Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was something like his national team mate refusing to wear a rainbow armband or rainbow jersey and him officially supporting it on Instagram with words like ‘God is on your side, brother’. And this at a club like Bayern, which has a very liberal fan base. His statements on Palestine were also not so uncontroversial at a club with Jewish roots.... Then he decided to play for his national team again far too quickly instead of properly recovering from his Covid infection. As a result, he was out for Bayern for a long time with an inflammation of the heart muscle. He also had frequent muscle injuries. All of this means that nobody will really miss him. He also came as a free transfer.
Is this not outright anti-semitic? because the club have jewish roots, hes not supposed to support palestine? wtf

He didn't do much, I think he only left a god bless you comment on his national teammate's Instagram who was saying he respects all individuals and wants others to respect his beliefs. The other thing is just a nothing burger and Bayern didn't sanction him, don't forget that's the same club that was celebrating a certain war criminal's 100th birthday not long ago.
Who are you talking about? I seriously don’t know who you mean.

Kissenger, I would have thought.
I assumed it was more recent, so just Googled "people born in 1924." Now I'm wondering why Bayern Munich and all of their fans love Robert Mugabe so much?

Hmm. So we are still signing players based on ETHs demands. Interesting.

I’m curious about how this will pan out. I must say on the positive side for me, Masraoui was one of the players who impressed me the most when watching Ajax under Ten Hag. Watched a few analysis vids of Ajax play back then which really showcased how important he was for their progressionnup the pitch and established play in the last third. For his age then he looked even better than Timber and Licha to me.

I have hardly seen him at Bayern, a surprising move at the time given how they played and the quality of their FB’s then.

I think he’s been solid, but not brilliant when watching him with Morocco.

At his best, he would be a bargain as competition for Dalot and cover for Shaw. At least under Ten Hag. I would think. We replace a player that is a direct contradiction to how we want to play, with one that is directly alligned with it. Tjat has to be positive.

Curious about his health, certainly. What strikes me most on looking at his injury history, is that there are a large number of games that disappeared to unusual stuff like an eye injury, and several episodes of illnesses. He also had several smaller episodes out with minor knocks. If you look past. these ‘non’-repetitive kinds of issues, there still are quite a few minor injuries, but not really consistent, grave issues over time that you wouldn’t expect a bit of with normal players.

So at best, this could be a very shrewd signing, at worst it could be mistimed gamble, albeit for a low fee and only in a back up role.

I was disappointed with this transfer yesterday but after seeing the fee at 15m and depending on the wages, if we don’t pay him over 100k then i think it’s not that bad. As he is decent.

If he’s on something ridiculous like 200k plus then I will go back to being pissed as it will be impossible to move him on if things don’t work out.

So far Ineos have been good on not overpaying wages. But it’s only 2 players. Waiting to see some more signings first. Hopefully the days of 200-300k on average/old players are long gone. Let’s see.

And here I was googling Loriot! :lol:

I didn’t know about Bayern and Kissinger who indeed is a massive idiot and war criminal.
I remember there was a lot floating round about him at the time, but have to say I don't really remember the Bayern link until I googled.
I assumed it was more recent, so just Googled "people born in 1924." Now I'm wondering why Bayern Munich and all of their fans love Robert Mugabe so much?
:lol:. Typical Bayern, always siding with Mugabe.

Is he even better than AWB or Dalot? Can’t say I’ve watched him play.

Never heard of him.

Any good?

Mazraoui vs Wan Bissaka:
Mazraoui-vs-Wan-Bissaka.jpg

Mazraoui-Passing-Possession.jpg
AWB-Passing-Possession.jpg

Mazraoui-Attacking-Defending.jpg
AWB-Attacking-Defending.jpg

Both players are 26 years old. Mazraoui missed 19 games through injury last season, while Wan Bissaka missed 21. Their technical skills are worlds apart. Mazraoui offers a significant improvement over Wan Bissaka in buildup and progressing the ball up the pitch, whether by passes or carries. Mazraoui is a much more potent weapon in the final third and creates many more chances, through passing, dribbling and pressing the opposition. As we know, Wan Bissaka is a superb tackler and few fullbacks can match him in ground duels.

Mazraoui vs Wan Bissaka:

Both players are 26 years old. Mazraoui missed 19 games through injury last season, while Wan Bissaka missed 21. Their technical skills are worlds apart. Mazraoui offers a significant improvement over Wan Bissaka in buildup and progressing the ball up the pitch, whether by passes or carries. Mazraoui is a much more potent weapon in the final third and creates many more chances, through passing, dribbling and pressing the opposition. As we know, Wan Bissaka is a superb tackler and few fullbacks can match him in ground duels.
Thank you. This was indeed helpful.

Mazraoui vs Wan Bissaka:

Very good post. Max will be a upgrade on AWB offensively.

Like Maguire, I think AWB would be appreciated in Italy for his defensive 1-on-1 ability. Whats the opinion on whether AWB could be converted into a CB?

I see so much moaping around here about this signing and don't get it. He'd immediately be our best fullback and kept Alphonso Davies out of the Bayern team last season at left back!

Honestly the injuries are concerning but this would be a massive upgrade on AWB and he can cover both RB and LB which we desperately need.

Just a little bit of positivity would be refreshing.

I see so much moaping around here about this signing and don't get it. He'd immediately be our best fullback and kept Alphonso Davies out of the Bayern team last season at left back!

Honestly the injuries are concerning but this would be a massive upgrade on AWB and he can cover both RB and LB which we desperately need.

This. We need more players with actual technical ability befitting of a top team.

Mad to think this will be completed as soon as AWB leaves. One out one in straight away. That’s planning ahead which we’ve been missing for years.

Having him available for 20 games is better than having bissaka available for 40.

You had to bring Alphonso Davies into the discussion? Ok I mean you are trying to hype a probable incoming player. But AD eats FBs like Mazraoui for a snack.

You had to bring Alphonso Davies into the discussion? Ok I mean you are trying to hype a probable incoming player. But AD eats FBs like Mazraoui for a snack.
That was 3 or 4 years ago. Unfortunately Davies didn’t really improve since then.

That was 3 or 4 years ago. Unfortunately Davies didn’t really improve since then.
This is the problem with some fans on here, they have inflated views on certain players because they haven't watched those players recently and still have images of them from a different time. Mazroui was benching Davies at some points when fit, if Boey never got injured, Davies would have even not seen the pitch at all. Of course Tuchel had his favorites but Davies hasn't been the Davies we saw at Stamford Bridge for a long long time.

People are whining too much about a £20m transfer that's most importantly going to provide depth for us above anything else.

It's also the perfect time to let AWB go. Spent 5 years at United, been a good servant to the club, played an important role in both of our recent cup wins IMO, had some great performances against some of the best attackers in the world. £15-20m for him would be good business as well. He apparently misses London as well and never really settled in Manchester.

Mazraoui also suits a progressive and possession-based approach better than Wan-Bissaka. ETH will have a better option in the Moroccan whether it's filling in at RB or at LB. If he does well and stays injury free, Dalot will have real competition as well for his position too.

Last edited:
How long until someone suggests that Ten Hag only wants to sign these injury prone players so that he can blame injuries again next season..?

Ten Hag only wants to sign these injury prone players so that he can blame injuries again next season
Heh

Is that some sort of endorsement? :confused:

Offer him the same money then. He could go to West Ham and mess around in mid table for the rest of his career, or stay at United and win stuff. £90K per week is decent money, ffs.

As I previously suggested, like Dalot, with a run of games he will significantly improve.
Exactly renew AWB on lower terms, not like West Ham are going to be matching his current United Salary.

I wonder what Stonewall make of this signing, we have a partnership with them.

You're all looking at this wrong.

You only need to worry about a player being injured for us when he joins with a clean injury record.

Mazraoui joins with a bad injury record, ergo, paradoxically he's going to be injury free for us.

You're all looking at this wrong.

You only need to worry about a player being injured for us when he joins with a clean injury record.

Mazraoui joins with a bad injury record, ergo, paradoxically he's going to be injury free for us.

After Suicide Ball, Erik is inventing Quantumenaccio. The visionary coach we needed.

It all comes down to him staying fit. If he stays fit and plays to his normal elvel, we will have a great player on our hands. He can play LB, RB and is comfortable on the ball so he's an option in two spots. I see the logic in the signing but that injury record is the scary part. Think we may also need to adjust how hard we train the players. Perhaps it could be part of the reason why their bodies break down so easily at United. Football is as much mental as it is physical. These players are already very fit physically. How much harder do they really need to train? Just a thought.

I wonder if slightly over paying for Mazraoui (£20m), will allow Bayern to drop their demands with De Ligt?

I mean the downsides are so blindingly obvious with this one that they must have taken them into consideration and still, as reasonable, sober, people, chosen to move forward with the transfer. I trust the decision making, let's see how he's used in the squad.

For all the agreements on fees and wages etc there's still one variable which we have no control over. Will AWB actually agree to being sold.

Is this a record for the amount of personal terms agreed before the actual signing in a summer? Branthwaite, Ugarte, de Ligt and Mazraoui?! :lol:

I wonder if slightly over paying for Mazraoui (£20m), will allow Bayern to drop their demands with De Ligt?

Does selling Mazraoui for more help Bayern more? As they got him for free and are selling him for profit now, whereas de Ligt was bought for 65m and they're gonna receive a bit more than half that, realistically.

From Bayern's FFP perspective it might be better to do the two deals in the way you described.

What an underwhelming transfer... like the United of old.

Find a promising 19-20 year old for those 20m ffs. Why do we fund other teams' astute transfers by buying their cast offs!

Status
Not open for further replies.