Music Oasis reuniting for tour in 2025?

My brother in law got an email guaranteeing him a pre-sale code for being a "super fan" and that allowed him to buy 4 tickets so I'll be there on the 12th in Manchester!

I listened to Definitely Maybe in the car on the way back from the in-laws today and it’s amazing how much the whole thing sounds like one long song… until Married with Children which is like a weird little oddity at the end. I genuinely can’t think of an album like it for just a relentless samey vibe. The entire thing is basically the exact same tempo throughout like some kind of garage rock mega mix. Even Nirvana with one less member made their songs sound sonically different. It’s the epitome of dated for me. Live Forever and Slide Away still hold up well, but most of it sounds like this…
I don't disagree with the notion that the songs on Definitely, Maybe sounds very same-ish. If that means dated for you, then they'd certainly be dated. To me it just means that their songs are same-y. For me it's more about the sound - the general distorted sound, from guitars to singing as well as the hooks and melodies. To me that, in itself, doesn't really date. It's a very simplistic sound that works in any time IMO. I don't think all the songs on the album are good, but the stuff I don't like is just not very good to me rather than it sounding like a relic from the 90s.
Blur are also a significantly better band. Not on Radioheads level, but closer than Oasis are. They never had one consistently great album but Albarn basically wrote a recognisable banger in various soft genres every couple of years for about 25 years between Blur + Gorillaz. Which is why they’ve dated well (also Beetlebum is a better Beatles tune than anything Noel ever wrote) Though this is obviously a terrible thread to make that particular argument in, but the difference between Girls & Boys, Song 2 & The Universal is staggering when you’ve just listened to Noel play they same 5 chords at the same tempo for 2 hours… Also my god the lyrics are bad. You prepare yourself for it, but it somehow still shocks you how bad they are.
Blur might very well be a significantly better band. But one thing Oasis has is that they're more definite for the genre they played (they're the britpop band really, for better or for worse) than Blur is for any. Blur has successfully moved between sounds and genres, as opposed to Oasis that stayed the same, but have they really made any defining albums in any of those genres? Not really as far as I can tell. Anyway, I won't say anything to the contrary regarding Blur being better, but I do think Blur is much closer to Oasis than they are Radiohead.

@Ludens the Red You say that as if it's a bad thing. Citizen Kane is a brilliant film, and Radiohead is a brilliant band.

My brother in law got an email guaranteeing him a pre-sale code for being a "super fan" and that allowed him to buy 4 tickets so I'll be there on the 12th in Manchester!

Scum. Subhuman scum

Nah congrats

Seen them back in 2009 in a packed millennium stadium they were pretty good, wonder if they will still be able to perform at the same level now.

I love the conviction with which people say other bands are much, much, much better than Oasis. Music is subjective. It’s how it makes you feel at that moment in your life. It’s how it’s stirs those memories still.

I fecking loved Radiohead. But Radiohead never had a Knebworth moment. Those 2.5m people who tried to get tickets must have been wrong. Why didn’t anyone tell them Radiohead were a much, much, much, much better band.

I love the conviction with which people say other bands are much, much, much better than Oasis. Music is subjective. It’s how it makes you feel at that moment in your life. It’s how it’s stirs those memories still.

I fecking loved Radiohead. But Radiohead never had a Knebworth moment. Those 2.5m people who tried to get tickets must have been wrong. Why didn’t anyone tell them Radiohead were a much, much, much, much better band.

The daft thing about it all is that music isn't exclusive. You can like Oasis and other bands, and go to see a range of bands at gigs, festivals, tours, etc. I never really understand why people get tribal about their disliking of other bands or pitting them against each other. It's fine to watch Taylor Swift one week and Slipknot the next.

I love Radiohead and will jump at the next opportunity to see them live. Grew up with both, so...it's all good.

I didn't get into the presale. A little gutted. Spent all day today and yesterday refreshing my emails to see if I got that magical code and it just never came. Not terribly optimistic that I'm going to get tickets tomorrow. Preparing myself for heartbreak tomorrow!

Well done and enjoy to all those who got lucky with the presale. It's going to be a huge cultural event and milestone.

Music is subjective indeed, and I never said that Oasis wasn't good or great. But I don't think it's a controversial thing to say that Radiohead is a much better band (or maybe that they have the much superior discography at this point). Doesn't mean that Oasis isn't great as well.

No one is saying that 2.5 million people were wrong. No one is even saying that Radiohead is a better live band than Oasis. At that time I'm sure Oasis could be argued being a better band than Radiohead anyway. And I'm sure that most of the people that were there had brilliant experiences, must have been absolutely fantastic.
The daft thing about it all is that music isn't exclusive. You can like Oasis and other bands, and go to see a range of bands at gigs, festivals, tours, etc. I never really understand why people get tribal about their disliking of other bands or pitting them against each other. It's fine to watch Taylor Swift one week and Slipknot the next.

I love Radiohead and will jump at the next opportunity to see them live. Grew up with both, so...it's all good.
If I got the chance to see Oasis in this reunion (if they come anywhere near me, that is) I'd see them in a heartbeat. I very much agree that I don't get why liking one band or artist would make you dislike or unable to appreciate another artist or band. I listen to all kinds of music, I'd gladly see Taylor Swift one week and Moonsorrow the next. I still think it's possible to discuss whether an artist or band is better than another artist or band.

Last edited:
So I bought 4 pre sale tickets using my card on my friend’s account. Am I right in thinking that I can’t buy another 4 for my friends tomorrow for the same show but I could for a different show? What if I used a different card? And does the 4 per household limit only apply to Ticketmaster ie can I buy 4 from See Tickets for the same show for my friends?

Minded not to risk Ticketmaster cancelling my existing tickets so have a different card ready but if they trace it back to my name and billing address, may still be the same issue so may avoid altogether.

So I bought 4 pre sale tickets using my card on my friend’s account. Am I right in thinking that I can’t buy another 4 for my friends tomorrow for the same show but I could for a different show? What if I used a different card? And does the 4 per household limit only apply to Ticketmaster ie can I buy 4 from See Tickets for the same show for my friends?

Minded not to risk Ticketmaster cancelling my existing tickets so have a different card ready but if they trace it back to my name and billing address, may still be the same issue so may avoid altogether.
It will just be the ticket master account I think

This chap got plenty of attention online for his opinion piece.

GWK-UC6XQAA_ofq

You're very likely overthinking it. If these artists really gave one ounce a feck about the secondary market or people having too many tickets, they'd start going the Glastonbury route.... which really, is next to impossible to fully implement for a one day event anyway. All Oasis are thinking right now are "Why didn't we charge £250? feck sake"

The token "we know theres this happening, we'll cancel those tickets" has been going on for years.

You're very likely overthinking it. If these artists really gave one ounce a feck about the secondary market or people having too many tickets, they'd start going the Glastonbury route.... which really, is next to impossible to fully implement for a one day event anyway. All Oasis are thinking right now are "Why didn't we charge £250? feck sake"

The token "we know theres this happening, we'll cancel those tickets" has been going on for years.

Think I am overthinking it but just going to use mate's account with separate card/billing address to be safe...

Yeah no joy for me either. You’d think they’d have better servers with the amount they rip people off