Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds very fair as a price for the pair.
Yeah, if that's really the price then I don't see why we'd hope to get it much below it. That works out, rounding up the figures, at say £40m for De Ligt - less than what we've bid for Branthwaite and paid for Yoro - and £15m for Mazraoui, the same kind of fee West Ham agreed and that we're asking for AWB.

I could understand us trying to negotiate how we pay it in instalments, but can't see us getting the price down any lower than that.

£55m is a very fair price for both. This will be sorted soon I think.
West Ham agreed £13 million for Mazrraoui, £42 million is quite a big chunk over our first offer for De Light. Given how Ineos have been negotiating so far, I think we’ll be pushing for £50 million max.

This is why we need Mazraoui. 50M fixed + 5-7M addons, get it done please.

That’s not crying laughing smilie bad. It’s something you see every match, a whipped in cross that wasn’t executed perfectly. The actual technique was good, it was whipped rather than floated with plenty of swing, he just got the angle wrong.

Are we going to do a laughing smilie tweet for every single misplaced pass or cross or shot from now on in case it can be used in an agenda post?

So I didn't know Mazraoui was born and raised in Holland. And also played for Ajax under Ten Hag.

After signing one Dutch player and chasing two other Dutch/ex Ajax/ex ETH players.

It's good to see the new football structure is working wonders and not still relying on Ten Hag to identify players.

So I didn't know Mazraoui was born and raised in Holland. And also played for Ajax under Ten Hag.

After signing one Dutch player and chasing two other Dutch/ex Ajax/ex ETH players.

It's good to see the new football structure is working wonders and not still relying on Ten Hag to identify players.

It's impossible to disagree with this, when we end up with with Mazaroui and De Ligt, which we no doubt will, that will ten, Dutch/played in the Eridivisie/played for Ten Hag, players signed by United in the last 2 years.

It's really surprising that it's been allowed to continue under the new setup.

That’s not crying laughing smilie bad. It’s something you see every match, a whipped in cross that wasn’t executed perfectly. The actual technique was good, it was whipped rather than floated with plenty of swing, he just got the angle wrong.

Are we going to do a laughing smilie tweet for every single misplaced pass or cross or shot from now on in case it can be used in an agenda post?
The technique isn't bad, but he didn't look up or understand the situation. The ball was played back to him from the penalty area, obviously the defence would push up and the attackers would have to come back. Unless he specifically saw someone making a run forward, it was a completely aimless ball.

It's impossible to disagree with this, when we end up with with Mazaroui and De Ligt, which we no doubt will, that will ten, Dutch/played in the Eridivisie/played for Ten Hag, players signed by United in the last 2 years.

Fair. Hopefully, though, it's mostly that this summer probably isn't reflective of how we'll be moving forward now we've got everything in place. All the appointments (and finally arrivals after gardening leave) we're all a little late for much forward planning and scouting of players for this window. So they've probably just negotiated better but with more the type of usual targets - though focusing on the ones of the right age (all 18-26 so far, and Ugarte also 23).

So they're already targeting young / in their prime players, as they said. And hopefully now all the staff are fully in place, future windows will show a wider range of targets and less Dutch / Eredivisie connections.

But if we complete the 5 main signings (Yoro, Zirkzee, Mazraoui, De Ligt, Ugarte) then, along with who they've managed to offload, I think that's been a pretty good first window for the transfer team given how little time they've had together so far and bodes well for future windows when it should be even more slick and better prepared.

Fair. Hopefully, though, it's mostly that this summer probably isn't reflective of how we'll be moving forward now we've got everything in place. All the appointments (and finally arrivals after gardening leave) we're all a little late for much forward planning and scouting of players for this window. So they've probably just negotiated better but with more the type of usual targets - though focusing on the ones of the right age (all 18-26 so far, and Ugarte also 23).

So they're already targeting young / in their prime players, as they said. And hopefully now all the staff are fully in place, future windows will show a wider range of targets and less Dutch / Eredivisie connections.

But if we complete the 5 main signings (Yoro, Zirkzee, Mazraoui, De Ligt, Ugarte) then, along with who they've managed to offload, I think that's been a pretty good first window for the transfer team given how little time they've had together so far and bodes well for future windows when it should be even more slick and better prepared.

I can understand if the new set-up hasn't had the chance to get their shit together yet and develop a list of targets but the cynic in me thinks this might have something to do with Ten Hag not signing a new contract that would have changed his transfer powers and the club just triggering an extention to his current deal instead.

Given his more miss than hit record in siging former players, dutch players and former Ajax players it's a bit worrying to see that continue this summer.

I can understand if the new set-up hasn't had the chance to get their shit together yet and develop a list of targets but the cynic in me thinks this might have something to do with Ten Hag not signing a new contract that would have changed his transfer powers and the club just triggering an extention to his current deal instead.

Given his more miss than hit record in siging former players, dutch players and former Ajax players it's a bit worrying to see that continue this summer.
We'll have to wait and see. And obviously I'll be disappointed if that does prove to be the case.

But I've seen and heard enough of the new regime to have good hopes that we're going to be a more competently run club moving forward. And I really don't think all these top level people would be sought after - and agree to join - if the plan was just going to be to continue signing ETH's limited choices (or, only adding to it with INEOS' connection to the French league market, as we've seen with Yoro, Ugarte, Todibo)

So I'm definitely optimistic about future summer windows, and hopeful that after a year of being in place and scouting and researching players, we'll see more than just Dutch / French league options and start utilising other markets.

But we'll have to see.

It is possible to disagree with it. Firstly, if you didn't know Mazraoui played for Ajax, then I'd already question how informed you are about football.

Whilst I can agree that signing a lot of ex Ajax players from EtH's time there isn't an encouraging strategy, the only one I really disagree with is Antony. I don't think it's fair to throw anyone who is either Dutch or played in the Eredivisie together, as it's very much a development league and so a lot of good players have spent time there. I also find it funny how selective people are. There's people on here desperate for us to sign that Turkish LB, but guess where he was born?

If we do sign De Ligt and Mazraoui, they wouldn't have been my first choices, but in a world where Kilman costs £40m then getting De Ligt for near that would be a good signing.

When I wrote this when we got Zirkzee, many lads called me idiot and other names.

The bit you missed is Antony played his best football with Mazraoui behind him.

But his best is levels below Amad's worst.
Really? I think Amad has a long way to go to prove he is PL quality, let alone a top 4 quality player. In relation to his worst, I watched him at Rangers. That’s a pretty low bar.

Really? I think Amad has a long way to go to prove he is PL quality, let alone a top 4 quality player. In relation to his worst, I watched him at Rangers. That’s a pretty low bar.
Amad has shown more this pre season and the end of last season than Antony as since he joined us.

Amad has shown more this pre season and the end of last season than Antony as since he joined us
He looks to have a lot of potential, but I think I will hold off until he proves it over the course of a full season. I don’t judge players on a few end of season fixtures, and meaningless pre season matches.

You won’t hear an argument from me on Antony, I actually think he is the worst signing in our history as a club, and would gladly see him gone.

But Antony has already proven he's miles below PL quality

I don’t think that RB will get Antony to play well. Don’t think English football is for him.
I think hes awful, my point which wasn't written well, is that I wonder if mazraoui's previous experience of playing with Antony came into the decision.

But Antony has already proven he's miles below PL quality
See my comment in relation to Antony above. I never said Antony was PL quality, or that I even rate him. My argument was that Amad has a way to go to prove he is top 4 quality.

I think hes awful, my point which wasn't written well, is that I wonder if mazraoui's previous experience of playing with Antony came into the decision.
Ye that’s a fair point. Although it depends who the coaches plan on using as our first choice RW this season. I’d say Garnacho and Amad are in front of Antony for the RW spot.

We'll have to wait and see. And obviously I'll be disappointed if that does prove to be the case.

But I've seen and heard enough of the new regime to have good hopes that we're going to be a more competently run club moving forward. And I really don't think all these top level people would be sought after - and agree to join - if the plan was just going to be to continue signing ETH's limited choices (or, only adding to it with INEOS' connection to the French league market, as we've seen with Yoro, Ugarte, Todibo)

So I'm definitely optimistic about future summer windows, and hopeful that after a year of being in place and scouting and researching players, we'll see more than just Dutch / French league options and start utilising other markets.

But we'll have to see.

I'm hopeful as well mate.

But on the 2nd part I'd assume the plan wasn't for Ten Hag to still be directing things and identifying targets but as mentioned the club also seemed keen to renegotiate this contract which didn't happen for whatever reason.

So we'll see, we seemed to be going about business in a more efficient manner.

Chill the feck out, there's no agenda. The point was AWB does that every match, and has poor crossing and attacking ability his whole time at United.

Prime Dalot is one of the best rightbacks in the league. Mazraoui is not better than him.

With that said, there might be some kind of weird connection between them. Never underestimate the power of the bromance.

Was he really that bad at Rangers? He had some good moments but was young at that time so naturally had some quieter games too.

That being said I think Amad has shown enough to be "PL quality" and a lot better than that.

It is possible to disagree with it. Firstly, if you didn't know Mazraoui played for Ajax, then I'd already question how informed you are about football.

Whilst I can agree that signing a lot of ex Ajax players from EtH's time there isn't an encouraging strategy, the only one I really disagree with is Antony.

Guilty and I'm ashamed. Long gone are the days where I would have known where some Bayern player was born and raised. Life, kids, dogs and running a business take up all the time I used to allocate to watching the Eredivisie.

Going to jump onto YouTube now and watch Feyenoords season review from last year. The kids will be disappointed they're not going to the cinema now but it has to be done.

I don't think it's fair to throw anyone who is either Dutch or played in the Eredivisie together, as it's very much a development league and so a lot of good players have spent time there. I also find it funny how selective people are. There's people on here desperate for us to sign that Turkish LB, but guess where he was born?

If we do sign De Ligt and Mazraoui, they wouldn't have been my first choices, but in a world where Kilman costs £40m then getting De Ligt for near that would be a good signing.

I'll take a stab and guess Holland? :confused:

Guilty and I'm ashamed. Long gone are the days where I would have known where some Bayern player was born and raised. Life, kids, dogs and running a business take up all the time I used to allocate to watching the Eredivisie.

Going to jump onto YouTube now and watch Feyenoords season review from last year. The kids will be disappointed they're not going to the cinema now but it has to be done.

I'll take a stab and guess Holland? :confused:
Yeah well I have to do all those things too pal, but I was still generally aware of what was going on in European football 2 years ago. I mean if you'd spent any time on here you'd have seen people talking about him as lots of United fans wanted him here when he left Ajax.

He is usually very Beckhamesque when he gets in this position. So out off character for him.

He looks to have a lot of potential, but I think I will hold off until he proves it over the course of a full season. I don’t judge players on a few end of season fixtures, and meaningless pre season matches.

You won’t hear an argument from me on Antony, I actually think he is the worst signing in our history as a club, and would gladly see him gone.
It's difficult to judge him on anything else, in a United shirt at least. You can only impress when given the opportunity.

Well said

While I would agree with that logic when it came to signings like Antony, Malacia and Weghourst, I don't think it can apply here because De Ligt and Mazroui are two very good players available at a cut price that I think many teams would be interested in.

As someone who has watched Bayern, I'd be delighted with these two signings if we pull it off. Only concern for Mazraoui is his inquiry record but if he can stay fit he'd be a really good player to have at RB.

Yeah well I have to do all those things too pal, but I was still generally aware of what was going on in European football 2 years ago. I mean if you'd spent any time on here you'd have seen people talking about him as lots of United fans wanted him here when he left Ajax.

:) Fair play to you mate, outside of United I largely don't have the time nor the desire to pay much attention to football in general. I spent loads of time on here 2 years ago. Though I tend to ignore I wish we would sign xyz muppet type posts.

PS was it Holland?

Status
Not open for further replies.