, in the post SAF years, we've finished in top 4 on xGD just thrice, twice under Ole, and Mou's 1st season if memory serves me right.

And I don't think you can compare the point tally across that season with other seasons, solely because United didn't have a pre-season that year, and thanks to the fixture congestion, we basically gave up on last 5 games of the season. People can go on about points as much as they like, but eventually, people remember just the position of a team

It was a rubbish season.

If by matchweek 31 we are 2 points behind the 1st place and in the next 9 games we only win 2 games, draw 2 and lose 5 and we finish 5 points behind the 1st place, then we can say ETH bottled the race, yes. Our form till that point meant we were going to get top 4. However, as usual with the rest of Ole's reign, when things were starting to get serious, he failed.

Also, as I pointed to you before (and you never replied to this, you just wanted to be pedantic) you must learn how to compare things; you compared ETH full season with Ole 1 and a half.

No, I am comparing the first one.

Why does it have to be match week 31 on your narrative? Ole recovered 9 points to catchup but couldn't get there = bottler, but Ten Hag in his first full season was 8 points behind and if he dont win the league, you dont want the same energy?

No, but if he doesn't get top 4 this season he will have bottled it. You're arguing against a non existent opinion that solskjaer should have won the league in his first season. No be he should have been getting above 80 points by his second or third season given the quality of the team he inherited and the amount of money he got to spend

Again, if you are basing only by points, I hope you are consistent throughout the years comparing points not league position. I will bookmark this to make sure this is the case.

People saying Ole will get a title from this City debacle realize the charges go up to 2017/2018 right?

Why does it have to be match week 31 on your narrative? Ole recovered 9 points to catchup but couldn't get there = bottler, but Ten Hag in his first full season was 8 points behind and if he dont win the league, you dont want the same energy?

So in their first full season, Ole got top 4 after spending millions only after Leicester bottled it. So, even if we don't take into consideration the advantages Ole had (6 full months before, and not having many senior players leave), ETH still seems to piss on Ole's first season.

You are right I should have picked day 33, when we had a game in hand to go ahead of Chelsea but we lost. So, yes if in day 34 we are 2 points behind from the first one and we have a game in hand, then I will admit that ETH bottled the title race.

So in their first full season, Ole got top 4 after spending millions only after Leicester bottled it. So, even if we don't take into consideration the advantages Ole had (6 full months before, and not having many senior players leave), ETH still seems to piss on Ole's first season.

You are right I should have picked day 33, when we had a game in hand to go ahead of Chelsea but we lost. So, yes if in day 34 we are 2 points behind from the first one and we have a game in hand, then I will admit that ETH bottled the title race.

I am sorry I dont need to go round in circles with someone who has agendas and makes narratives to suit the agenda.

I get it you hate Ole, you cant take the bias out.

I can explain this to you. Repeat after me. Top-4 has 4 places. Top-1 has... well, one place.

So, falling just short of achieving the latter is no great shame.