Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he’s bang average on this level, heavily prone to injuries and quite frankly, I can’t stand him, due to his views on homosexuality.
Not good enough for a UCL club? Is that defensively or on the ball or both?

Not good enough for a UCL club? Is that defensively or on the ball or both?
Defensively he’s very suspect and puts in far too little work in my eyes. I think he’s best utilised in a setup that allows him to utilise his great technique without having to put in too much defensive work. There’s few clubs where this is possible.

Wish we were keeping AWB.

Does seem somewhat risky giving Mazraoui a 5+1 year deal if he is injury prone.

I'm just basing this off compilation videos but he looks like he's lost a yard of pace due to his injuries, too.

Bayern-fan here with some thoughts:
In general, the opinion on Mazraoui is mixed among Bayern-fans, but i think its safe to say, the majority wont be too sad that he is leaving (also because we could use the money, frankly).

When thinking about him, i also have mixed toughts. On the one hand he has some nice strengths: technical gifted for a fullback, his build-up/passing is good, he can be solid defensively. This showed when Maz had some good games against strong opponents in the CL.
But on the other hand, he had some very poor games, when even against lesser sides his flank was completly open (I remember Tuchel going crazy). Beside inconsistency his most glaring weakness is physicality imo. I see his injury proness often metioned: It's not only that, but he takes long to come back fully, and even when he is suppossed to be fit, he is one of the first players to be gassed.

Mazraoui is a mixed bag, let's see which one you will get; having Ten Hag as a coach will certainly benefit him.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Defensively he’s very suspect and puts in far too little work in my eyes. I think he’s best utilised in a setup that allows him to utilise his great technique without having to put in too much defensive work. There’s few clubs where this is possible.
I think in the PL we have about 15 or so fixtures where we don't really need to worry about defending much but could do with someone more attacking. Dalot then takes care of the rest and, at least, his fitness is reliable.

Thanks for the info! Hmm mixed bag then, but he can cover both flanks right?

He’s going to be second choice anyway so not too risky.

I wish we know who pushed for this guy given all of the obvious downsides to the transfer. Props if it works out, pitchforks if it doesn't.

Yes, to a good level as well. Similar to both Cancelo and Dalot imo.
Yes, he is definitely able to play LB on a good level. He can be very good going forward and average defensively.

My biggest grip with him (ignoring his „personal views“) is, that he chose his national team over his club and health. All in all he won’t be missed by many.

Yes, he is definitely able to play LB on a good level. He can be very good going forward and average defensively.

My biggest grip with him (ignoring his „personal views“) is, that he chose his national team over his club and health. All in all he won’t be missed by many.
He'll fit right in alongside our first choice LB then.

Yeah, I get your viewpoint about him.

I think the price we are paying for him reflects that 1. Bayern didn't mind selling him in a situation where they're forced to get rid of a few high earners, and 2. he's a bit of a gamble where United probably feel they need to "fix him" in order for the deal to turn out to be worth it in the long-term, but that's mostly going to be about his injuries. Maybe Ineos have a surprise for us regarding the medical department. I'm cautiously optimistic not just about Mazraoui, but Shaw as well in this regard.

He’s a squad player and a replacement for AWB. Let’s not lose sight of that and judge him accordingly.

The benefit of this deal is he is two footed and can play either side. Technically solid and good on the ball. Will offer more to the squad than AWB and has more quality on the ball going forward.

Shaw and Dalot will be first choice, Malacia and Mazraoui deputising, Amass as a youth option. Looks good to me.

If we could get Lindeloff sold I would love to see him get the no.2 jersey.

He’s a squad player and a replacement for AWB. Let’s not lose sight of that and judge him accordingly.

The benefit of this deal is he is two footed and can play either side. Technically solid and good on the ball. Will offer more to the squad than AWB and has more quality on the ball going forward.

Shaw and Dalot will be first choice, Malacia and Mazraoui deputising, Amass as a youth option. Looks good to me.
Good post but this kind of sensible decision making will take time for the United fans to get used to. We are so used to going after ‘winning the window’ and making the marquee signing that makes everyone jealous that this kind of deal makes people uneasy.

As Ten Hag has said, we need to raise the floor of the squad. This signing is exactly that. Making sure that if we need to play him, there is not a huge adjustment on the playing style compared to our starting XI.

Can we buy Maignan next summer?

Maignan - Mazraoui Maguire Martínez Malacia

MaMaMaMaMa

He's a decent player and he is quite versatile. Unfortunately he's injury prone and that worries me

Good post but this kind of sensible decision making will take time for the United fans to get used to. We are so used to going after ‘winning the window’ and making the marquee signing that makes everyone jealous that this kind of deal makes people uneasy.

As Ten Hag has said, we need to raise the floor of the squad. This signing is exactly that. Making sure that if we need to play him, there is not a huge adjustment on the playing style compared to our starting XI.
Absolutely agree with you. Good business, fair price. He’s also good enough to push Dalot.

Agreed.

Can we buy Maignan next summer?

Maignan - Mazraoui Maguire Martínez Malacia

MaMaMaMaMa

Mainoo just in front

With Manuel Ugarte
With Mason mount as the 3rd midfielder and Marcus on the left, A-Mad on the right. Start with Amad’s name first then to sort out this little issue. Only striker dilemma left now.

MaMa

aMaMaMa​

Edit - Wait, signed our new striker, chido obi MA-rtin just for that.:cool:

Excellent signing in terms of squad building. He won’t improve the “first xi” per se, but that wasn’t really the point. What he will do is give us an excellent and versatile option in both full back positions, meaning we have actual strength in depth there for the first time in ages. Most importantly, he’s stylistically suited to our team, meaning when he does come in, we aren’t getting a completely different type of player that changes the way we approach the game, like AWB did.

He’s good enough to challenge Dalot for his spot in the team, which is a good thing. I don’t think he’s going to displace Dalot but it means we can rotate without levels dropping. The fact he’s two footed and comfortable on both sides is a huge plus. He’ll get lots of minutes this season, and offers something extra going forwards. The price is fantastic. I would’ve preferred Kadioglu, but he’d have been 17-18m more, and it’s a plus that he’s familiar with the manager and of course familiar with De Ligt.

A sensible transfer all round. Well done to our new executive management team.

With Mason mount as the 3rd midfielder and Marcus on the left, A-Mad on the right. Start with Amad’s name first then to sort out this little issue. Only striker dilemma left now.

MaMa

aMaMaMa​

Edit - Wait, signed our new striker, chido obi MA-rtin just for that.:cool:

5 + 1 offer for Martial on a free, here we go!

He's basically replacing Malacia who doesn't exist so good signing based on that

He's basically replacing Malacia who doesn't exist so good signing based on that
Yeah, he provides good cover for both sides. AWB leaving, and no young RB coming through, means another RB was a necessity.

The left side is trickier as we have three on the books - Shaw, Malacia, Amass - so bringing in a fourth shouldn't be a priority; but with them all having either injury / inexperience issues, then we do need someone else who can also play there this season, until we assess next summer what's happenings with those other three.

Mazraoui looks a sensible addition for all that - though the fact he's also had some injury issues is a worry.

That's it. Wan-Bissaka has his qualities, but they don't particularly fit how Ten Hag wants to play.

Because he’s bang average on this level, heavily prone to injuries and quite frankly, I can’t stand him, due to his views on homosexuality.

He's made homophobic comments?

Did he apologise?

What many miss is.

AWB was on his last year-leg contract, and the club DID NOT WANT to renew his contract.
It was either AWB leaves now, or we renew his contract, if not he leaves on free next next year.

So a like for like replacement was needed, on probably the same amount of money, and if we would squeeze higher quality player with probably higher experience and right age.

The club has done excellent piece of business in this. Just make sure he is fit for 80% of the season, then it will be a success transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.