Music Oasis reuniting for tour in 2025?

I'm embarrassed I used to like Oasis and saw them at the Manchester Academy at some point in the mid-90s. Think they were touring their first album perhaps. To be fair at that point the buzz around Oasis was huge in the city, even before they released their first album. But they spilled over very quickly into dad rock and by the time of the second album almost everyone I knew pretended they never liked them.

I've always found the dad rock term to be pretty daft. Almost like there's two categories of music. Music that appeals to anybody under 20/25, and then music 'for people above that age'. Just seems stupid to put music in those boxes. Music is music and can be listened to by anybody.

wonder will they add more dates once they all sell out. Its going to be very hard to get tickets

I've always found the dad rock term to be pretty daft. Almost like there's two categories of music. Music that appeals to anybody under 20/25, and then music 'for people above that age'. Just seems stupid to put music in those boxes. Music is music and can be listened to by anybody.

Once you start finding yourself enjoying Genesis. That's when you've hit the dad rock phase.

Different music appeals to different people. And young people will often create and listen to music that is, in part, about pushing back against what their parent's generation listened to. This will often result in music thats difficult for many older people to access. I don't think this point is even contentious, the history of music is filled with examples.

wonder will they add more dates once they all sell out. Its going to be very hard to get tickets

They've basically booked weekends so far (some Friday/Saturday, some Saturday/Sunday). There's plenty of room for additional dates, and they may well do a second UK/Ireland leg if they can survive the rest of the world tour without killing each other.

I can't think of many other 90's bands who's music gets played on the radio, shops, pubs, by other bands etc. as them, so regardless of opinion of them, to say they're no longer relevant or were only famous for 10 minutes seems strange.

I'd love to go to the Croke Park gig, but I assume tickets will be impossible to get.

They've basically booked weekends so far (some Friday/Saturday, some Saturday/Sunday). There's plenty of room for additional dates, and they may well do a second UK/Ireland leg if they can survive the rest of the world tour without killing each other.

That’s the most interesting bit in all of this, isn’t it? This is obviously a post divorce cash grab by Noel. Hoping he can tolerate his brother long enough to earn a shit load of money. It’s gonna be fun seeing how long that lasts.

Sounds cheap to be honest. AC/DC in Belgium was €160 two weeks ago (festival site like Heaton Park). Although Rammstein earlier this month was indeed €120.

Definitely above 100 quid, don't think there's much question about that.
Multiples of 100s I'd say

That’s the most interesting bit in all of this, isn’t it? This is obviously a post divorce cash grab by Noel. Hoping he can tolerate his brother long enough to earn a shit load of money. It’s gonna be fun seeing how long that lasts.

Could be like the Michael Jackson 50 nights at the O2, except they won't be dead, they'll have just had a massive fight in rehearsals and binned it.

Surely gonna announce glasto as well?
The whole thing stinks of Glastonbury headlining!

I also think more dates will be announced, certainly in England.

It's a strange one because normally bands would see what sales were like before doing that but with Oasis I don't think that was really necessary

Wouldn't it be weird to give Glastonbury the scoop, even before their own dates? Not sure about that.

Wouldn't it be weird to give Glastonbury the scoop, even before their own dates? Not sure about that.

No festival in 2026 though, so it could be a bit "now or never" if they're going to do it.

1) Tickets will be mega expensive
2) Full of geared up nobheads in Parkas
3) People chucking pint glasses of piss about
4) City chants galore

Not for me thanks.

No festival in 2026 though, so it could be a bit "now or never" if they're going to do it.
Oh wow, didn't know that. Can imagine they'll move heaven and earth to get them there yeah, but they're not the easiest people to deal with once they have a certain idea in their heads probably :lol:

I think they'll do Glasto next year, focus on their own shows this year. That's often how artists do it.

If we use the massive Taylor Swift tour as a benchmark, her tickets ranged from 58 quid to 300 when they initially went on sale. I'd expect around 70 quid for the cheapest, back of the stadium sort of tickets.
The next Glasto after 2025 will be 2027 as they’re having a fallow year. No way they’re still together by then.

Bit shit that I'm gunna have to fork out for a VPN so I can get access at 8 rather than 9 on Saturday. They will no doubt be sold out within an hour. No idea why Ireland has been given priority tbh.

Bit shit that I'm gunna have to fork out for a VPN so I can get access at 8 rather than 9 on Saturday. They will no doubt be sold out within an hour. No idea why Ireland has been given priority tbh.

I can only assume that only the Dublin tickets will be on sale then.

Isn't it only Dublin tickets on sale at that time in Ireland to essentially avoid the Dublin gig being all English people?

Isn't it only Dublin tickets on sale at that time in Ireland to essentially avoid the Dublin gig being all English people?

On Ticketmaster, the Dublin dates say nothing about priority access for Irish residents, just that they're on sale an hour earlier.

Never really understood the hype.
Same really, they are just the equivalent of Coldplay but if they're were a Beatles tribute act from Manchester.

I don't particularly dislike them, don't mind a few songs but I really can't see how they're so popular here. Probably just right place, right time.