Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of wishful thinking going on in this thread in terms of Ole resigning.

If he doesn't want to resign, you can't force him to resign.

Exactly.

He's got a legally binding contract and is entitled to a payoff if he so choose. It's the bleeding law ffs.

So many cry babies on here who can't get this.

It's the job of the club to sack him and let him go. Heck he's probably even thought it was coming off camera. Bet he's amazed he's still got it.

Anyone know where any threads are just prior to when Jose got sacked. I think it would be surprising to see who is saying Ole is entitled to the payoff vs who said Jose isn't.

Anyone know where any threads are just prior to when Jose got sacked. I think it would be surprising to see who is saying Ole is entitled to the payoff vs who said Jose isn't.

I don't think anyone is saying Solskjaer isn't entitled to the payoff. If he's sacked, there's no problem with him getting it.

I think some of us thought - or expected - that he'll be different. Because, you know, that's how the whole Solskjaer PR crap branded him.

End of the day, he's just another coach clinging on to a job or to money, focusing on himself. His history with United is irrelevent.

I don't think anyone is saying Solskjaer isn't entitled to the payoff. If he's sacked, there's no problem with him getting it.

I think some of us thought - or expected - that he'll be different. Because, you know, that's how the whole Solskjaer PR crap branded him.

End of the day, he's just another coach clinging on to a job or to money, focusing on himself. His history with United is irrelevent.
You're right.

The bottom line is, he is right to not resign and wait for his payoff, there is 0 wrong with that.

However the notion that he is some guy that loves United more than he loves himself, and he has United's best interest at heart is completely false. He doesnt deserve that credit or romance, he isnt much different to our previous failed managers. And that was exactly why the blindly loyal ones wanted to keep him despite he showed time and time again that he isnt good enough.

You're right.

The bottom line is, he is right to not resign and wait for his payoff, there is 0 wrong with that.

However the notion that he is some guy that loves United more than he loves himself, and he has United's best interest at heart is completely false. He doesnt deserve that credit or romance, he isnt much different to our previous failed managers. And that was exactly why the blindly loyal ones wanted to keep him despite he showed time and time again that he isnt good enough.

Agreed.

Disagree.
The fact that this kind of behaviour is standard in our society, at least amongst our politicians and 'wealth creators', does not make it anywhere near morally acceptable. This kind of greed and selfishness has fecked our society and the planet on which we live. Enough already.

I'm not sure we've been in this position before where the non-united media and former players of rival clubs are getting frustrated and willing the board to make the right call and change the manager, saying that this isn't up to the standards of Man Utd.
I honestly think it doesn't sit well with ABU's when we do this badly. There's nothing to hate on if you think about it. Whenever we're this terrible they genuinely hate it.

I honestly think it doesn't sit well with ABU's when we do this badly. There's nothing to hate on if you think about it. Whenever we're this terrible they genuinely hate it.
We've been there with Arsenal, but they've been worse, for longer. The Liverpool and Man City results we've had in the last few weeks have been the norm for them for the at least the last 5 years.

Disagree.
The fact that this kind of behaviour is standard in our society, at least amongst our politicians and 'wealth creators', does not make it anywhere near morally acceptable. This kind of greed and selfishness has fecked our society and the planet on which we live. Enough already.
The club was stupid enough to offer him a contract. Of course Ole is entitled to expect a payoff if the club decides to terminate said contract.

As I thought. Just angry and no substance.

Ole has a legal right to a pay off. He has a legal binding contract. Nobody can be belittled for wanting a a pay off. That's how it works in the real world.

Ole being up to the job is now no longer a debate. He's lost the players and the fans. Time to turn your anger on the real problem at the club. The parasites.
Ah finally. You don’t fancy us for league titles and European cups under ole anymore then?

Anyone still in firmly in the #Olein camp? Its a minority opinion i'm sure, but curious as to your thoughts.

Anyone still in firmly in the #Olein camp? Its a minority opinion i'm sure, but curious as to your thoughts.

Yeah, me. I was OleOut all along, but I changed my mind. I figure, if we keep Ole for another three years, it will be enough to get us relegated to League Two, and then the Glazers will really have to sell.

I just hope that Gary Neville doesn't buy the club though.

Disagree.

I know what you are saying, but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Doesn't mean that's I'm accepting it as if it's nothing. Like someone wrote a couple of pages ago - Solskjaer has a choice between money and legend. He can't have both*.

* Assuming, of course, it is about the money. I think he's more deluded and clinging to the only top job he'll ever have.

Ok can Ole reinvent himself, if he is staying to the end of the season. I think he can make some immediate improvements.

- Play non-injured/unfit players, even resorting to our youth if necessary. For instance, rope Elanga in for Rashford the last game.

- Stick to the formation which allows us to maximise the attacking players we already have, even if we lose badly sometimes.

- Play on one of McFred (or neither) paired with Donny/Matic all the time. Ole needs to realise that teams know that our central midfield area (when pressed) is a blackhole right now. They know United will bypass it and go through our flanks. This makes us predictable. If we have control in CM, we won't need to have McFred scrambling (what they are good at) as often.

The main problem is not Ole, he bought the club finished 2nd last season.

But the board made some funny move like signing some players he didn't want.
Ole finished 2nd with all great young players, now board give him 36 years old striker who want 90 minutes football otherwise will show his face on and off the field.

All the football pundits knows Ronaldo wasn't right for Man Utd or EPL, only CR7 fans do not think so. Yes, he was once a GOAT but showing his frustration on the field, nearly got red card against lfc or man city, thanks to his frame name both should be red if other players did the same thing.

Fan keep making Ronaldo feel that he is saving the club, only Ole feel hurt with his non pressing, non defending non teamwork, non hardworking, just like to set his scoring record attitude.

Yes, people keep arguing, you buy Ronaldo not to defend or pressing, you buy him for scoring. If so, he wasn't right for Man Utd, which Ole prefer young strikers work together non stop for the team.

Board to blame not Ole, Ronaldo is Ronaldo, he won't change, and he won't change for Ole too.

Some people here are Ole fans more than United fans. That is why they try to defend him so much. Yes he should not walk away but this crap he puts out about how he cares for the club etc is pure moonshine. He could always settle it with the club for walking away. That way he does not spoil his legacy and the club does not have to sack him. he gets some money for walking away.

He's not responsible for sacking himself

Shall we blane him for world famine and covid too?

He's failed as manager. It's the club's job to relieve him off his duties not himself.

Grow up and get in the real world.
If he cares for the club as club legend, he should resign by now. Its the only decent thing to do at this point, if he wants to protect his legendary status. Truth is, he is dragging us down and everyone knows that, including his mum and his dog.

But if he cares more on how much he earns here, then sure, perhaps it’s doesn’t matter whether he is dragging us down or not, it’s up to the club to sack him. He will just be another Moyes, LVG or Mourinho, a failed experiment which would detriment the club for years, and won’t be welcomed by Old Trafford.

Really reaching with this.
He had a legal binding contract. You can't expect the man to walk away from his deal. Jesus Christ.

BLame the morons for giving him a new deal and then now not sacking him. Ole is perfectly fine to honour his side of the deal.

Cant believe some folk on here. You'd blame him for world hunger too.

He's literally just doing his job even if he's not doing it very well. He's not losing on purpose.
I don't think we should expect any manager to resign but it basically puts to bed this whole romantic doing the club a service/club before self nonsense that people often cite in Ole's case. He's like every other manager looking after his own job, payout and reputation. It's why he won't resign and he keeps coming out with daft statements to appease fans (somethings got to give/we will play attacking footy/constant references to past glories).

Believe it or not there are some fans here in Indonesia who are still firmly Ole in, due to their misguided perception that fans from Greater Manchester are Ole in no matter what. I follow a good few of them on Twitter and all they've been doing as of late is pick fights with other Indonesian fans they deem to be glory-hunting plastics. Their latest nonsense is how Moyes' current good run with West Ham is a legitimate reason as to why we all need to be patient with the process and stick with Ole, and that our fanbase were ultimately at fault for Moyes' sacking seven years ago, who they believe was not given enough time to prove himself due to fan pressure. The other day one of their ringleaders even posted a video of himself singing that cursed 'come on David Moyes' chant in an effort to prove whatever bullshit point he was trying to make.

It's delusional thinking at best and a pointless exercise of trying to show the world that they're better fans than others at worst. It's their way of supporting the club, sure, but they don't have the club's best interests at heart.

I don't think we should expect any manager to resign but it basically puts to bed this whole romantic doing the club a service/club before self nonsense that people often cite in Ole's case. He's like every other manager looking after his own job, payout and reputation. It's why he won't resign and he keeps coming out with daft statements to appease fans (somethings got to give/we will play attacking footy/constant references to past glories).

Every single manager in this situation will think that they're doing their best to turn around the situation. They all think the turnaround is just a win away and the team can climb from there, it's how they're programmed to think. I'm pretty sure Ole is giving 100% from his side to turn the form around. Just that it isn't good enough in this league with the current situation. It's on the board to realise we're going no where and let him go.

Believe it or not there are some fans here in Indonesia who are still firmly Ole in, due to their misguided perception that fans from Greater Manchester are Ole in no matter what. I follow a good few of them on Twitter and all they've been doing as of late is pick fights with other Indonesian fans they deem to be glory-hunting plastics. Their latest nonsense is how Moyes' current good run with West Ham is a legitimate reason as to why we all need to be patient with the process and stick with Ole, and that our fanbase were ultimately at fault for Moyes' sacking seven years ago, who they believe was not given enough time to prove himself due to fan pressure. The other day one of their ringleaders even posted a video of himself singing that cursed 'come on David Moyes' chant in an effort to prove whatever bullshit point he was trying to make.

It's delusional thinking at best and a pointless exercise of trying to show the world that they're better fans than others at worst. It's their way of supporting the club, sure, but they don't have the club's best interests at heart.
Maybe with all these fanatics and cultist we should create a new religion for them. Ole religion where every day they can worship their God and Ole can never do wrong in their eyes. I dont know why they persist in their support with him. Its not like they know Ole personally so this persistence is baffling

Is there any manager today who resigns and leaves behind 7 or 20 million in compensation?

And if there is, would you really want to have such a person as the manager of the team you support? Idealism is great, but to be a manager you have to be a realist.

And leave the money to whom? To the Glazers? Are the Glazers desperate for 7 or 20 million?

I don't think that the problem here is the compensation. I'd guess that the Glazers do not want to sack Ole because SAF still supports Ole. It is that simple.

Last edited:
Every single manager in this situation will think that they're doing their best to turn around the situation. They all think the turnaround is just a win away and the team can climb from there, it's how they're programmed to think. I'm pretty sure Ole is giving 100% from his side to turn the form around. Just that it isn't good enough in this league with the current situation. It's on the board to realise we're going no where and let him go.

Exactly.

I don't think you go and become a manager if you don't have elements of self belief even if that belief is delusion.

He is not going to give up his job, he believes he can turn it around even if 98% of the fans can't- the money is just making that decision even easier for him to make.

He will be there until he is deemed worthless by the people who gave him the job in the first place, not the people that sit their and watch his work.

Season 1. You tinker with the squad and identify your strengths and weaknesses. You might need to accept that you cannot play the system you want because of the players you have. You can still play a slightly more defensive version of your prefered system and start coaching the principles of style.

Season 2. Recruit a couple of key positions and adopt your prefered system and playing style.

Season 3. Recruit a few more and the team improves and are now clicking in you system.

Season 4. Get even better

This is what the best coaches do. They don't play counter attack for 3 seasons and then switch to a pressing style in season 4. Ole was a good player but he is a poor coach/manager. I want Ole to retire from management and do something else, Media, DoF, whatever....just accept his limitations and move on.

Like any mercernary he won't walk away from guaranteed money, he'll just keep collecting his wages till he's sacked and gets a big payoff.

Solksjaer is a mercenary now?
I mean, they're all mercs both players and coaches alike. I'm told Ole is different and cares, I don't excpect him to care but if he did care then he would walk. I understand though, why leave money on the table when it can secure your family's future even more?

I mean, they're all mercs both players and coaches alike. I'm told Ole is different and cares, I don't excpect him to care but if he did care then he would walk. I understand though, why leave money on the table when it can secure your family's future even more?
To your last point, exactly, why would anyone do that? That's life securing money. Most of us could retire on that money so why would Ole leave it behind. We all want him gone but the board will have to grow a pair and do the deed. Let's hope they do sooner or later and put us all out of our misery.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Apparently he's gone on holiday so he doesn't have to play Sancho and DVB in the training matches. 3D chess

To your last point, exactly, why would anyone do that? That's life securing money. Most of us could retire on that money so why would Ole leave it behind. We all want him gone but the board will have to grow a pair and do the deed. Let's hope they do sooner or later and put us all out of our misery.

He's earned life securing money already from the club? And his one & only selling point was that he "cared about the club" - turns out it's all a lie now.

Professional football is full of money grabbing selfish parasites and Ole is no different. He will stay until he gets his money. That's all he cares about!

Professional football is full of money grabbing selfish parasites and Ole is no different. He will stay until he gets his money. That's all he cares about!

Would you care more about your job than your ability to feed your son and wife properly?

I'm sure you care about your money and your family too - even though I think part of the reason he is here is because he believes he can make a change even if its deluded at best.

Would you care more about your job than your ability to feed your son and wife properly?

I'm sure you care about your money and your family too - even though I think part of the reason he is here is because he believes he can make a change even if its deluded at best.
You don't need £20 million to feed your sons and wife. He has failed to deliver what he promised. He could have some dignity and walk away with a smaller pay out. I am sure his family could squeek by with a £5 million payout on top of the money he has earned already.

Last edited:

While I don't bemoan him wanting his pay off, ultimately he was given a contract with that being one of the entitlements. The argument of feeding his family is silly.

It's a massive amount of money to your or I but I'm sure be already has X millions in the bank and will make more off having managed Manchester United, imagine his media income post management and a potential book deal. If he really did have the club's best at heart, he could and probably would walk away.

That being said, I won't personally abuse him for not doing that when the club waste so much money on other endeavours and dividends to the Glazers!

Status
Not open for further replies.