Noussair Mazraoui | has signed for United

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is very disappointing to hear.
He didn't do much, I think he only left a god bless you comment on his national teammate's Instagram who was saying he respects all individuals and wants others to respect his beliefs. The other thing is just a nothing burger and Bayern didn't sanction him, don't forget that's the same club that was celebrating a certain war criminal's 100th birthday not long ago.

And @Fortitude was right. It's best to leave it to football, there are enough reasons there not to want him.

You say:-

1) Injury prone
2) dodgy character
3) washed up player in a big team

Welcome to Man Utd, the Adult Disneyland. We never learn.

After a good while of some great opinions about rape and domestic violence on the United forum, you have to feel that gay rights and Israel-Palestine will be a nice change of pace for the mods.

Is he even better than AWB or Dalot? Can’t say I’ve watched him play.

That he is quite clearly insinuating God is against LGBTQ rights with a comment like that - if he did indeed say that.
From a religious standpoint, nothing wrong in believing that, but I won't dive deep into this, most on here have a different belief. The ones who preach tolerance the most are the most intolerant ones it seems.

Back to him as a footballer, I think its a good signing and he can cover both left and right back. Let's debate the merits of his on the pitch actions before planning on protesting his signing or sending him on loan to Getafe 3 months after signing.

You say:-

1) Injury prone
2) dodgy character
3) washed up player in a big team

Welcome to Man Utd, the Adult Disneyland. We never learn.
Funny thing is I wanted him when he was leaving Ajax on a free. But now that bayern have almost ruined him, his stock has dropped a bit

From a religious standpoint, nothing wrong in believing that, but I won't dive deep into this, most on here have a different belief. The ones who preach tolerance the most are the most intolerant ones it seems.

Back to him as a footballer, I think its a good signing and he can cover both left and right back. Let's debate the merits of his on the pitch actions before planning on protesting his signing or sending him on loan to Getafe 3 months after signing.
Garbage point as per.

I believe it was the great William Butler Yates who once said:

If we can't back a fallback fullback,
With a knack for a too-slack track back,
And a lack of a tack for a cutback,
Then let's hijack a fullback who can attack,
Even if he's injured all the time.

Bloody rubbish at last lines, was Willy...
I take my hat of to your poetry, Sir Bill

From a religious standpoint, nothing wrong in believing that, my I won't dive deep into this, most on here have a different belief. The ones who preach tolerance the most are the most intolerant ones it seems.

This is not the cogent point you think it is.

I think from a solely football standpoint he is a good signing, provided he can stay fit.
He didn't do much, I think he only left a god bless you comment on his national teammate's Instagram who was saying he respects all individuals and wants others to respect his beliefs. The other thing is just a nothing burger and Bayern didn't sanction him, don't forget that's the same club that was celebrating a certain war criminal's 100th birthday not long ago.

And @Fortitude was right. It's best to leave it to football, there are enough reasons there not to want him.
Very well, for me I quite like him from a footballing perspective, so this actually comes into my thinking.

Well, I wouldn't advocate buying current AWB either
Me neither, but his injury record is nothing to worry about as long as the medical doesn’t flag anything up. If you looked up the injury record of 20 top full backs across Europe I’m sure they’d have similar injury records last season. Dalot is a bit of a robot playing as many games as he does.

Did Mazraoui express regret for his endorsement of homophobia? If so, let’s look past it and focus on the other reasons why he would be a bad move for United.

So, we have to pay for Mazruoai 20m and DeLigt 50m++.

2 unwanted BM players with high wages and we need to pay BM 70m++ to help them offload the players and reduce their wages. One of the player is injury prone too. The other don't have good record in injury too.

BM is taking us to the cleaners. Is Woody back to the club?

Very disappointing. There's a gaping void in the centre of the defense, and the midfield is as pedestrian as ever, and what is being signed is an almost 27-year-old injury-prone fullback on an exceedingly long contract. Two years ago this would be called a Glazer signing. Yes, a player was needed there, but no one can convince me that is Mazraoui, another Erik ten Hag player to boot. I would be very surprised if this works in any other way but the obvious - out injured by November.

Very well, for me I quite like him from a footballing perspective, so this actually comes into my thinking.
Well, I said that because there is barely anything here to make him this dodgy character and the last one to want at one's club.

I’m curious about how this will pan out. I must say on the positive side for me, Masraoui was one of the players who impressed me the most when watching Ajax under Ten Hag. Watched a few analysis vids of Ajax play back then which really showcased how important he was for their progressionnup the pitch and established play in the last third. For his age then he looked even better than Timber and Licha to me.

I have hardly seen him at Bayern, a surprising move at the time given how they played and the quality of their FB’s then.

I think he’s been solid, but not brilliant when watching him with Morocco.

At his best, he would be a bargain as competition for Dalot and cover for Shaw. At least under Ten Hag. I would think. We replace a player that is a direct contradiction to how we want to play, with one that is directly alligned with it. Tjat has to be positive.

Curious about his health, certainly. What strikes me most on looking at his injury history, is that there are a large number of games that disappeared to unusual stuff like an eye injury, and several episodes of illnesses. He also had several smaller episodes out with minor knocks. If you look past. these ‘non’-repetitive kinds of issues, there still are quite a few minor injuries, but not really consistent, grave issues over time that you wouldn’t expect a bit of with normal players.

So at best, this could be a very shrewd signing, at worst it could be mistimed gamble, albeit for a low fee and only in a back up role.

Very disappointing. There's a gaping void in the centre of the defense, and the midfield is as pedestrian as ever, and what is being signed is an almost 27-year-old injury-prone fullback on an exceedingly long contract. Two years ago this would be called a Glazer signing. Yes, a player was needed there, but no one can convince me that is Mazraoui, another Erik ten Hag player to boot. I would be very surprised if this works in any other way but the obvious - out injured by November.

AWB walks away for free in 12 months.
This is basically 1 out, 1 in. They are the same age.

Injury record aside, the fact that he can play both fullback slots is a plus.

Also Antony played his best Ajax football with mazrouri at RB behind him. Maybe Utd think it's worth the risk to see if he can help Antony get back to his Ajax form rather than just write off £80mil that they invested in him.
How can we forget that signing him will unlock Antony’s 2nd foot and a pace boost!?

We’d better hope then that the keymaster doesn’t twist his ankle and fall down the stairs getting off the plane in Manchester

He is an improvement on Wan Bissaka and therefore should improve United this coming year. But I'm not sure he is a guy you want to lock into the squad for the long term, once you factor in age, quality, injury history, and the fact that he is a fairly traditional fullback in an era when more and more top managers want fullbacks who fit a different mold.

His reported wage is £130k per week, which largely reflects Bayern getting him on a free a few years ago and paying a wage premium, so assuming you're matching that or giving him a small bump I think he will be a difficult player to sell at age 28-29-30.

I haven't watched him in a while, but I know he was quite impressive at Ajax, which earned him a move to Bayern. A couple of years later, Bayern wants to sell him. Any reasons why?

Me neither, but his injury record is nothing to worry about as long as the medical doesn’t flag anything up. If you looked up the injury record of 20 top full backs across Europe I’m sure they’d have similar injury records last season. Dalot is a bit of a robot playing as many games as he does.
Why are you limiting the check to one season? Check his record the last 6 seasons? He picks up more injuries than @rimaldo lovers

I haven't watched him in a while, but I know he was quite impressive at Ajax, which earned him a move to Bayern. A couple of years later, Bayern wants to sell him. Any reasons why?

They need to make sales, they have something like four different RBs, his injury record isn't great.

AWB walks away for free in 12 months.
This is basically 1 out, 1 in. They are the same age.
As I said, a fullback was necessary. Going into the new season with just Shaw on the left would be a disaster. And AWB isn't good enough as well.

But surely there is someone else out there for about the same fee? He is a good footballer, but that injury list should be all the red flags United need, considering the massive issues in this particular regard in this club. And it's not like he is just backup because Shaw himself is missing half the games. Mazraoui would probably be expected to play no less than 20 games a season in a more physically demanding league, and by the looks of it a more physically demanding style of football.

This looks like a poorly thought out transfer all things considered.

Why are you limiting the check to one season? Check his record the last 6 seasons? He picks up more injuries than @rimaldo lovers
wow-kevin-garnett.gif

How can we forget that signing him will unlock Antony’s 2nd foot and a pace boost!?

We’d better hope then that the keymaster doesn’t twist his ankle and fall down the stairs getting off the plane in Manchester
2025: Manchester United announces that they're going to compete in Eredivisie in the drastic attempt to finally unlock the potential of their enigmatic £86 million star.

5 years deal for a crocked injury prone player. I don't care if he's the reincarnation of Cafu and Roberto Carlos in the same body, this transfer stinks and dumb as hell. Not to mentioned Hargreaves and Schweinsteiger our previous signings from Bayern was crocked injury prone players too and again this is stinks.

5 year contract? Complete disaster in the waiting. Why not give a 3+1 or 4+1 for an injury prone player whose value is likely only going down and could be hard to shift?

It was something like his national team mate refusing to wear a rainbow armband or rainbow jersey and him officially supporting it on Instagram with words like ‘God is on your side, brother’. And this at a club like Bayern, which has a very liberal fan base. His statements on Palestine were also not so uncontroversial at a club with Jewish roots.... Then he decided to play for his national team again far too quickly instead of properly recovering from his Covid infection. As a result, he was out for Bayern for a long time with an inflammation of the heart muscle. He also had frequent muscle injuries. All of this means that nobody will really miss him. He also came as a free transfer.

Sounds like a real charmer. I don't like him already.

West Ham wanted him

Is that some sort of endorsement? :confused:

I don't really disagree, but then AWB needs a new contract on higher wages. And we really do struggle with no attacking input from him.

Offer him the same money then. He could go to West Ham and mess around in mid table for the rest of his career, or stay at United and win stuff. £90K per week is decent money, ffs.

As I previously suggested, like Dalot, with a run of games he will significantly improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.