Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is going to be around for a long time unfortunately. That's what this club is now. Mediocre coaching but world class players.

Yup, nothing more than that. If an incompetent manager can get us 2nd and then sign 3 WC players, imagine what a proper coach who knows how to improve players and play the right players can do with this team.

If he does a Keegan he'll be a much bigger legend in my eyes. The legend who wants the best for the club and not himself.

He is going to be around for a long time unfortunately. That's what this club is now. Mediocre coaching but world class players.

he's in the dressers now rubbing Freds calfs telling him to get ready for the big match on Saturday!
Mc Tom is standing in line with a new tube of deep heat waiting for his turn!

he's in the dressers now rubbing Freds calfs telling him to get ready for the big match on Saturday!
Mc Tom is standing in line with a new tube of deep heat waiting for his turn!

It's tiger balm in the hole they want, might just have the same affect as lighting a fire under their arse.

The players are listed. You think Dalot wouldn't rather be playing for AC Milan, for example?
I think he would be if the Italians put their hand in their pockets instead of penny pinching like always.

Dalot not playing is a good thing, let's have it right.

This is all just Van De Beek isn’t it :lol:

Feck me it’s like we’ve held back peak R9

De beek should be pissed off, he got less than 5 starts in one and half seasons in PL.

Martial, Lingard for plenty of chances.

He never seems to notice or know when players aren’t playing well. I think this is why players like VDB struggle to get into the side. It would rely on the manager being aware that players are under performing, but he gives zero indication he is.

When he ran Fernandes into the ground he never rested him when his performances went south. Rashford was walking around the pitch, maybe due to injury, played 90 minutes week after week after week after week.

The only reason he suddenly switched up the formation is because he suddenly feared for his job and not because he noticed anything wrong much less identified a solution. I genuinely don’t think he notices poor performances, maybe he can’t. Even his substitutions suggests they’re made by someone who hasn’t watched the first 80 minutes of the match.

Yeah then Varane came back too soon as well, whether or not that was his choice we will never know of course

De beek should be pissed off, he got less than 5 starts in one and half seasons in PL.

Martial, Lingard for plenty of chances.

I agree with Van De Beek. How little he has been used is ridiculous, especially when you consider Van De Beek has done quite well when he has played and Fred / McTominay have been dreadful this season.

He needs to give Donny five or six starts in a row then we can judge whether he should play more or not (I think we would see a very good player)

Reactions: roonster09
I agree with Van De Beek. How little he has been used is ridiculous, especially when you consider Van De Beek has done quite well when he has played and Fred / McTominay have been dreadful this season.

He needs to give Donny five or six starts in a row then we can judge whether he should play more or not (I think we would see a very good player)

Donny should be like "oh so now you want to play me then when under pressure"

I think he would be if the Italians put their hand in their pockets instead of penny pinching like always.

Dalot not playing is a good thing, let's have it right.

So he's not good enough to play but we should be able to charge a pretty penny? Why tell him to stick around if he's not going to play? And he's not even the worst example...

This is definitely an issue whether it is due to Ole's or the club decision. Why are we hoarding players that we don't use? Whether they are 'usable' or not is moot, but if you don't use them, why not let them leave and get in players that we actually will need?

Bailly, Lingard, Dalot, VDB, Telles, Mata, Henderson.
They are all a bit meh or past it. Let's be honest, if your Ole and trying to turn around our form you don't start those players aside from when we've had injuries where I agree players like Maguire have been rushed back.

Bailly > For every decent performance he has 4 where he's shocking, made of glass
Lingard > Does not turn up for United, should have gone to West Ham
Dalot > Is not a professional footballer imo
VDB > Hasn't exactly set the world alight, doesn't defensively improve the pivot as we saw when he came on against City but does have an argument to get more minutes, new manager may make the most of him
Telles > Awful signing imo
Mata > Love him, past it
Henderson > De Gea is having a stormer this season and is a better player when in form

I would move every single one of them on with the exception of DVB and Henderson. But neither of those would have gotten that much more game time if I were manager. That's not a defence of Ole as I want a new manager, just not really interested in hearing this lot moan about playing time when on the whole they have been shite for us and like Ole I wouldn't expect them to improve the issues we've had this season. Many will disagree out of nothing more than wanting to bash Ole but hey ho, that's my honest appraisal of that group.

So if this is the case then why in gods name aren't these fringe players kicking up more of a fuss about him still being in charge then

I always found that really odd. Ok LvG and Jose hinted that the footballing side is not where it should be for a club like this, but you rarely hear ex players or fringe players criticise Ole and his staff. NDA maybe?

So he's not good enough to play but we should be able to charge a pretty penny? Why tell him to stick around if he's not going to play? And he's not even the worst example...
We have to try and recoup something and sign a replacement though don't we. What did the Italians offer, a scruffy fiver and a Casio wrist watch no doubt.

Yeah he is definitely done at this club IF Ole survives past January which is sad to see

I know there’s been so many false dawns already but I definitely think he’s gone after the Chelsea game where I feel we’ll get embarrassed yet again. Donny will outlast Ole I’m sure, as hard as it is to imagine at the moment.

They are all a bit meh or past it. Let's be honest, if your Ole and trying to turn around our form you don't start those players aside from when we've had injuries where I agree players like Maguire have been rushed back.

Bailly > For every decent performance he has 4 where he's shocking, made of glass
VDB > Hasn't exactly set the world alight, doesn't defensively improve the pivot as we saw when he came on against City but does have an argument to get more minutes, new manager may make the most of him
Mata > Love him, past it
Henderson > De Gea is having a stormer this season and is a better player when in form

I would move every single one of them on with the exception of DVB and Henderson. But neither of those would have gotten that much more game time if I were manager. That's not a defence of Ole as I want a new manager, just not really interested in hearing this lot moan about playing time when on the whole they have been shite for us and like Ole I wouldn't expect them to improve the issues we've had this season. Many will disagree out of nothing more than wanting to bash Ole but hey ho, that's my honest appraisal of that group.

What if after Ole leaves the players you mention when coached properly turn out to be as good as most of think they could be? I think they are just under achieving solely due to the terrible coaching and tactics Ole and his team use.

Abysmal squad management and abysmal man management like we already knew.

It's not that he hasn't played Martial or Lingard or Mata or Bailly... that's not the problem.

It's that he offered them all new contracts and made them all promises of game time that he had no intention of fulfilling. Pissing away the clubs money and overloading the squad with players he doesn't trust.

I know there’s been so many false dawns already but I definitely think he’s gone after the Chelsea game where I feel we’ll get embarrassed yet again. Donny will outlast Ole I’m sure, as hard as it is to imagine at the moment.

Yeah very hard to imagine when you listen to Utd journos especially Whitwell whereas Ducker has at least opened the door slightly

It's not that he hasn't played Martial or Lingard or Mata or Bailly... that's not the problem.

It's that he offered them all new contracts and made them all promises of game time that he had no intention of fulfilling. Pissing away the clubs money and overloading the squad with players he doesn't trust.

I cant see the point in keeping players who he knows he wont be playing. Its just wasting money and ruining the players careers. Dont fancy a player but hes scared to let them go incase they do well and prove him to be the useless schmuck that he is?

I still have no idea why we kept Mata, even more baffling that we offered Lingard a new contract and then another one after he turned the first down :lol:

What if after Ole leaves the players you mention when coached properly turn out to be as good as most of think they could be? I think they are just under achieving solely due to the terrible coaching and tactics Ole and his team use.
How good do you think they are? Again out of that list the only two that have really something to offer are arguably DVB and Henderson.

I agree that all players will improve with better coaching and a clear approach but to be honest I think a lot of these have let us down time and again, we have to put some blame on the players as well.

Mata > Love him, past it

This post makes no sense when you consider this summer we could have got prime transfer fees for “past it or not good enough players” like Lingard who just had a great loan at West Ham, or Henderson who no doubt has a lot of suitors after his stint at Sheffield. VDB who was wanted by Everton but Ole blocked it personally. Also why offer new contracts to the likes of Mata when yes he’s too old and never going to play, sorry but it’s just piss poor squad and man management from Ole who has made the choices to keep them and they’ve agreed to stay. I’m not one to believe in players being promised game time, but come on give players a chance, even Fergie did that, and there’s no excuse not to especially when you are rushing players back from injury like Ole is

So I guess end of November is our next hope that he gets sacked? Might be too late anyway. Watford we should win regardless, but then away to Villareal and away to Chelsea could easily be a couple of losses by more than a goal. We might feck ourselves over too, as if we lose to Villareal 1-0 or by 2 goals, then CL progression is out of our hands on the final day. Can't believe Ole is getting more games though. Craziness.

This post makes no sense when you consider this summer we could have got prime transfer fees for “past it or not good enough players” like Lingard who just had a great loan at West Ham, or Henderson who no doubt has a lot of suitors after his stint at Sheffield. VDB who was wanted by Everton but Ole blocked it personally. Also why offer new contracts to the likes of Mata when yes he’s too old and never going to play, sorry but it’s just piss poor squad and man management from Ole who has made the choices to keep them and they’ve agreed to stay. I’m not one to believe in players being promised game time, but come on give players a chance, even Fergie did that, and there’s no excuse not to especially when you are rushing players back from injury like Ole is
I've given you my opinion on the players, I can't tell you why we've given them new contracts.

I assume, like many, that it's to 'preserve' a value on the players before looking to move them on, but the club are inept at transfer sales and we have a bloated squad.

That said I don't think Lingard wanted to move to West Ham, I think that's obvious really. I don't blame him. Henderson we shouldn't be looking to sell particularly after losing a very good backup keeper in Romero. It's obvious that we would want to retain him as De Gea's ultimate replacement. Clubs bidding for the likes of Dalot weren't offering enough.

It's a mix of things but ultimately we have a bloated squad and the players listed as 'unhappy' are mostly players who we should be looking to move on, so I'm not surprised they aren't starting many games.

Maguire and Varane clearly came back way too early.
The Lingard situation is the most incomprehensible one. Could easily have got £15-20m for him in the summer, but wants to keep him (presumably so he can play him, although who the feck knows at this point) and then gives him about 10 minutes in the first 11 games combined.
£120m of Sancho and VDB not playing, Rashford playing when he'd been ill during the week and not trained.
Its borderline criminal mismanagement. How he is still in a job I don't know, we are run by people who have shoe sizes larger than their IQ clearly.

How good do you think they are? Again out of that list the only two that have really something to offer are arguably DVB and Henderson.

I agree that all players will improve with better coaching and a clear approach but to be honest I think a lot of these have let us down time and again, we have to put some blame on the players as well.

I think they are far better than they are currently showing. Maybe its time to admit that the players are better than the coaching of this team is showing.
I see it as a coaching issue rather than those players not being good enough.

Lingard played so well for West ham last season (9 goals in 11 I think he had) so he should have been starting on the LW this season as Rashford and Martial were out but, Ole starts Sancho (even though he was bought in to play RW) on the left and then is surprised why he isnt playing that well, ahead of a player who knows the league, was in form and had a good end to the season. That makes absolutely no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.