Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you miss the bit where they already had accepted the West Ham bid? It's not like they rejected their bid and were looking for more then.

What's that got to do with anything? This isn't setting an RRP on a TV it's a negotiation there's no set value it's dependent on buyer interest. If Real Madrid had come in to buy Greenwood after we'd accepted the other offer do you still think we'd have accepted the same fee? No, because we wouldn't have had to lower our asking price to a lesser clubs capability to pay.

If we don't want to pay a greater fee we won't and if they want to then bring the price down they will. That's how this works.

What's that got to do with anything? This isn't setting an RRP on a TV it's a negotiation there's no set value it's dependent on buyer interest. If Real Madrid had come in to buy Greenwood after we'd accepted the other offer do you still think we'd have accepted the same fee? No, because we wouldn't have had to lower our asking price to a lesser clubs capability to pay.

If we don't want to pay a greater fee we won't and if they want to then bring the price down they will. That's how this works.
There is no other offer anymore. It's us or nothing. And we're not Real Madrid. We're apparently strapped for cash at the moment. Bayern's stance must be very frustrating for Mazraoui (and De Ligt) as well.

Once a bid has been accepted, you have set your asking price, that's how it works. It doesn't matter if any clubs show interest later on, you have told the world that this is the price you are willing to accept to sell that said player. If Real Madrid had shown interest before we accepted any bids then then we could have started a bidding war to drive the price up. But it didn't happen, so its a moot point. The clubs capability doesn't even matter. Why should anyone bid higher than a bid that has already been accepted?

If the reports are true Bayern are being bellends yeah. Why would we have to pay 25% more than what West Ham agreed with them? Ridiculous. I'd rather we walked away.

For one, there's more to deals than the face-value figures involved. Deals can be structured differently in terms of payments, which causes the selling club to demand more for more favourable terms for the buyer.

We've already seen that this summer, with United agreeing to pay a few million more than Zirkzee's release clause in order to obtain more favourable payment terms.

I have no idea if it applies in this case, but different payment terms is one reason clubs can demand different face-value figures.

Are you seriously asking why a players price goes up when more than one club are interested?

For a player that is not in the plans of the parent club, has an atrocious injury record, and had a fee agreed just 10 days ago to a club the player refused to go to? Yeah, people will ask questions.

Once a bid has been accepted, you have set your asking price, that's how it works. It doesn't matter if any clubs show interest later on, you have told the world that this is the price you are willing to accept to sell that said player. If Real Madrid had shown interest before we accepted any bids then then we could have started a bidding war to drive the price up. But it didn't happen, so its a moot point. The clubs capability doesn't even matter. Why should anyone bid higher than a bid that has already been accepted?

You've set your asking price for that club that's all. You can make up some unwritten rule that the first accepted offer is the set price all you want but that's in your head.

They've damaged their negotiating position but there's no obligation. They know they'd have set a higher price if we had come asking first, that his appeal is obviously higher with us sniffing around so the gap reflects that and the clubs now need to negotiate to that reality.

We'll always pay a higher fee than a small club, you should have figured that out by now.

You've set your asking price for that club that's all. You can make up some unwritten rule that the first accepted offer is the set price all you want but that's in your head.

They've damaged their negotiating position but there's no obligation. They know they'd have set a higher price if we had come asking first, that his appeal is obviously higher with us sniffing around so the gap reflects that and the clubs now need to negotiate to that reality.

We'll always pay a higher fee than a small club, you should have figured that out by now.
There's literally no reason for any club to bid higher than a bid which has already been accepted. Doesn't matter who the buying club is. No one is in the business to overpay. Bayern especially in this case cannot play hardball as they risk ending up with an unhappy player who they clearly wanted to get rid.

Regarding the bolded bit, if we do that even after another bid has been accepted at a lower value then we are the idiots and is how rest of the world views us as when it comes to negotiating with us. It's a different situation when no bid has been accepted but to bid higher than a bid that's already been accepted makes us silly and will allow the selling clubs to continue to try and fleece us.

Paying a slight premium to have better payment terms as was the case with Zirkzee is understandable. But 5m is not premium it's overpaying. And I don't think we even need a better payment terms for 15m base fee.

What you're describing there is the 'United Tax' that's the very thing people are complaining about.

Because we've been poor negotiators in the past, clubs up the price when we're interested in buying, and won't go as high when we're the selling club. Because they expect us to cave in, as we have done too often in the past.

We've different negotiators now, moving away from that, so it's very frustrating that clubs are still trying the old tactics and so stalling all these deals.

Bayern accepting a bid from a fellow PL side, who finished just one place below us last season, and then within days reportedly demanding a higher fee just because it's us now bidding, is as clear an example of the United Tax being applied as there has been.

Think deal seems to have been agreed (or near as) for a while. It's the AWB to West Ham deal that's delaying things.

Think deal seems to have been agreed (or near as) for a while. It's the AWB to West Ham deal that's delaying things.
AWB to West Ham is agreed too according to the same Ornstein tweet. £15m fee agreed and medical scheduled for Sun/Mon.

It is surprising there aren't may post in this after confirmation from the transfer don about fee being agreed, but this signing will provide great cover for both fullback positions and raise our defence technical ability on the ball. Happy both de ligt and mazraoui are getting over the line for our opening fixtures.

Our negotiation team can be operated three deals at the same time..Amazing !! :lol:

Very happy with those two for the combined fee.

Right technical profiles for what we want.

Don't know too much about this guy and what he offers. What's the major advantage with him over AWB?

Very happy with those two for the combined fee.

Right technical profiles for what we want.
Got what I want, although you didn't get your Hancko signing, I'm glad you're on board. I think we'll have a enough cover everywhere across the back, which seems weird.

That being said, if anyone could test that depth, we could.

Finally. Thanks for taking him. Won’t be missed.

Got what I want, although you didn't get your Hancko signing, I'm glad you're on board. I think we'll have a enough cover everywhere across the back, which seems weird.

That being said, if anyone could test that depth, we could.
Yeah, Hancko would have been ideal for LCB/LB cover but looks like if we do that it’ll be a free Hermoso.

That said with what we have:
RB
Dalot
Mazraoui
Yoro*

CB
De Ligt
Martinez
Yoro
Maguire
Lindelöf
Evans

LB
Shaw
Malacia*
Amass

I’ll be amazed if Lindelöf isn’t sold.

Gonna miss AWB, had some memorable moments at the club, just not suited in our new direction of travel....

Yeah, Hancko would have been ideal for LCB/LB cover but looks like if we do that it’ll be a free Hermoso.

That said with what we have:
RB
Dalot
Mazraoui
Yoro*

CB
De Ligt
Martinez
Yoro
Maguire
Lindelöf
Evans

LB
Shaw
Malacia*
Amass

I’ll be amazed if Lindelöf isn’t sold.
I’d rather sell Maguire to be fair, just in terms of what we’re likely to get for him and saving wages.

Gonna miss AWB, had some memorable moments at the club, just not suited in our new direction of travel....

Absolutely not. If you're backs against the wall against a winger who likes to dribble and not play one-twos he was great, and in fairness he has improved on back post defending in the air but other than that he's a real weakness at the top level

I’d rather sell Maguire to be fair, just in terms of what we’re likely to get for him and saving wages.
Me too, but I think his wages will make it very hard to shift him.

De Ligt is a direct Maguire replacement.

Because he’s bang average on this level, heavily prone to injuries and quite frankly, I can’t stand him, due to his views on homosexuality.

He didn't cost us much, to be fair. Don't think we're able to spend £60m on LB.

Status
Not open for further replies.