Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'd genuinely be better off taking the offer and just adding it to the De Ligt offer and signing him.

He has a dodgy fitness record but not a total crock like this guy. But hey, anything to reunite the old Ajax gang.

Because he's not good enough to properly compete with Dalot for a starting spot. And if he's to be a back up then he's incredibly injury prone. If there's one ability you want in a back up, it's availability.

AWB is much more suited for a squad role as he's fantastic for games like the cup final where you need to lock down a specific opponent. He's not that injury prone and doesn't create a fuss when not playing.

Good man, would be suitable as a backup and AWB replacement. Injury history would be mitigated by Dalot being clear first choice and he's been one of the fittest players in our squad over the years

Looking at the last two seasons his injury problems include:
"Inflammation"
"Muscular problems"
"Torn muscle bundle"
"Torn muscle fibre"

He only made 12 league starts both seasons.

Plus he's bang average. But surely 2 crocked full backs is already too many. Going into a 50-60 game seasons with 3 out of 4 full backs being crocked sounds like more managerial genius at work.
Why on earth are we looking to get this guy then? I guess we do really love crocked fullbacks. Already got 2 for left back so gotta find equally shite for right back too. Jfc

Right, the solution to our injury problems is to sign another injury-prone player. Anything for the ex-Eredivisie status I guess.

I just can't possibly see any reason to be happy with buying yet another injury prone player. AWB is at least good at staying fit, compared to this fella.

This is how you build sqad full of dross then wonder yourself when you can't sell players.

But at least he played for Ajax. Heh

The good thing about this (if true) is West Ham will probably come back in for AWB now
What good does that do when he’s already rejected them

All we can hope is AWB refuses to go anywhere so we don’t piss more money away like this

I understand the ability to play both sides. But if he’s hardly fit I don’t see the benefit.

This will probably still take a marathon to complete as AWB would need to leave first.

I just can't possibly see any reason to be happy with buying yet another injury prone player. AWB is at least good at staying fit, compared to this fella.
Not for the last two seasons.

Because he's not good enough to properly compete with Dalot for a starting spot. And if he's to be a back up then he's incredibly injury prone. If there's one ability you want in a back up, it's availability.

AWB is much more suited for a squad role as he's fantastic for games like the cup final where you need to lock down a specific opponent. He's not that injury prone and doesn't create a fuss when not playing.

I think he provides quality depth, so have to disagree on that one. His injury record is admittedly concerning, though.

this guy does not seem up to much, chances are this is a combination of the media latching unto another 'ex-Ajax guy' and agent briefings rather than a genuine Utd interest.

Ultimately it's all very low-stakes. Mazraoui would be replacing a player who only has 12 month left at the club anyway, the fees being discussed for Mazraoui and AWB are both small and about the same, and in either case the typically perma-fit Dalot will remain our first choice RB. Injury history favours AWB, skill-set favours Mazraoui.

Not worth getting overly excited about in either direction, really.

Ultimately it's all very low-stakes. Mazraoui would be replacing a player who only has 12 month left at the club anyway, the fees being discussed for Mazraoui and AWB are both small and about the same, and in either case the typically perma-fit Dalot will remain our first choice RB. Injury history favours AWB, skill-set favours Mazraoui.

Sort of. It'd be replacing one average player who hasn't got much time left on his contract for another average player who would then be on a much longer contract, with bigger injury worries.

Other than signing another Ajax alumni, what's the point?

I’d say the biggest concern is the continuation of a pattern of signings that hasn’t worked. It seems we are still largely being guided by Ten Hag’s narrow thinking.

It’s not low stakes when it will inevitably mean us not signing a good left back.

Signing Telles or Malacia were also “low stakes” but ultimately those signing prevented us signing better players and just drain money from the club

It’s not low stakes when it will inevitably mean us not signing a good left back.

Signing Telles or Malacia were also “low stakes” but ultimately those signing prevented us signing better players and just drain money from the club

Why would it prevent us signing a LB?

It's presumably only going to happen if AWB is sold. The fee we're reportedly looking at getting for AWB (15m) is almost exactly the same as the fee West Ham reportedly agreed for Mazraoui (15m + 4m add ons). And insofar as FSR matters, completing both deals could only improve our position this summer. So I don't see how it impacts a signing at LB?

If it's going to prevent us from doing anything it's signing a better replacement for AWB at RB, either now or next summer, an argument I have more sympathy for.

Apparently he's missed 73 games in the last 3 seasons.

Looking at the last two seasons his injury problems include:
"Inflammation"
"Muscular problems"
"Torn muscle bundle"
"Torn muscle fibre"

He only made 12 league starts both seasons.

Plus he's bang average. But surely 2 crocked full backs is already too many. Going into a 50-60 game seasons with 3 out of 4 full backs being crocked sounds like more managerial genius at work.
The inflammation was the result of him being rushed back afer Covid by his national team. Feckers... That could have ended really badly for him and to me was proof that he isn't too bright. The muscle injuires are unfortunately indeed a recurring and worrying development

Status
Not open for further replies.