Music Oasis reuniting for tour in 2025?

Just goes to show how much a band's brand is worth.

If you're an Oasis fan you could have easily and cheaply seen Liam Gallagher belt out a full set of nothing but Oasis hits as recently as a few days ago. Add Noel standing on stage and call it Oasis, it's suddenly worth way more.
I did that exact thing at Leeds,got a free ticket as well 4 nights roughing it through a storm, should of went home after Liam come to think of it.

The UK Government need to step in and investigate this. This "market price" "platinum ticket" system is a scam.

Like a lot of people, once I got through, I was offered tickets at £500. We are buying tickets, not stocks. There shouldn't be any variation in price because of demand.

And how do we know when this kicks in? When 90% of tickets are sold? When its 50% ? What is stopping them doing it with 99% of tickets, if not all ?

It irks me even more after them making a point of saying not to buy from StubHub and all resale would be via TicketMaster at face value only.

Imagine this in any other business? Your local Co-op putting the price of milk up because they are down to their last 3 pints.

Just goes to show how much a band's brand is worth.

If you're an Oasis fan you could have easily and cheaply seen Liam Gallagher belt out a full set of nothing but Oasis hits as recently as a few days ago. Add Noel standing on stage and call it Oasis, it's suddenly worth way more.
It's not that surprising, is it? It's like seeing a tribute band vs the actual band.

The UK Government need to step in and investigate this. This "market price" "platinum ticket" system is a scam.

Like a lot of people, once I got through, I was offered tickets at £500. We are buying tickets, not stocks. There shouldn't be any variation in price because of demand.

And how do we know when this kicks in? When 90% of tickets are sold? When its 50% ? What is stopping them doing it with 99% of tickets, if not all ?

It irks me even more after them making a point of saying not to buy from StubHub and all resale would be via TicketMaster at face value only.

Imagine this in any other business? Your local Co-op putting the price of milk up because they are down to their last 3 pints.

Tbf, airlines and hotels use dynamic pricing too so it does happen in other businesses.

Though in the case of hotels say, the key difference is that you typically have a lot of hotel options in a lot of price ranges. Whereas Ticketmaster are a near-monopoly.

Tbf, airlines and hotels use dynamic pricing too so it does happen in other businesses.

Though in the case of hotels say, the key difference is that you typically have a lot of hotel options in a lot of price ranges. Whereas Ticketmaster are a near-monopoly.

It absolutely shouldn't though. This is late stage capitalism bullshit. The price of a hotel room shouldn't increase 10-fold because there's a big event. It's gouging at it's finest and prices people out of experiences. I might go to fringe now that I know a bloke who loves in Edinburgh with a spare room, but up until now there was no way, yet I could have spent a week there at the drop of a hat any other time of the year.

Hotels and flights are different to big ticket gigs and events.

A hotel room night or the seat on a plane are a perishable item. If you don’t sell that room tonight, or a seat on that flight, you can never sell it again. While this is true, you still have to spend on the costs associated with those sales - you are still paying the receptionists and housekeepers and overheads at the hotel, you are still paying to fuel and staff the plane.

Many hotels lose money on quiet nights only to make it back up on busy ones. it is often more a case of dropping prices to a level they can realistically attract people through the doors at regular times, than it is raising them up at the busy times. In most countries hotels will have to display a rack rate (their true rate) which they aren’t allowed to then just exceed whenever they feel like it.

I appreciate that this gets taken too far at times, and there are hotels and airlines that are driven by greed, but the general idea of yield management is to try and maximise occupancy via dynamic pricing in industries with high costs and fluctuating demand.

Oasis and Ticketmaster knew these tickets were going to sell out. Surge pricing simply doesn’t make sense under these circumstances. They aren’t setting the prices high in some concerts to cover the costs of nobody showing up at other ones.

Their whole system is designed to lure people into queuing for high demand events, force them to wait and panic through an archaic and unfit for purpose booking process, before hitting them with extortionate price increases. Knowing people will pay up in panic lest they be kicked to the back of the queue again.

It’s a scumbag model driven by nothing but greed.

It's not that surprising, is it? It's like seeing a tribute band vs the actual band.
It will still be liking seeing a tribute band. Liam Gallagher is genuinely horrific live. A tribute band would probably be better.

GWS-xMKW0AAuIQS

The whole ticket sale system is a huge scam that needs to be investigated. Dynamic pricing, lack of competition and resale websites being owned by the ticket sellers. It was bad enough 20 years ago when the main complaint was the ridiculous fees added to each purchase, but the feckers just find new ways to rip off fans.

Worth remembering that in the 1940s and 50s, we called people profiteering off scarcety spivs, and they went to prison for it.

Now its a business model.

Worth remembering that in the 1940s and 50s, we called people profiteering off scarcety spivs, and they went to prison for it.

Now its a business model.
I assumed spiv just meant you were a dodgy character with a pencil moustache. Had no idea it was illegal.

I'm glad the Ticketmaster dynamic pricing issue is everywhere on social media. Absolutely scummy practice that needs to be given public attention and derision.

I do think artists/bands/performers need to be very, very careful. It's so easy to show your contempt now on social media and posts can quickly gather steam and travel. Audiences now are a lot less forgiving, especially when it comes to cost and convenience/time and money. That connection between the artist and fans is so important. By pricing fans out of the opportunity to see you live, you risk alienating them.

There are underground bunkers, enough food and water and we can survive this

I'm glad the Ticketmaster dynamic pricing issue is everywhere on social media. Absolutely scummy practice that needs to be given public attention and derision.

I do think artists/bands/performers need to be very, very careful. It's so easy to show your contempt now on social media and posts can quickly gather steam and travel. Audiences now are a lot less forgiving, especially when it comes to cost and convenience/time and money. That connection between the artist and fans is so important. By pricing fans out of the opportunity to see you live, you risk alienating them.

It's nothing new though. It comes up every time a huge act has a gig coming up. I've been whining about this crap for years and the biggest acts I'm buying tickets for are the likes of Metallica, iron maiden and Rammstein, who generate high demand but among a smaller base than the likes of Taylor Swift and Oasis etc.

Governments are fully aware of these practices and every now and again there's posturing among politicians promising to do something, and yet the practice goes on.

It's nothing new though. It comes up every time a huge act has a gig coming up. I've been whining about this crap for years and the biggest acts I'm buying tickets for are the likes of Metallica, iron maiden and Rammstein, who generate high demand but among a smaller base than the likes of Taylor Swift and Oasis etc.

Governments are fully aware of these practices and every now and again there's posturing among politicians promising to do something, and yet the practice goes on.

One of the Irish politicians is taking it to the EU. She must be an Oasis fan who got shafted yesterday.

Ticketmaster could be in trouble with the in demand tickets as it's literally the same ticket same ticket someone else paid 150 for as advertised and they've slapped an 'in-demand' label on it and charged 400. But it'll take a while to outlaw the practice I'd say.

In fairness, it all boils down to eejits paying the prices. Paying 500 quid to see Oasis is just ridiculous carry on.

I’m hugely pissed about ticketmaster and their practices but I’m not sure how you outlaw it. Won’t they just defend themselves by saying it’s simple supply and demand? Otherwise every single Tesco petrol station would be made to charge the same price as all their other garages. But if there’s a Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and 4 other garages in the area, it’s a lot cheaper than if they’re the only garage around. Technically profiteering as it’s the same fuel you’re buying, but totally legal and accepted .

I’m hugely pissed about ticketmaster and their practices but I’m not sure how you outlaw it. Won’t they just defend themselves by saying it’s simple supply and demand? Otherwise every single Tesco petrol station would be made to charge the same price as all their other garages. But if there’s a Tesco, Asda, Morrisons and 4 other garages in the area, it’s a lot cheaper than if they’re the only garage around. Technically profiteering as it’s the same fuel you’re buying, but totally legal and accepted .

It's the fact that it's the same ticket but because they have funnelled you through this nightmarish queueing process potentially for hours and you're vulnerable with people being kicked out of their terrible website etc, and there being a time limit there could be an argument that there's a level of coercion or that the customer isn't able to make a sound decision.

Whether they can make it illegal or not or whether that'll mean all base prices go up and we get shafted either we'll have to see.

The supply and demand argument doesn’t really work here because there is not the same level of competition. Ticketmaster effectively have and had yesterday a monopoly over the tickets. Also, there is not the same level of supply as other comparable markets e.g. when Uber surge their prices, more drivers come to the area and there is more supply. You can’t have more tickets for an event.

It's the fact that it's the same ticket but because they have funnelled you through this nightmarish queueing process potentially for hours and you're vulnerable with people being kicked out of their terrible website etc, and there being a time limit there could be an argument that there's a level of coercion or that the customer isn't able to make a sound decision.

Whether they can make it illegal or not or whether that'll mean all base prices go up and we get shafted either we'll have to see.
Don’t get me wrong, I really hope they do pull the rug out from under them. They’re absolute scumbags. If not outlawed, I’d love to see another way of buying tickets become popular and render them useless. feck them and their ‘charge you £3 to print off your own ticket at home’ ways.

The supply and demand argument doesn’t really work here because there is not the same level of competition. Ticketmaster effectively have and had yesterday a monopoly over the tickets. Also, there is not the same level of supply as other comparable markets e.g. when Uber surge their prices, more drivers come to the area and there is more supply. You can’t have more tickets for an event.
Yeah I guess to be comparable you’d have to have a finite supply. But didn’t this also happen with the fuel shortages not long ago? The prices went up like mad and still haven’t come back down. The government just shrugged their shoulders.

Equally cnuts.

A great comment on their instagram points out that the idea of the working class band for working class people is firmly in the shitter.

Advertised as up to £150 by then only to see some go for £500 a piece. They won’t give a shit of course, they’ve made their money.

As much as I’d love to have seen them and enjoy their music I wasn’t going to let them or ticketmaster bend me over just because they decided the last few seats should sell for triple value.

I genuinely hope everyone who got tickets has a great night and that they put on a bloody good show for all. Because if they are charging the equivalent of a holiday or more than a mortgage payment for 4 hours they better put in 100% of the passion attitude and talent.
This was my experience. Got through for Croke Park, and when I could get tickets they were €500 each. Plus the fees. 2k for the 4 of us to sit up in the gods, miles away from the stage. We can can go on a very decent holiday for that money.

This was my experience. Got through for Croke Park, and when I could get tickets they were €500 each. Plus the fees. 2k for the 4 of us to sit up in the gods, miles away from the stage. We can can go on a very decent holiday for that money.

I just wouldn't bother paying that. The sound is shite in Croker as well, especially up there.

I gave a genuine original 1990's Whats The Story (Morning Glory) CD you can have for €350.