Ole Gunnar Solskjær | 2021/22 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he cares for the club as club legend, he should resign by now. Its the only decent thing to do at this point, if he wants to protect his legendary status. Truth is, he is dragging us down and everyone knows that, including his mum and his dog.

But if he cares more on how much he earns here, then sure, perhaps it’s doesn’t matter whether he is dragging us down or not, it’s up to the club to sack him. He will just be another Moyes, LVG or Mourinho, a failed experiment which would detriment the club for years, and won’t be welcomed by Old Trafford.

I think it's too late now, he should've stepped down after the Liverpool game, if he cared for the club, but it's clear he does care only for himself here.

He’s never going to resign and nor should he. That’s the boards job to fire him and pay him what he’s owed.

You don't need £20 million to feed your sons and wife. He has failed to deliver what he promised. He could have some dignity and walk away with a smaller pay out. I am sure his family could squeek by with a £5 million payout on top of the money he has earned already.
While I don't bemoan him wanting his pay off, ultimately he was given a contract with that being one of the entitlements. The argument of feeding his family is silly.

It's a massive amount of money to your or I but I'm sure be already has X millions in the bank and will make more off having managed Manchester United, imagine his media income post management and a potential book deal. If he really did have the club's best at heart, he could and probably would walk away.

That being said, I won't personally abuse him for not doing that when the club waste so much money on other endeavours and dividends to the Glazers!

No but ultimately everyone here is saying that Ole will never ever get a Premier League job again right?

In his mind he is either going to want to try change that by improving his performances whilst he still has the job - or if this is the best job he will ever ever get, he might aswell wait for all its benefits because boy it won't be coming from his other jobs.

People say that he won't get another PL level Job, both the job and the level of money is never entering Ole's mind or pocket again.

Not seeing why he should just walk out of it because he loves United. He loves it enough to think he can change it.

No but ultimately everyone here is saying that Ole will never ever get a Premier League job again right?

In his mind he is either going to want to try change that by improving his performances whilst he still has the job - or if this is the best job he will ever ever get, he might aswell wait for all its benefits because boy it won't be coming from his other jobs.

People say that he won't get another PL level Job, both the job and the level of money is never entering Ole's mind or pocket again.

Not seeing why he should just walk out of it because he loves United. He loves it enough to think he can change it.

You have replied to my post but guessing to haven't actually read it given your reply.

OK. Let's all respect Ole's contract then since that is the most important thing. Give him the full 3 years . He cannot perform any worse than he is right now, or can he? The club has spent alot of money and they probably don't want to spunk another £50 million to get a new manager. That money could be used to buy a decent DM in January.

Jose wanted out and he got himself sacked. I guess Ole doesn't want to do that. Maybe he is delusional to think he is a top class coach.

OK. Let's all respect Ole's contract then since that is the most important thing. Give him the full 3 years . He cannot perform any worse than he is right now, or can he? The club has spent alot of money and they probably don't want to spunk another £50 million to get a new manager. That money could be used to buy a decent DM in January.

I guess the issue is that we may fail to qualify for CL is things do not improve. Then we lose more money being out of the CL. By the way how is Buriram United doing? Are they still on top of the league?

I guess the issue is that we may fail to qualify for CL is things do not improve. Then we lose more money being out of the CL. By the way how is Buriram United doing? Are they still on top of the league?
Yes they are. I have been to Thunder Castle a few times to watch them. There is a MacDonalds there too which is a rarity in Isaan and a nice break from rice.

Yes they are. I have been to Thunder Castle a few times to watch them. There is a MacDonalds there too which is a rarity in Isaan and a nice break from rice.

they have been really good for a long time. I guess you got fed up of eating the Pra ra. :D

Again, making it about HIM, what he needs and not what's right for the club.

Which goes to show how the entire 'he's a United man, he's different' has been utter nonsense.

Again, making it about HIM, what he needs and not what's right for the club.

Which goes to show how the entire 'he's a United man, he's different' has been utter nonsense.

I mean okay - just that we can't complain about how our club should be more like Chelsea and hire new managers every 18 months but wait for the manager to walk out of their job.

As obvious it is - the reason we are always crap is because of the Glazers and every situation requires us knocking at their door for them to make a decision.

Is Ole destroying young talents career? Telles, Sancho DVB were getting game time in their old clubs and were great prospects for their country. They join Man Utd under Ole and now not getting any game time. They have also lost their position in their national teams.

Is Ole destroying young talents career? Telles, Sancho DVB were getting game time in their old clubs and were great prospects for their country. They join Man Utd under Ole and now not getting any game time. They have also lost their position in their national teams.

He's destroying them alright but Telles isn't a youngster, mate. He's 28 years old.

FFS just resign you don't need that bloody money at all and accept this job has finally overcome you

Every single manager in this situation will think that they're doing their best to turn around the situation. They all think the turnaround is just a win away and the team can climb from there, it's how they're programmed to think. I'm pretty sure Ole is giving 100% from his side to turn the form around. Just that it isn't good enough in this league with the current situation. It's on the board to realise we're going no where and let him go.
This is untrue and there are enough examples of managers who resigned as they felt they couldnt get the club where it needed to be. Dont generalise Ole's delusion.

Gave himself a week of to go on holiday instead of trying to figure out how to beat a low block (hasn’t been able to figure that one out for the last 3 years) or figure out what his style of play is or even guess what his best 11 is. Well done Ole, your legend status gets diminished game by game but what a smile you have.

Gave himself a week of to go on holiday instead of trying to figure out how to beat a low block (hasn’t been able to figure that one out for the last 3 years) or figure out what his style of play is or even guess what his best 11 is. Well done Ole, your legend status gets diminished game by game but what a smile you have.

I wonder if at this point he’s just given up and is waiting for it to end.

Or maybe he just believes a holiday would do him good and he’ll come back refreshed with new ideas, I don’t know.

I wonder if at this point he’s just given up and is waiting for it to end.

Or maybe he just believes a holiday would do him good and he’ll come back refreshed with new ideas, I don’t know.

Maybe he’s sitting on holiday writing out his resignation letter?

This is untrue and there are enough examples of managers who resigned as they felt they couldnt get the club where it needed to be. Dont generalise Ole's delusion.
This./

The whole, ‘Ole loves the club’ may be right but it’s rather obvious he doesn’t place the club’s priorities above his own.

This./

The whole, ‘Ole loves the club’ may be right but it’s rather obvious he doesn’t place the club’s priorities above his own.
Certainly. But it also shouldn't be a stick to beat him over the head with. When it comes to money and business it's better to assume no sympathies.

You only have to look back at the Rock of Gibraltar episode with Sir Alex Ferguson as an example. Would it have been in the clubs interest for SAF to drop his case which wound up opening up the finance book at United? Yes, might even have prevented the sale of the club to the Glazers in the first place. But to most, money is money and it can be a deafening distraction from whatever that person might genuinely care for.

This./

Or maybe he feels he can sort it all out?

Footballers/managers tend to be a very confident bunch.

Oh I can fully understand why he wouldn’t leave, it’s not even the unshakable self confidence the best have. The man knows he’s never getting an opportunity like this again so I don’t expect him to leave but the notion he “can’t” leave is one he’s peddling because he won’t leave. “We’ve come too far”, no one believes that.

Everyone keeps on saying 'with the squad we have'... just because you spend a lot of money on a player doesn't mean he's good.

Our whole midfield has been a joke this season, including Fernandes.

Ronaldo is the only top player at our club at the moment.

Maguire is shocking.
Rashford is the most inconsistent player
Martial sucks
Cavani is injury prone
Sancho can't play in the PL
Fred makes too many mistakes
Pogba has completely lost it
Fernandes since his first season has dropped massively in performance
Greenwood is a prospect.
Shaw has gone back to his own ways

I would get rid of 7 out of the top 10 players and start a rebuild

What a joke of a post.

They're all shocking and full of mistakes because of this manager.

Besides, half of those are Ole pics or players he himself backed.

Oh I can fully understand why he wouldn’t leave, it’s not even the unshakable self confidence the best have. The man knows he’s never getting an opportunity like this again so I don’t expect him to leave but the notion he “can’t” leave is one he’s peddling because he won’t leave. “We’ve come too far”, no one believes that.

You have to put yourself in his shoes. He's invested three years of life into this. Obviously feels he hasn't achieved what he wants yet. On top of that he's a very confident man and a real optimist. I'd guess he really does believe "we've come too far."

To me it’s not a case of putting himself ahead of the team. I reckon he feels he's the man to turn it around. That's the mindset of most high level sports people.

You have to put yourself in his shoes. He's invested three years of life into this. Obviously feels he hasn't achieved what he wants yet. On top of that he's a very confident man and a real optimist. I'd guess he really does believe "we've come too far."

To me it’s not a case of putting himself ahead of the team. I reckon he feels he's the man to turn it around. That's the mindset of most high level sports people.
All fair points, I guess we’ll never know his exact thoughts.

We can all be optimists to a point but there comes a point that self confidence needs to be backed up. It’s all about how we chose to read things I suppose. He reads very arrogant to me for someone that’s done nothing of note in the English game.

All fair points, I guess we’ll never know his exact thoughts.

We can all be optimists to a point but there comes a point that self confidence needs to be backed up. It’s all about how we chose to read things I suppose. He reads very arrogant to me for someone that’s done nothing of note in the English game.

Yeah I generally like his optimism but it's starting to feel a bit delusional or desperate now. His optimism is him clinging on. That's how it seems anyway.

Yeah I generally like his optimism but it's starting to feel a bit delusional or desperate now. His optimism is him clinging on. That's how it seems anyway.
Yea mate, he comes across as a man talking the talk but nothing backs it up on the pitch. Genuinely think it’s part of the reason rival fans are revelling in the ‘Ole’s at the wheel’ crap, most rival fans I know are happy cause United are failing but take particular joy in OgS being proven to be sh*t.

And I can understand that for the most part, like the last couple of years or the start of this season.

But to think you can not just turn it around, but go up a level to a title-winning team, after being schooled like that against Liverpool and City... That wouldn't be confidence. It would be delusion.

And I can understand that for the most part, like the last couple of years or the start of this season.

But to think you can not just turn it around, but go up a level to a title-winning team, after being schooled like that against Liverpool and City... That wouldn't be confidence. It would be delusion.

Agree but this is how a lot of them are.

Lingard probably thought he could get into the starting XI at beginning of season.

Evander Holyfield probably feels he could still win a belt.

Sports people aren't always tethered to reality.

I wish Ole had won the europa and sailed off. Would have been a nice ending.

I feel terribly for Ole. Seems like the entire footballing world is having a go at him and his ability. Let this poor man go already regardless of what he may want. Throw in the towel already.

I know what you are saying, but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Doesn't mean that's I'm accepting it as if it's nothing. Like someone wrote a couple of pages ago - Solskjaer has a choice between money and legend. He can't have both*.

* Assuming, of course, it is about the money. I think he's more deluded and clinging to the only top job he'll ever have.
Yeh, fair point.

I know what you are saying, but unfortunately that's the way it is.

Doesn't mean that's I'm accepting it as if it's nothing. Like someone wrote a couple of pages ago - Solskjaer has a choice between money and legend. He can't have both*.

* Assuming, of course, it is about the money. I think he's more deluded and clinging to the only top job he'll ever have.

Yeh, fair point. And I think we're agreed on the delusion!

Status
Not open for further replies.