Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mazraoui has missed 89 games over the past 5 years to Aarons 44 games in 5 years. 21 of those games was last season for Aaron. We needed amrabat and Reguilon to fill in because of Aarons injuries. Aarons 30 games last season were not enough for cover.

Yes there is a budget but this move is based on the short term. Its better to let Aarons contract run down and actually allocate a budget fot 2 fullbacks next summer. Instead of handing out a 5 year contract, possibly worth 130k a week to Mazraoui.

Vanderson and Kadıoğlu could still be available next summer. We would probably pay them a combined 160-200k. But we will make the big risk for short term gains.

Is AWS the best friend from your childhood? Or do you just like writing the word Aaron?

AWB and Mazraoui have missed a similar number of games in their career. We need a backup fullback to play both flanks. He likely isn't going to play more than 30 games.

We also have a budget, and out of all the names, he is by far the cheapest one.

Im not opposed to alternatives, I would rather Kadıoğlu. But my point still stands, we need a player who can fill a certain role and Mazroaui is one of the best options for that role.

Yeah gutted we didn't go all in for Kadioglu and Vanderson but clearly haven't the funds this year

Why a 5-year contract? I'd prefer us signing a young RB next summer or the one after, someone like Fresneda of Sporting.

5yr contract probably to spread the cost of the deal out on the books over the max time period allowed by ffp

20m fee over 5 years should be 4m/yr value against our accounts vs 5m/yr if we did a 4yr deal or 6.6m/yr for a 3yr deal.

Probably current focus is to get us maximum flexibility for spend in next few transfer windows

30M full back could give us a full season, based on that we have accepted to get half a season from him as we are paying only 15M :)

On a serious note, AWB improved a lot on ball recently and he is till one of the best in 1-2-1 situations, so it would be nice if we target far better players in that position OR focus on fixing other more desired areas like CM/CD

What's this about?

Nothing really. He was against genocide and is muslim, so now apparently he's an antisemite and homophobe.

Back to football, he's a better footballer than AWB. With AWB, we can never play modern football, playing out from the back. Most teams target AWB, as he is our weak link on the ball. So I'm really happy with this signing, his numbers against AWB are night and day. He might even bench Dalot.

Just stay fit.

I'm a bit shocked how negative people are about him. I can half-understand the injury record, but we aren't signing him to be first choice.
To say he's a downgrade on AWB is quite ludicrous.

I don't think anyone is negative about him as a player - we are negative about a player who has played 184 matches in his last 6 seasons. Luke Shaw in comparison has played 209

Yeah gutted we didn't go all in for Kadioglu and Vanderson but clearly haven't the funds this year

I don't think he would cost much more than Mazraoui when transfer + salary is combined, as he won't demand the higher salary that Mazraoui will. Might have a higher transfer fee, but definitely a lower salary, maybe even half of what Mazraoui will get.

Mazraoui has missed 89 games over the past 5 years to Aarons 44 games in 5 years. 21 of those games was last season for Aaron. We needed amrabat and Reguilon to fill in because of Aarons injuries. Aarons 30 games last season were not enough for cover.

Yes there is a budget but this move is based on the short term. Its better to let Aarons contract run down and actually allocate a budget fot 2 fullbacks next summer. Instead of handing out a 5 year contract, possibly worth 130k a week to Mazraoui.

Vanderson and Kadıoğlu could still be available next summer. We would probably pay them a combined 160-200k. But we will make the big risk for short term gains.
Why is it better to let his contract run down? Selling AWB now and buying Mazraoui would probably cost United about £5m net. Waiting til next year and buying Vanderson and Kadioglu would cost something like £60-£70M. We already have a starting RB in Dalot that doesn't need replacing, we need cover for both LB and RB, which Mazraoui would provide.

30M full back could give us a full season, based on that we have accepted to get half a season from him as we are paying only 15M :)

On a serious note, AWB improved a lot on ball recently and he is till one of the best in 1-2-1 situations, so it would be nice if we target far better players in that position OR focus on fixing other more desired areas like CM/CD
I wish people would stop saying that. AWB being excellent in one on one doesn't make him a great defender. Football is long past the defend deep tactics and iso's.

AWB has poor awareness and positioning, especially in the box. He has been a liability in that respect and when coupled with his minimal contribution going forward makes him a bad fit for a progressive attacking side or at least a top half club.

If we are to become that we need to shed him ASAP.

First time I’m doubting our new set up.

This guy is such a downgrade on AWB.

I don't think anyone is negative about him as a player - we are negative about a player who has played 184 matches in his last 6 seasons. Luke Shaw in comparison has played 209

It was really in response to the first guy, but you’ll see a few similar posts prior to that too.

Why is it better to let his contract run down? Selling AWB now and buying Mazraoui would probably cost United about £5m net. Waiting til next year and buying Vanderson and Kadioglu would cost something like £60-£70M. We already have a starting RB in Dalot that doesn't need replacing, we need cover for both LB and RB, which Mazraoui would provide.

Common sense is a rare thing on the Cafe.

With this deal we would increase the quality in depth and still wouldn't spend a lot of money.

But it's nonetheless very risky if our plan is to go into the season with 1 solid FB, 2 very injury prone FBs and one we haven't even heard about for over a year. I can understand concerns about this deal.

Maybe the thinking behind is, that we can't fill the holes in our squad in one transfer window anyway. So we leave spaces in the squad for our best youth prospects like Amass.

It is first time i am into this thread. And I think United shall go for this player instead.

Odilon Kossounou from Bayer Leverkusen and Ivory Coast:

Birth : 04.Jan.2001
Club: Bayer Leverkusen
Nation: Ivory Coast

Why shall United buy Odilon Kossounou instead of Noussair Mazraoui ?:

+ Kossounou is 3-4 years younger than Mazraoui and lesser injury history
+ He is more athlete and physical stronger. Kossounou is a physical machine. A beast
+ Kossounou can play CB and will be a CB option beside being a RB too.
Kossounou was playing CB for Ivory Coast in African Nation Cup earlier in 2024

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Odilon_Kossounou

+ Odilon Kossounou is a winner. His trophy history
- 2 times Belgian champion : 19/20
- 1 double with Bayer Leverkusen 23/24
- African Nation cup winner over Nigeria 2024

https://www.transfermarkt.com/odilon-kossounou/erfolge/spieler/644771

United better buy a winner. Buy a player with really good fate. There are reasons why you win so much right = winner head. He is a winner

Visual description :

With the injury of Leny Yoro. A physical beast/athlete and winner like Kossounou makes really sense

Market value : 35 mill euros

Sum up :
Buy Odil Kossounou as a RB and CB solution and option.
Keep Bissaka
Move Dalot over as LB option = no new left back.

Line up with Odil Kossounou:

Kossounou/Bissaka + Yoro/Kossounou/Maguire + Martinez/Yoro/Lindelof/Evans + Shaw/Dalot/Malacia/Amass

It is not random with Kossounou trophy collection. When you win everywhere you play. Like Zlatan back in days. In Belgia, Germany and African Nation. Then the signs and path Kossounou is on. I think it is a lot of hard work, dedication % determination, drive, passion and willing/guts behind it.

With Kossounou he will strenght the XI and add more to the squad depth. 100 %

We need cover for lb and rb thats obvious but you dont buy an injury prone player as cover. Apparently we played 6 different players at lb last season and thats with awb putting 30 games of his own. At some point in the season i wouldnt be surprised to see a player who isnt an rb/lb turn up for us in one of the fullback positions.

Why is everyone glossing over his injury record? Over the past 5 years shaw has missed 96 games and Mazraoui comes in at a cool 89 over the past 5 years. For more context Martial missed 77 games in that time frame and he is considered a crock.

So yes for me its better to let awb run down his contract and get a proper player next season than to give this guy a 5 year contract.

We need cover for lb and rb thats obvious but you dont buy an injury prone player as cover. Apparently we played 6 different players at lb last season and thats with awb putting 30 games of his own. At some point in the season i wouldnt be surprised to see a player who isnt an rb/lb turn up for us in one of the fullback positions.

Why is everyone glossing over his injury record? Over the past 5 years shaw has missed 96 games and Mazraoui comes in at a cool 89 over the past 5 years. For more context Martial missed 77 games in that time frame and he is considered a crock.

So yes for me its better to let awb run down his contract and get a proper player next season than to give this guy a 5 year contract.
People are not glossing over his injury record, every other post in here is saying how injury prone he is. The fact is though, AWB missed more games than Mazraoui through injury last season, so maybe the management/recruitment team are aware of that and see the £5m net spend as a worthwhile risk, given how Mazraoui would be able to provide the attacking support we're clearly looking fro from our FBs.

It is first time i am into this thread. And I think United shall go for this player instead.

+ He is more athlete and physical stronger. Kossounou is a physical machine. A beast

United better buy a winner. Buy a player with really good fate. There are reasons why you win so much right = winner head. He is a winner

Visual description :

With the injury of Leny Yoro. A physical beast/athlete and winner like Kossounou makes really sense

Sum up :
Keep Bissaka

Kossounou/Bissaka + Yoro/Kossounou/Maguire + Martinez/Yoro/Lindelof/Evans + Shaw/Dalot/Malacia/Amass

It is not random with Kossounou trophy collection. When you win everywhere you play. Like Zlatan back in days. In Belgia, Germany and African Nation. Then the signs and path Kossounou is on. I think it is a lot of hard work, dedication % determination, drive, passion and willing/guts behind it.

Bend over Leverkusen, you're overlords will take Tah, and we'll have Koussonou!

That's not a signing for this window, I feel. When Maguire is out of contract and we can defend higher up the pitch, maybe. There's about 6 players we could have off them to improve us, based off last season, if only we had the money, and Koussonou if about 3/4th on that list for me.

Visual description :

Sum up :
Keep Bissaka

Excellent player. He'd cost a lot more than Mazraoui, though, so probably not a goer for this summer.

Because Mazraoui is like the last RB in the world.
Thats for the club to decide bro. Not me or you.

Was Yoro the last CB in the world for United to sign him as 18 year old + 1 year left in his contract for over 50m? The club decided it's him, so people need to chill out.

The club will do what it deems as okay and true value for the club. We are in good hands now as a football club.

People want a 20m RB who will be better than AWB :lol: when AWB himself is a 50M player.

Thats for the club to decide bro. Not me or you. The club decided it's him, so people need to chill out.

The club will do what it deems as okay and true value for the club. We are in good hands now as a football club.
Well that defeats the whole purpose of having a discussion forum.

Some posters have fair concerns on his injury record and the length of the contract. Not to mention that he was already on a pretty high salary at Bayern.

Very sensible talk. He is coming to provide cover across the defence

There could be better options next year, like Michael Kayode. We'll probably watch him go to City next year while we 'fill a hole' now.

There could be better options next year, like Michael Kayode. We'll probably watch him go to City next year while we 'fill a hole' now.
The point being AWB is on his final year so we need to sell him now or we lose him for free. Do you propose we sell him and not replace him as a backup RB. Or lose him for free? Those are the only two options. Dalot was great last season and quite possibly may only get better. Starting RB is very low on our issue list.

Yikes. He's missed more games that Shaw. And I thought Shaw was bad.

What is this transfer all about? Selling AWB and paying additional money for this guy doesn’t really sound like a good idea.

Thats for the club to decide bro. Not me or you.

Was Yoro the last CB in the world for United to sign him as 18 year old + 1 year left in his contract for over 50m? The club decided it's him, so people need to chill out.

People want a 20m RB who will be better than AWB :lol: when AWB himself is a 50M player.

AWB is not a £50m player just like Antony isn’t a £85m player.

Last season: Everyone is injured.
Pre-season: Yoro gets injured.
Upcoming season: Let’s buy another injury prone player.

One positive is he played a very specific role for Eth which he has struggled to replicate here - he was basically a midfielder in the build up at Ajax. Dalot has struggled when we have tried to use the 3-2 build up. This guy is natural for that from either full back position.

Visual description :

Sum up :
Keep Bissaka

There is absolutely no way Koussonou would be worth 35m euros.

Last season: Everyone is injured.
Pre-season: Yoro gets injured.
Upcoming season: Let’s buy another injury prone player.
Said elsewhere.. If I were the recruitment of United and watched last season. 1A on any potential signings would be that they have good injury records. And that would be a priority for 2 years at least until we started to shift some of the injury prone players out (Shaw, Lindelof etc)

I can't see how a player with such a poor injury record has passed 3 vetos.

Status
Not open for further replies.