Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of annoyed about why we didn’t go for Couto (for the similar amount being quoted) instead of him, I guess we’re really waiting for Wan Bissaka’s exit.

Last edited:
Kind of annoyed why we didn’t go for Couto (for the similar amount being quoted) instead of him, I guess we’re really waiting for Wan Bissaka’s exit.
You mean the Couto owned by City? That Couto?

Last edited:
Haha yes, I know it’s dealing with a “rival” and that complicates things a bit, but we could’ve (and I hope we did) tried - he’s another great prospect.
undercooking things there

Haha yes, I know it’s dealing with a “rival” and that complicates things a bit, but we could’ve (and I hope we did) tried - he’s another great prospect.
I'm sorry pal, but they'd have either laughed us out the building or added a 0 to the asking price.

Either way, it was never happening.

Perhaps, these deals have happened before. I do think we would have tried if AWB was sold, Omar/Wilcox joining us may have helped with this too. No point crying over spilt milk now anyway.
When did city and United or United and Liverpool last willingly do a player transfer directly with each other?

When did city and United or United and Liverpool last willingly do a player transfer directly with each other?

Of course there’d be a few grumblings, but I’d like for us to have given it a go even if it was a long shot?

I won't comment further on this here given this is the Mazraoui thread.

What an uninspiring signing this is.

Said elsewhere.. If I were the recruitment of United and watched last season. 1A on any potential signings would be that they have good injury records. And that would be a priority for 2 years at least until we started to shift some of the injury prone players out (Shaw, Lindelof etc)

I can't see how a player with such a poor injury record has passed 3 vetos.
I'd assume he's passed these vetos because our recruitment team have more access to his injury history, and the exact nature of the injuries, than we do, when all we can do is look at transfermarkt for the headlines. Got to assume that Ashworth/Berrada etc know what they're doing and trust their judgement

not very excited by this signing, Mazraoui is very often injured and it doesn't feel like he can be up for PL level

might be in the minority here, but I don't have a huge issue with this. He's way more attacking than AWB and is capable of playing on both sides, so I don't mind him being the backup for both Dalot and Shaw.

might be in the minority here, but I don't have a huge issue with this. He's way more attacking than AWB and is capable of playing on both sides, so I don't mind him being the backup for both Dalot and Shaw.
Mazraoui can also play in both sides, he played LB with Bayern and the national team but when he does so he's not attacking at all.

He is great at RB, has the skills of a holding midfielder (he started his career in this position) and can go both inside and outside the right forward. He has a high footballing IQ, which is something that i feel is lacking a bit in this otherwise good side. Many players seem unable to understand tactical instructions and then put them into play consistently.

Dalot gets it however, so you now will have 2 players for 1 position who gets it. Anyway..

He is great at RB, has the skills of a holding midfielder (he started his career in this position) and can go both inside and outside the right forward. He has a high footballing IQ, which is something that i feel is lacking a bit in this otherwise good side. Many players seem unable to understand tactical instructions and then put them into play consistently.

Dalot gets it however, so you now will have 2 players for 1 position who gets it. Anyway..
He played LB a lot at Ajax, he was one of their best players and they never really managed to replace him even now. His injury record isn’t great, but he’s one of the best FB’s in the world and can play on both flanks effectively.

As a backup to Dalot that’s fine. Hopefully he stays healthy. Far better suited to ETHs setup than AWB

Dont think his injury concerns are such a big problem if he is brought to be a backup player , and the fact he can step in on both sides is just excellent

Injury record aside (which is obviously very important) it does feel this ticks the boxes in providing better right back competition and cover at left back which shouldn’t significantly impact Amass’ long term development.

He played LB a lot at Ajax, he was one of their best players and they never really managed to replace him even now. His injury record isn’t great, but he’s one of the best FB’s in the world and can play on both flanks effectively.
He never played left back for us... We had Tagliafico Blind and Martinez who played there during his time at Ajax.. He mainly plays left back for Marocco as they have Hakimi on the right..

He is a real intelligent and technically gifted player. I think he is a very good squad option who can compete for the starting XI, but his fitness record is a valid concern I'd argue..

not very excited by this signing, Mazraoui is very often injured and it doesn't feel like he can be up for PL level
He's a better player than AWB, but what's the point if you are unavailable.

His biggest advantage besides his high technical level, is his ability to play on both flanks.

He never played left back for us... We had Tagliafico Blind and Martinez who played there during his time at Ajax.. He mainly plays left back for Marocco as they have Hakimi on the right..

He is a real intelligent and technically gifted player. I think he is a very good squad option who can compete for the starting XI, but his fitness record is a valid concern I'd argue..
Its always nice getting fans who have actually watched a player give us a real insight.

Where was that guy hiding the last seasons?

Mazraoui can also play in both sides, he played LB with Bayern and the national team but when he does so he's not attacking at all.
I haven't watched him for Bayern or Morocco, but for Ajax he was an extremely attacking fullback. He was really, really good as well actually. I do really wonder, apart from staying fit, if he won't be exposed physically. He isn't the quickest, nor the strongest, so I wonder if that wont cause troubles. Technically, he is elite for a fullback

Caf people hyping him up only to moan about the signing a few months later. He's a better backup than AWB, so I'm okay with that transfer, but he is not "one of the best FBs in the world". The fact Bayern signed another RB last winter and is happy to let him go this summer for under 20m says a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.