Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel terribly for Ole. Seems like the entire footballing world is having a go at him and his ability. Let this poor man go already regardless of what he may want. Throw in the towel already.

He should have left with grace after the scouse beating but no he's deluding himself into believing he can sort this out

I want him to resign. I hope the board don't sack him. More than likely he will drag Utd down until he faces so much abuse that he has to walk away. I am morbidly curious to see how deluded he really is about his managerial ability and his love for Utd.

I want him to resign. I hope the board don't sack him. More than likely he will drag Utd down until he faces so much abuse that he has to walk away. I am morbidly curious to see how deluded he really is about his managerial ability and his love for Utd.

He should but no chance in hell (to quote Vinny Mac) that it happens due to all that money he misses out on

He should but no chance in hell (to quote Vinny Mac) that it happens due to all that money he misses out on
The board should issue a statement that Ole can stay for the length of his contract but they would welcome his resignation. That should crank the pressure up a few notches.

His old team mates are starting to turn on him, Rio in his podcast, Keane after the City humbling and Scholes after the shit show vs Atalanta, now all thats needed is the fans to start booing him at OT and the board would soil their underwear and relieve him of his job.

The board should issue a statement that Ole can stay for the length of his contract but they would welcome his resignation. That should crank the pressure up a few notches.

We are wishing for something that's just never gonna happen in a million years

We are wishing for something that's just never gonna happen in a million years
Maybe, but why do the board have to spend millions of the club's money getting him out? Maybe the fans should do the dirty work this time and hound him until he resigns. Now that would be a legacy.

Maybe, but why do the board have to spend millions of the club's money getting him out? Maybe the fans should do the dirty work this time and hound him until he resigns. Now that would be a legacy.

He won't be hounded out I am certain of that

He won't be hounded out I am certain of that
Of course not. They will continue to applaud him as Utd freefall down the table. Having an ex- player as a manager is a terrible idea, especially one with a shady management history.

So long as he's under contract he won't resign. We could go down to the championship and he'd continue delude himself with being "so close" and that he believes in himself, all the while the likes of Gary Neville will continue blaming everyone but the manager.

He knows that this will be his only chance at a big job so he's going to milk every second of it. Its easy for him to resign from Cardiff because...well its Cardiff, his name alone would have got him a similar job elsewhere. No chance another big club touches him and he knows it.

The board deserve to pay out due to their stupendous stupidity in extending his contract after his terrible start to the season. Actions lead to consequences. Without consequences they’ll learn nothing. Even with consequences tbh.

We have several players in the squad who are doubtful of what Ole has been trying to do. Make no mistake, this will lead to slipping further down the table. I am sure Ronnie is not happy, neither are Bruno, VdB, Jesse, Eric, Jadon, Pogba. These players cost hundreds of millions. If the Board do not act now, they will lose their investments instead of getting any return.

This is untrue and there are enough examples of managers who resigned as they felt they couldnt get the club where it needed to be. Dont generalise Ole's delusion.

Hardly any manager would do 11 games into the season. There is still most of the season to play and manager would be well within the right to think he can still secure top 4 over the course of the season, which is the target given by the board. Don't support the board's incompetence.

Don't we need a manager for the ladies team? Maybe we can just shift him over to manage them?

Why isn't he sacked yet and Brendan Rodgers is given the job in the hottest of hotseats!?

The Northern Irishman is a tactical genius who Manchester City have already earmarked as the Pep replacement. He's Worked under Mourinho and travelled all over Spain and the World developing his coaching style and tactics. Manchester United should be all over him. Top top manager who has a release clause in his Leicester City contract

I guarantee with Rodgers we will be dominating games and playing some lovely football. He plays with wingers and a variation of 4-4-3 or 4-4-2 the diamond Christmas tree formation.

a better coach than Zidane. And Premier League proven unlike Zidane and Ten Haag who relies on the set up of Ajax.

the reasons above are exactly why the United board won't go for Rodgers. They are accepting mediocrity and don't want to spend money required to get a top manager.

standards on the floor, United in the mood! No longer a serious football club. No wonder Ronaldo wants to leave this shower at the end of the season. I can't blame him!

why did the Glaziers Out protests stop? They was starting to work and gain momentum and traction.. they needed to continue

Last edited:
I agree Ole is not taking the team in right direction when it comes to the style of play or results but another pressing issue flowing under water is --Players like Martial / Mata / Fred / McTominay / Matic / POGBA / Shaw / Lindelof / Baily are either perforning so poorly or not consistent over the years under 2/3 managers . so we need to sort that mess first.

The above players can still be a problem under new manager

I agree Ole is not taking the team in right direction when it comes to the style of play or results but another pressing issue flowing under water is --Players like Martial / Mata / Fred / McTominay / Matic / POGBA / Shaw / Lindelof / Baily are either perforning so poorly or not consistent over the years under 2/3 managers . so we need to sort that mess first.

The above players can still be a problem under new manager
We can throw the manager out and throw the players out under an interim coach. So no worries there.

And your list is weird. Seems like a list of players you want gone or dislike, rather than the ones underperforming.

And we will never throw 8-9 players anytime soon. We are stuck with some of them at least.

Everyone keeps on saying 'with the squad we have'... just because you spend a lot of money on a player doesn't mean he's good.

Our whole midfield has been a joke this season, including Fernandes.

Ronaldo is the only top player at our club at the moment.

Maguire is shocking.
Rashford is the most inconsistent player
Martial sucks
Cavani is injury prone
Sancho can't play in the PL
Fred makes too many mistakes
Pogba has completely lost it
Fernandes since his first season has dropped massively in performance
Greenwood is a prospect.
Shaw has gone back to his own ways

I would get rid of 7 out of the top 10 players and start a rebuild
Yes. It's going to be a horrible realisation for many once Solskjaer is finally gone to see how rotten we really are.

Yes. It's going to be a horrible realisation for many once Solskjaer is finally gone to see how rotten we really are.
Oh I think most of us are well aware of our limitations, Unfortunately Ole is one of them, Ole needs to go and we need a couple of midfielders and a right back.

Despite our limitations we should be doing better in our last 10 games especially in regards to performances.

Yet he's brought in two of the players that always feature in our starting eleven regardless of form(AWB/Maguire) and is happy with Sancho and VDB sat on their arses. On top of that continues to play a Mourinho era midfielder in Fred with another midfielder that likewise can't move the ball in any fashion aside from sideways. If we're rotten well then it's surely up to the manager to mix it up which he's either blind to or incapable of doing.

FFS just resign you don't need that bloody money at all and accept this job has finally overcome you

A totally unrealistic comment and unfair to OGS, would you say the same about SAF? He’s not struggling financially yet still gets £3m a year - should he resign his club Ambassadors role and that little pension top-up? Yes? No?

I bet when Pep leaves City or Klopp Liverpool they will be off the payroll the next day, no matter what they win in the meantime… Why did United tie themselves to their former manager in perpetuity? I just don’t understand it.

The only way I can enjoy any more games whilst he is still in charge is if we have a deal in place for Ten Hag to take over in the summer and I don't mean keep it quiet until the end of the season either. The way I see it if he knows he's going then it wouldn't matter if we announced it when it's sorted much like City did.

He is going to be around for a long time unfortunately. That's what this club is now. Mediocre coaching but world class players.

He never seems to notice or know when players aren’t playing well. I think this is why players like VDB struggle to get into the side. It would rely on the manager being aware that players are under performing, but he gives zero indication he is.

When he ran Fernandes into the ground he never rested him when his performances went south. Rashford was walking around the pitch, maybe due to injury, played 90 minutes week after week after week after week.

The only reason he suddenly switched up the formation is because he suddenly feared for his job and not because he noticed anything wrong much less identified a solution. I genuinely don’t think he notices poor performances, maybe he can’t. Even his substitutions suggests they’re made by someone who hasn’t watched the first 80 minutes of the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.