Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I would agree with that logic when it came to signings like Antony, Malacia and Weghourst, I don't think it can apply here because De Ligt and Mazroui are two very good players available at a cut price that I think many teams would be interested in.

As someone who has watched Bayern, I'd be delighted with these two signings if we pull it off. Only concern for Mazraoui is his inquiry record but if he can stay fit he'd be a really good player to have at RB.

DeLigt is a very good player granted and Mazraoui will only be a squad option. So I'm not worried about their ability, it's just a bit worrying that given his record that Ten Hag still seems to be steering the transfer ship. Out of all his Dutch/Ex Ajax/Ex player signings I don't know if we can say any of them have been a total success.

Martinez is the closest yet he's had quite a few injury set-backs. And Mazraoui and DeLigt both seem injury prone to be fair. There's a reason they're both available for a relatively cheap price.

Exceptions have never disproved rules.
I would hardly say that all Ajax players are United quality. Van der Sar, absolutely, Stam, yes. Blind was decent, but definitely not a legend by any means. Jury is out on Onana. Martinez has been good for one season, injured far too much so far. Zlatan was at the end of his career, same with Eriksen. Then you have the Antony and Donny…

You would be hard pressed to say that’s a definitive trend.

Nuance. Nobody is saying all Ajax players are trash. We’re saying it’s worrisome that we seem to be buying players that Ten Hag has coached before given his track record in transfers has been weak.

Edit: Stam played for Ajax after us, we bought him from PSV. So, even though he was good for us, one less in the “great” category. Both RVN and Stam were PSV, so does that mean all players that we buy from PSV become United legends?

Last edited:
It's difficult to judge him on anything else, in a United shirt at least. You can only impress when given the opportunity.
Exactly. That’s why I’m withholding judgement until he has a full season under his belt.

I would hardly say that all Ajax players are United quality. Van der Sar, absolutely, Stam, yes. Blind was decent, but definitely not a legend by any means. Jury is out on Onana. Martinez has been good for one season, injured far too much so far. Zlatan was at the end of his career, same with Eriksen. Then you have the Antony and Donny…

Nuance. Nobody is saying all Ajax players are trash. We’re saying it’s worrisome that we seem to be buying players that Ten Hag has coached before given his track record in transfers has been weak.

Edit: Stam played for Ajax after us, we bought him from PSV. So, even though he was good for us, one less in the “great” category. Both RVN and Stam were PSV, so does that mean all players that we buy from PSV become United legends?

We’ve a similar or better hit rate with PSV players than Ajax. Stam and Ruud were world class. Edwin from the Ajax bunch and possibly Martinez are the only ones who could claim to be world class. Onana will hopefully be a lot more confident this sesson. His top level is very good his bottom is disastrous. I think De Ligt can definitely be world class or at the very least a top PL defender for years to come.

Prime Dalot is one of the best rightbacks in the league. Mazraoui is not better than him.

With that said, there might be some kind of weird connection between them. Never underestimate the power of the bromance.
Dont think he is coming in to be a starter. The fact he can cover both fullback positions along with good technique and worked well in ETH system in the past makes him a good option. Could be a great deal on the cheap for us.

Young player is not trusted by manager of loan club. Shock horror
He went to Sunderland and was trusted by the manager, and did very well at Championship level; which is in my opinion a better level than the Scottish top flight. Not sure what you point is; he was still poor at Rangers which was my original point to the poster who said Antony’s best is worse than Amad’s worst which is ludicrous. Antony scored against Liverpool and Barcelona, he was selected for the Brazil WC squad. I still don’t think it’ll work at Utd, he doesn’t have what’s needed to succeed and should be sold but to say that Amad’s spell at Rangers was better than his best performances is juvenile.

He went to Sunderland and was trusted by the manager, and did very well at Championship level; which is in my opinion a better level than the Scottish top flight. Not sure what you point is; he was still poor at Rangers which was my original point to the poster who said Antony’s best is worse than Amad’s worst which is ludicrous. Antony scored against Liverpool and Barcelona, he was selected for the Brazil WC squad. I still don’t think it’ll work at Utd, he doesn’t have what’s needed to succeed and should be sold but to say that Amad’s spell at Rangers was better than his best performances is juvenile.
Oh ok I get you now. Agreed.
I was simply saying that the time at rangers was not just his fault, the manager did little to support him and develop him, whereas the Sunderland manager clearly did

Prime Dalot is one of the best rightbacks in the league. Mazraoui is not better than him.

With that said, there might be some kind of weird connection between them. Never underestimate the power of the bromance.
You just said ‘Prime Dalot.’ Does the rest of the league know about this guy? :D

I understand us signing him now, but we have to consider that Frimpong would be available next summer for 50m, can't we hold on for that?

We’ve a similar or better hit rate with PSV players than Ajax. Stam and Ruud were world class. Edwin from the Ajax bunch and possibly Martinez are the only ones who could claim to be world class. Onana will hopefully be a lot more confident this sesson. His top level is very good his bottom is disastrous. I think De Ligt can definitely be world class or at the very least a top PL defender for years to come.
Ji Sung Park was bought from PSV too! Then there is Memphis…

I understand us signing him now, but we have to consider that Frimpong would be available next summer for 50m, can't we hold on for that?
Frimpong plays RWB, sometimes RW. He might well still be able to play as a more balanced RB, but seeing as he's excelled as a WB with a back 3, it doesn't seem very wise to spend 50m on him.

Besides, that's still 50m we have to spend on a player who might end up playing second fiddle to Dalot. There are better ways to use that money.

I very very much doubt whether Frimpong (great player) is suitable as a RB in a back four.. To my knowledge he has never played this role for NL or Leverkusen.. Mazraoui is perfectly capable for that though..

Oh ok I get you now. Agreed.
I was simply saying that the time at rangers was not just his fault, the manager did little to support him and develop him, whereas the Sunderland manager clearly did
Agreed, Mowbray is a fantastic manager at blooding young players. Hopefully the new regime will put a little more thought into where the best youth players go on loan moving forward; as it can make or break a career.

Reactions: golden_blunder
Agreed, Mowbray is a fantastic manager at blooding young players. Hopefully the new regime will put a little more thought into where the best youth players go on loan moving forward; as it can make or break a career.
Presumably now with Ineos and their multi-club ownership, we'll be using Nice and Lausanne as primary loan options, and then obviously Sunderland as a Championship option too.

You are forgetting Buttner :lol:

If it wasn't for Memphis - yes! (Park, RVN and Stam all have differing claims of being United legends)

I would hardly say that all Ajax players are United quality.
Not the point. It's safe to say the majority they produce are. History and the present is littered with evidence. So worrying every time a player from their structure is a target is strange no matter how you dress it up.

Nuance my foot. The initial excuse was always "It seems all ETH knows are players he has trained and its his fault they haven't worked". Yet frankly only Martinez, Antony and Onana were ever his players of all his signings. Even the supposed "poverty" of his targets is debatable. Which is neither here nor there.

However, now even with transfers out his hands with Berrada, Ashworth and Wilcox in charge. Y'all are STILL trying to dress it up like its a new reason you have 'worries"...

so does that mean all players that we buy from PSV become United legends?
Obviously not. Same way getting Depay didn't work doesn't automatically equate to automatic worrying any time we target or purchase a PSV player. That should go without saying...

Nah, this needs to stop as it's getting disrespectful. €19.5m total package was agreed with West Ham, and it's at least €25m for Manchester United now. We need to tell them to take a hike. How the hell did he get 6 million euros more expensive since 11 days ago?

Dumfries or mazraoui ? Who would you choose from the pair?

100% Dumfries.

A very strong, tall, physical beast, dependable (better injury record) and consistent and he can score headers and whip in a great cross in the box.

Not the point. It's safe to say the majority they produce are. History and the present is littered with evidence. So worrying every time a player from their structure is a target is strange no matter how you dress it up.
The majority of players Ajax produce are United quality? I'd argue that's not safe to say actually. In fact, I'd argue that's lunacy.

The majority of players Ajax produce are United quality? I'd argue that's not safe to say actually. In fact, I'd argue that's lunacy.
No surprise there. People ignorant of factual history tend to label what they don't know lunacy. Its your fault alone you do not know Ajax Amsterdam has historically consistently produced world class talents and world class performers that have been ubiquitous in top leagues and top teams for decades. Yet please feel free to enjoy your "worry" every time you come across an Ajax player. ....

No surprise there. People ignorant of factual history tend to label what they don't know lunacy. Its your fault alone you do not know Ajax Amsterdam has historically consistently produced world class talents and world class performers that have been ubiquitous in top leagues and top teams for decades. Yet please feel free to enjoy your "worry" every time you come across an Ajax player. ....
Please learn the definition of "majority".

If the majority of players United produce aren't going to be United quality (nothing wrong with that btw - just the way academies work by definition), what makes you think the majority of players Ajax produce will be?

I can't help but feel he won't give us the jump in quality we need.

I understand people getting excited with a shiny new player, someone who fits our new attacking profile etc but that isn't enough.

Fitting our style of play doesn't equate to being very good at it.

He's been at Munich for two seasons now and obviously hasn't impressed there, Bayern no longer want him and no other clubs seem to be showing any interest.

It just feels like another ex Ajax players ETH feels comfortable working with who is below the standard needed.

It just feels like another ex Ajax players ETH feels comfortable working with who is below the standard needed.

Absolutely, but dont forget, this is the key part of the puzzle needed to unlock Antony.

We cant judge the team until all the pieces are in place. All 11 of them.

Nah, this needs to stop as it's getting disrespectful. €19.5m total package was agreed with West Ham, and it's at least €25m for Manchester United now. We need to tell them to take a hike. How the hell did he get 6 million euros more expensive since 11 days ago?

If the reports are true Bayern are being bellends yeah. Why would we have to pay 25% more than what West Ham agreed with them? Ridiculous. I'd rather we walked away.

If the reports are true Bayern are being bellends yeah. Why would we have to pay 25% more than what West Ham agreed with them? Ridiculous. I'd rather we walked away.

Are you seriously asking why a players price goes up when more than one club are interested?

Are you seriously asking why a players price goes up when more than one club are interested?
Did you miss the bit where they already had accepted the West Ham bid? It's not like they rejected their bid and were looking for more then.

Status
Not open for further replies.