Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if this goes through we'll have paid the best part of £200m for Martinez, Antony, Onana and this guy.

Could have probably got all 4 for about £70m in 2022 with a bit of forward thinking (2 being free).

The 5 year contract is criminal for a player than can’t play more than 20 league games per season. I’d rather we promote some academy players than wasting our budget on this guy.

Does selling Mazraoui for more help Bayern more? As they got him for free and are selling him for profit now, whereas de Ligt was bought for 65m and they're gonna receive a bit more than half that, realistically.

From Bayern's FFP perspective it might be better to do the two deals in the way you described.
That's my back of the fag packet accountant view, but no idea if that is the case. The biggest thing they need to shift if De Ligts wages and the bigger the profit on Mazraoui, they can offset on the de ligt transfer. Also giving Mazraoui a potential 5 year deal looks like we're stretching a modest fee out over a long time.

All guesswork, but would make a lot of sense.

The 5 year contract is criminal for a player than can’t play more than 20 league games per season. I’d rather we promote some academy players than wasting our budget on this guy.
We don’t have any strong right backs coming through the academy who could play the men’s game at this point.

So if this goes through we'll have paid the best part of £200m for Martinez, Antony, Onana and this guy.

Could have probably got all 4 for about £70m in 2022 with a bit of forward thinking (2 being free).
Mazraoui and Onana had already agreed to join other clubs prior to ten Hag joining us.

Like who?

We don’t have any strong right backs coming through the academy who could play the men’s game at this point.
Yep, that's definitely the case.

There's some decent enough players coming through in other positions, but RB (and CB) don't have any that in any way look the required level.

Perfect example of that is the friendlies so far - Ogunneye, who was the young RB selected for Rosenborg and Rangers, really struggled. And at youth levels the likes of him and Kamason haven't really stood out. So for the US Tour, we haven't even taken any of the young RB's. With Scanlon, a midfielder, playing there - and also struggling and costing us the key goal.

It's just not a position that we've got anyone coming through in the U18's or U21's that looks close to PL level. Unlike Amass at LB.

Wow, clutching at straws to beat the club down. Get over it, hindsight 20-20 arguments such as this never really accomplish anything. The club has a revamped structure, so it’s safe to say things are changing and heading in the right direction.

The 5 year deals seem standard for us for new permanent signings.

Hojlund, Onana and Mount all signed some last summer and Yoro, Zirkzee have as well this summer.

Didn't hear so much fuss over contract length last year

Inter and Onana had a verbal agreement in place as far back as July 2021. And they had him basically wrapped up by September. Ole was still manager then. He was also serving a 6 month ban from football during that time. It's a bit steep to criticize the club for not getting him back then.

Yep, that's definitely the case.

There's some decent enough players coming through in other positions, but RB (and CB) don't have any that in any way look the required level.

Perfect example of that is the friendlies so far - Ogunneye, who was the young RB selected for Rosenborg and Rangers, really struggled. And at youth levels the likes of him and Kamason haven't really stood out. So for the US Tour, we haven't even taken any of the young RB's. With Scanlon, a midfielder, playing there - and also struggling and costing us the key goal.

It's just not a position that we've got anyone coming through in the U18's or U21's that looks close to PL level. Unlike Amass at LB.
It's a shame as it's a really good role in modern football and a clever player would see that opportunity to have a pathway to the first team at United and also a career in the game.

Inter and Onana had a verbal agreement in place as far back as July 2021. And they had him basically wrapped up by September. Ole was still manager then. He was also serving a 6 month ban from football during that time. It's a bit steep to criticize the club for not getting him back then.
Nah its not. We've been run by idiots and now we've got no money.

Besides, I don't even want him.

Correct, Onana was never at any point available to us on a free

I think replacing De Gea should've happened under Ole, but like I said, the club not buying Onana when he was banned from football is an interesting thing to bash the club with.

Like Amass at LB. I don’t know if we have anyone at RB though. But I’d rather we not waste money on a perma crock.

Amass isn't ready - he isn't good enough defensively. And right back ? We don't have a single youth right back anywhere near first-team level

We promote youth players who are ready and good enough. The club would much prefer play youth players than fork out money.

That should tell you that there isn't anyone to play that role this season.

Every time I see your posts it’s always negative. Have you ever said anything good about our club?

Every time I see your posts it’s always negative. Have you ever said anything good about our club?
I'll bet you a fiver the response you get is "when there's something good to say I'll say it," or similar.

I'll bet you a fiver the response you get is "when there's something good to say I'll say it," or similar.
Most likely. The point is, we should all be feeling quite optimistic. We’ve got a new structure and changes are happening quickly. We haven’t had this since I can’t remember when.

Have you ever tried balling the Hoof?
That's actually something you want to avoid in horsecare. Their hooves can 'ball up' in snow, but fitting them with shallow horse shoes can help.

First time I’m doubting our new set up.

This guy is such a downgrade on AWB.

Mazraoui vs Wan Bissaka:
Mazraoui-vs-Wan-Bissaka.jpg

Mazraoui-Passing-Possession.jpg
AWB-Passing-Possession.jpg

Mazraoui-Attacking-Defending.jpg
AWB-Attacking-Defending.jpg

Both players are 26 years old. Mazraoui missed 19 games through injury last season, while Wan Bissaka missed 21. Their technical skills are worlds apart. Mazraoui offers a significant improvement over Wan Bissaka in buildup and progressing the ball up the pitch, whether by passes or carries. Mazraoui is a much more potent weapon in the final third and creates many more chances, through passing, dribbling and pressing the opposition. As we know, Wan Bissaka is a superb tackler and few fullbacks can match him in ground duels.

First time I’m doubting our new set up.

This guy is such a downgrade on AWB.

See above. No he’s not.

Apologies as I'm sure it's been asked but how is his recovery pace and would he help us defend in a higher line
Ah yeah that’s been asked a million times mate keep up

I'm a bit shocked how negative people are about him. I can half-understand the injury record, but we aren't signing him to be first choice.
To say he's a downgrade on AWB is quite ludicrous.

Apologies as I'm sure it's been asked but how is his recovery pace and would he help us defend in a higher line
Recovery pace is definitely not one of his strengths. His strengths are his dribbling and link up play, and he'll regularly get high up the pitch enough that even if he had blistering pace it probably wouldn't matter anyway. He's a technician at right back; not so much an athlete.

I'm a bit shocked how negative people are about him. I can half-understand the injury record, but we aren't signing him to be first choice.
To say he's a downgrade on AWB is quite ludicrous.
Some people just talk rubbish having never seen him play or having no awareness of his stats. He's a very good fullback who will be an upgrade going forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.