Music Oasis reuniting for tour in 2025?

Not really fussed by this. I like some of their songs but I almost never seek them out to listen to.

I am the opposite kind of. I love them and listen to them quite often, have done for years, but some of their biggest hits, I can't stand. Maybe because they are overplayed, but mainly because people that don't really like Oasis, say they like Oasis but only know Wonder Wall, Don't Look Back in Anger, Champagne Supernova and She's Electric, which are the 4 songs I can't stand.

There is no test. I know I don’t listen to them any more. I enjoyed their music when it came out, I don’t any more. But I already said this. Why do I have to repeat it?
I feel similarly.

Loved those first two albums as a teenager, and I went to one of the Maine Road gigs in 1996. It was an incredible experience, a band at their absolute peak and was the one and only time I ever went to one of those kind of stadium gigs.

But I think after my first listen to their third record, that was it for me. It was shite. I don't think I ever deliberately put their music on again, and I'll be staying as far away from these gigs and the massive crowds of bucket-hatted, parka-clad blokes they'll attract as possible.

I am the opposite kind of. I love them and listen to them quite often, have done for years, but some of their biggest hits, I can't stand. Maybe because they are overplayed, but mainly because people that don't really like Oasis, say they like Oasis but only know Wonder Wall, Don't Look Back in Anger, Champagne Supernova and She's Electric, which are the 4 songs I can't stand.
They did used to have some decent B sides on the singles back in the day, which is old school.

I feel similarly.

Loved those first two albums as a teenager, and I went to one of the Maine Road gigs in 1996. It was an incredible experience, a band at their absolute peak and was the one and only time I ever went to one of those kind of stadium gigs.

But I think after my first listen to their third record, that was it for me. It was shite. I don't think I ever deliberately put their music on again, and I'll be staying as far away from these gigs and the massive crowds of bucket-hatted, parka-clad blokes they'll attract as possible.

Standing on the Shoulders of Giants wasn't much better, however Go Let It Out and Gas Panic redeemed that album because they are great songs.

Other than the first 2 albums, the only good one in my eyes is Heathen Chemistry, but even that has its haters. Stop Crying Your Heart Out. Little By Little, Song Bird, Force of Nature and The Hindu Times are good songs. But when you compare that album to the first two, it is still a poor album in comparison.

When you come out of the gates with Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory, it is all downhill from there and nothing they ever did would ever come close regardless.

There’s no such thing as an elite band in the same sense as elite footballers, what a weird use of the word :lol: Music is subjective, it’s weird how some adults still struggle with that concept.
Well, let's entertain this silliness for a moment. Would Noel Gallagher get in any of the top 6 bands' starting 5?

I think in rock music you can't separate the art from the artist. Those saying Oasis had no edge are forgetting that their entire shtick was edge: from talking about airplane glue being their favorite drug to naming names of the girls they were using, to some colorful (and over the line) insults on other bands (things like hoping Damon Albarn caught AIDS, etc.). They had a "look" that was Neanderthal. The unibrow and slack-jawed vacant faces. They had a boatload of attitude. They were politically incorrect, appeared to be dumber than a bag of hammers, and they did not give a single feck about playing the music press's game.

They were maybe not saying anything different from rock bands of the 70s but they did it with some kind of mod cosplay that made it seem cool. Their anthems soared. The melodies on their best songs are indelible, and they reminded people of Bowie and The Beatles and T Rex and whoever else - but so what? All rock 'n' roll is stealing and remixing. Some of the songs are just fecking epic, even if the Gallaghers are world class elite level grade-A cnuts:

Live Forever
Up In The Sky
Supersonic
Slide Away
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back In Anger
Some Might Say
She's Electric
Champagne Supernova

If they would have hung up the spurs after the second record, they would have left the stage as legends (like what happened with Stone Roses, they weren't around long enough to get shitty). Nothing they did after the second record was anywhere near as good, although a couple b-sides were good (Acquiesce, Underneath the Sky, Round Are Way).

Last edited:
I will be trying for tickets.

I think the Gallaghers are bellends, Noel in particular, the majority of their music after the first 2 albums is shite and I’m sure the crowd will be full of cliche’d pricks in bucket hats.

But at the end of the day, I grew up in the 90s idolising them at their peak, they were cool as feck to young kids like me and I’d regret if I’m not there.

Live Forever
Up In The Sky
Supersonic
Slide Away
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back In Anger
Some Might Say
She's Electric
Champagne Supernova

Others that should be in that list are;

Hey Now
Gas Panic
Cast No Shadow
Half The World Away
Stop Crying Your Heart Out
Columbia
Bring It On Down
Shakermaker
Morning Glory
Rock n Roll Star
Roll With It
Rockin Chair

I remember getting getting tickets for Oasis Maine Road and the G-Mex, spending all day redialing See Tickets and actually speaking to someone to book your ticket.
How times have changed.

I remember getting getting tickets for Oasis Maine Road and the G-Mex, spending all day redialing See Tickets and actually speaking to someone to book your ticket.
How times have changed.
A mate from school sold me a spare for £15 the day before for the first of the two nights at Maine Road. No idea what he had to do to get them!

I better get picked, I didn’t consent to a load of spam and Google the original Oasis drummer for nothing.

Does anyone use Ticketmaster regularly who may be able to help with some potentially naive questions? As someone who would genuinely go to any of the venues/dates to secure a ticket, what is the best approach to take? Do I need to commit to one venue/date and join the queue for that date only, or do I join the queue and then when it's my turn select whatever venue/date is left? What if I go for Wembley and am 750,000th in the queue - do I leave and then try and join a queue for Heaton Park?

Does anyone use Ticketmaster regularly who may be able to help with some potentially naive questions? As someone who would genuinely go to any of the venues/dates to secure a ticket, what is the best approach to take? Do I need to commit to one venue/date and join the queue for that date only, or do I join the queue and then when it's my turn select whatever venue/date is left? What if I go for Wembley and am 750,000th in the queue - do I leave and then try and join a queue for Heaton Park?

I dont think you know where you are in the line. They will be gone in a matter in mins so i think its a case of pick a date and hope.

Link was from their twitter

Couldn’t remember the embed trick before

Admittedly I did it an hour or so ago and still not had the registration confirmation email

generally speaking you queue first then get to decide on which venue to pick once you're in

after the first queue bit it usually gives you a countdown timer to complete your purchase

generally speaking you queue first then get to decide on which venue to pick once you're in

after the first queue bit it usually gives you a countdown timer to complete your purchase

Are you sure about that? Why would I need to queue before getting a list of gigs across the UK and Ireland?

Are you sure about that? Why would I need to queue before getting a list of gigs across the UK and Ireland?

nah, I have no idea how they'll run it

just going by one I did before (Springsteen)

edit: might not have been ticketmaster actually, but one of those sites

I did the Catfish and the Bottlemen pre-sale the other day (and laughed at them trying to charge £80 a ticket), and they sent a pre-sale link specific to each date.

Click the date you want, enter the waiting room (assuming you're accessing it before the presale actually starts), then once it started I was put into a queue, for which I could see my progress.

I didn't try and click multiple dates (there were only two, and the other was in London), but when I tried to open in in a tab on my phone as well as on my laptop, it asked me if I wanted to switch device and join the back of the queue, or keep my place and stay on the device I was on.

No idea if Oasis will handle it similarly, but they've got a four per household limit, so it definitely seems like they're taking steps to limit the ability of touts to sweep tickets during the presales.

In my experience you pick the venue, then its the queue.

Does anyone have confirmation if it's 4 tickets per household per date. Or 4 tickets per household for all the shows.

if its venue first which is the most likely success? I don't care where I see them as I don't live in UK

Cardiff being the first date will be the hardest, I guess?

if its venue first which is the most likely success? I don't care where I see them as I don't live in UK

Cardiff being the first date will be the hardest, I guess?

If you don't care. The North American concerts likely won't even sell out, or at least some of them won't, I think Sydney to LA is cheaper than to the UK?

The thing that leaked the dates with the North American dates on had the correct 14 dates for the UK bang on, so it's likely correct given they've already stated it's going to be opened up in time.

I'd say insanely likely their first set will be Glastonbury too.

If you don't care. The North American concerts likely won't even sell out, or at least some of them won't, I think Sydney to LA is cheaper than to the UK?

The thing that leaked the dates with the North American dates on had the correct 14 dates for the UK bang on, so it's likely correct given they've already stated it's going to be opened up in time.

I'd say insanely likely their first set will be Glastonbury too.

I do want to watch them in the UK as I need to be in the UK for something next summer.. also I'm going for the occasion as much as the music, and it won't be the same in the US

Agree on glasto. If they play that I'll definitely aim to go to that too

Seeing a fair number of American Oasis fans saying they are planning on buying tickets and flying over. Not sure why I find it so annoying but I do, they are announcing gigs "on other continents" and I'm sure it'll be much lower demand in the US than in the UK.

Stay away from Cardiff you feckers, I want a ticket

It's the closest venue to me but I am thinking of dodging it as people will want to go there as the 'first' of the comeback gigs. Thinking of targeting the second week at Wembley and fly under the radar... I have spent all day thinking of tactics and stressing about a ticket if you can't tell!

Tbh, with so many gaps in the schedule you would have to assume they are going to add extra dates if the demand is there.

Enjoying the dissonance the last few days between the Oasis fans who've always seem them as one of the great guitar bands, like a more successful and enduring Stone Roses, and the broader view that they're similar in stature and artistic respectability to Coldplay (with the considerable advantage of no Chris Martin).

I'm the same, I love Oasis but can't listen to 3 of them. Still love She's Electric. I'd say there's about 50 or 60 songs that I'd listen to them quite regularly. Listen Up, Roll with It, Force of Nature, Hindu Times etc. They're my favourite band ever, I get they're not everyone's cup of tea.