Music Oasis reuniting for tour in 2025?

They were objecting to others profiting and not themselves.

This, and it's always this. The artists simply don't want to see their face value tickets being sold at 3-5-10 times the price by someone else, thus why they almost always allow dynamic pricing in the end, it's allows them to eat into that market just a little bit, they get a nice wedge from their ticket partner selling it at an inflated price, but not Joe the Reseller on other platforms.

If they really care about it, and not just getting richer. All of these elite artists would push for stronger photo/id based ticketing setups instead. They don't.

This, and it's always this. The artists simply don't want to see their face value tickets being sold at 3-5-10 times the price by someone else, thus why they almost always allow dynamic pricing in the end, it's allows them to eat into that market just a little bit, they get a nice wedge from their ticket partner selling it at an inflated price, but not Joe the Reseller on other platforms.

If they really care about it, and not just getting richer. All of these elite artists would push for stronger photo/id based ticketing setups instead. They don't.
I think the The Cure did recently. As you say, it is a choice.

They should throw a last minute curveball and go the Bob Dylan route while demanding they want a "biblical" crowd and ban phones. Would love to see the reaction to that :lol:

The dynamic pricing issue also probably means that there will be no further dates announced. It would be almost impossible to justify additional tickets being available at the quoted prices again when thousands of fans have had to pay the dynamic price.

The dynamic pricing issue also probably means that there will be no further dates announced. It would be almost impossible to justify additional tickets being available at the quoted prices again when thousands of fans have had to pay the dynamic price.

I sincerely hope this is the case. I have sympathy with all who were priced out or just never got the chance to purchase tickets. However, after submitting and paying the inflated dynamic pricing, I would be fuming if new dates were announced and tickets released at the £150 mark again.

I sincerely hope this is the case. I have sympathy with all who were priced out or just never got the chance to purchase tickets. However, after submitting and paying the inflated dynamic pricing, I would be fuming if new dates were announced and tickets released at the £150 mark again.

They absolutely will and a lot of tickets for the other gigs were going for 150 initially.

This was my experience. Got through for Croke Park, and when I could get tickets they were €500 each. Plus the fees. 2k for the 4 of us to sit up in the gods, miles away from the stage. We can can go on a very decent holiday for that money.

2 grand is two months mortgage for me.
It's 10 weeks grocery shopping for my family.
How on earth can someone pay that kind of money for a two hour gig which will sound shit in Croke Park anyway

I just slapped it on a 3000% APR Capital One card and hope it disappears somehow! :wenger:

They've come out with some bollox about making it up to the fans apparently. No details on what that would be.

Appears the band are complicit in it

Rachael Board from Devon, told BBC News she’d woken up “feeling like she’d been completely ripped off” after paying £495 for a ticket, far higher than the £150 she’d intended to pay.

But ticketing websites were praised for coping with the "enormous demand" by Jonathan Brown, chief executive of the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers, who stressed prices were set by the band.

“Dynamic pricing” on Ticketmaster, where prices rise in line with demand, sparked criticism from many fans, after some tickets were set at more than £350 - up from £135 when the sale began earlier in the day.

Mr Brown told the BBC pricing is set "by artists and their management".

The nasty bit is having people waste hours blind in a que to be faced with that upcharge

Rachael Board from Devon, told BBC News she’d woken up “feeling like she’d been completely ripped off” after paying £495 for a ticket, far higher than the £150 she’d intended to pay.

But ticketing websites were praised for coping with the "enormous demand" by Jonathan Brown, chief executive of the Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers, who stressed prices were set by the band.

“Dynamic pricing” on Ticketmaster, where prices rise in line with demand, sparked criticism from many fans, after some tickets were set at more than £350 - up from £135 when the sale began earlier in the day.

The nasty bit is having people waste hours blind in a que to be faced with that upcharge
The artist decides, if they want dynamic pricing or not. Ticketmaster is the worst, but the artists opting for dynamic pricing can suck a lemon, too.

Ticketmaster have been doing this for ages so funny seeing the furore over it now. They hold a load back in the best seats and put them on as "Platinum" tickets which doesn't mean anything and is basically them touting their own shit. Again the only way to stop it (aside from government stepping in to regulate it) is to not buy them but people always do (rich people) so here we are, the average consumer being priced out of the market.

Funny enough United do exactly the same thing now. When a season ticket holder sells back to the club they resell for silly money.

Tbh Rachael sounds like an idiot.

Surely you have a budget and you pay what you are able to do. Self control and all that.

Tbh Rachael sounds like an idiot.

Surely you have a budget and you pay what you are able to do. Self control and all that.
Sort of. But it’s a bit like the issue with gambling. Here you’ve ‘gambled’ so much time and effort in the queue and then they give you an option for inflated priced tickets with no time/ control to think and you end up purchasing.

I do wonder if ticketmaster purposely make the wait in the queue extra long to take advantage of this.

Sort of. But it’s a bit like the issue with gambling. Here you’ve ‘gambled’ so much time and effort in the queue and then they give you an option for inflated priced tickets with no time/ control to think and you end up purchasing.

I do wonder if ticketmaster purposely make the wait in the queue extra long to take advantage of this.
Yeah there is that. Pressure situation.

Just made my friends year. She got 4 tickets for £1500+. I’ve just given her my 4 so she can sell hers and not be out that kind of money.

The Gallaghers are utter scumbags.

But remember, they're not that big a band!
The ticket hysteria in the UK has spread over here. I heard an Oasis song other than Wonderwall on the radio for the first time in forever yesterday and the WA State government are talking about trying to tempt Oasis to Perth after getting Coldplay here earlier this year in a $8m (fee) feck you to the Eastern States.

The ticket hysteria in the UK has spread over here. I heard an Oasis song other than Wonderwall on the radio for the first time in forever yesterday and the WA State government are talking about trying to tempt Oasis to Perth after getting Coldplay here earlier this year in a $8m (fee) feck you to the Eastern States.
Yeah that one is awful due to how mainstream it is.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just made my friends year. She got 4 tickets for £1500+. I’ve just given her my 4 so she can sell hers and not be out that kind of money.

The Gallaghers are utter scumbags.
When ticketmaster charges you "surge prices" or "dynamic pricing", is that then also the official "face value" of those same tickets? Selling them at the same price would not be touting? Would you get a refund of the same amount paid if the show is cancelled?

Not defending the "industry" here at all, in fact if I posted what I really think of it I'd probably get a permaban, but I can't help but think that the fans' hysteria and apparently incontolable fomo is at least partly to blame for all the insanity. I think we, individually and collectivelly, need to try to overcome our impulsivity, or at least tame it a bit. I say this as someone who struggles with it a lot.

A few weeks ago there were two Pearl Jam shows in Barcelona with this criminal pricing system. The shows didn't sell out immediately, and as weeks passed, there regularly were some tickets available at less than half the starting price. For big events, when the tickets are not sold out basically instantly the organisers panic.

Not defending the "industry" here at all, in fact if I posted what I really think of it I'd probably get a permaban, but I can't help but think that the fans' hysteria and apparently incontolable fomo is at least partly to blame for all the insanity. I think we, individually and collectivelly, need to try to overcome our impulsivity, or at least tame it a bit. I say this as someone who struggles with it a lot.
Feels like the plan was completely to prey upon peoples hysteria. By the fact there was no mention or warning whatsoever about 'dynamic pricing' beforehand. All the press releases days before had tickets at £150. Theyve pulled a fast one on fans and got the money.

For a pair of gobshites theyve been silent about it so far

A few weeks ago there were two Pearl Jam shows in Barcelona with this criminal pricing system. The shows didn't sell out immediately, and as weeks passed, there regularly were some tickets available at less than half the starting price. For big events, when the tickets are not sold out basically instantly the organisers panic.
Yeah I managed to talk myself out of even attempting as I expected the dynamic pricing given ticketmaster did the exact same for the UFC a few months ago. Given the small window between announcement and the tickets going on sale it was always going to be chaos.

I also expect tickets for this will start popping up in the next few months as people realise they've spent around 1500 for their family to see Oasis for a few hours.

I think it's being overlooked that they not only put the price up suddenly, but before they did it was coming up as "tickets unavailable" on the store, then they added the "in demand standing".

So they were basically claiming sold out whilst they added that option.

Scam.

Yeah I managed to talk myself out of even attempting as I expected the dynamic pricing given ticketmaster did the exact same for the UFC a few months ago. Given the small window between announcement and the tickets going on sale it was always going to be chaos.

I also expect tickets for this will start popping up in the next few months as people realise they've spent around 1500 for their family to see Oasis for a few hours.
The first few gigs will be up on youtube, and the setlist will be the same (as they were dull like that)

While I think dynamic prices is a really bad and think it should be removed or at the very least much more regulated I don't really mind high ticket prices in general. People should buy tickets for concerts they deem to be worth whatever money they pay, not because of FOMO.

Not sure how there can a discussion of Oasis’ merits when Noel Gallagher is arguably the best lyricist since Bob Dylan.
I haven’t laughed like that in a long time. :lol: