2024-25 Performances

View full 2024-25 profile

6.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Really impressed with him. Doesn't seem to try and over complicate his game, just does everything you'd expect from a right back well.

Class act really. Hopefully stays fit.

Would be an interesting problem as to who is dropped between him and Dalot, if Shaw ever gets full fitness and is ready to start in PL consistently.

Those minutes last night were easier minutes than anything he’ll be doing on the training pitch for the rest of the week.

They were. You never know though.

We’ve had massive issues with injuries the last couple of years. Would like to see us perhaps being a bit more pragmatic when it comes to injury prone players.

Thought 10-15 minutes would have been more sensible.

They were. You never know though.

We’ve had massive issues with injuries the last couple of years. Would like to see us perhaps being a bit more pragmatic when it comes to injury prone players.

Thought 10-15 minutes would have been more sensible.

Why? He has to train today and tomorrow against much better players and is just as likely to get injured there.
This was an absolute walk in the park confidence booster for the squad and a nice way to freshen up his legs after a bout of cramp at the weekend.

Think he's better than Dalot, not sure how he does this. He was one of the last players in the Academy to get a professional contract, and has ever since always surprised with how good he is at a higher level.

Interesting player, physical beast. Doesn't seem like he has any limitations, although feels like he has another level in terms of attacking. He often finds himself in good position with no end product. It'll come.

Hes from Bayern, and doing well. Feels a little too good to be true.

Touchwood he doesnt pick up an injury or something that stops this momentum

As much as I was a fan of Wan Bissaka, you can see the impact this guy can have on our play going forward. He plays almost like a winger at times and still rotates with the midfielders too. The one twos that we played and the link up play was what I can see him giving us more often.

Feels like he has been here for years. Really nice feeling to have a proper back up for Shaw. I think Dalot and Shaw have some serious work to put in if they are to claim there places.

Interesting player, physical beast. Doesn't seem like he has any limitations, although feels like he has another level in terms of attacking. He often finds himself in good position with no end product. It'll come.
He's looking to square it towards the penalty spot or slightly behind the spot very often, so when players like Zirkzee and Bruno are adapting to it i expect quite a few goals from that. Funny as that was the stereotypical goal against us last season.

He's looking to square it towards the penalty spot or slightly behind the spot very often, so when players like Zirkzee and Bruno are adapting to it i expect quite a few goals from that. Funny as that was the stereotypical goal against us last season.
I think that has more to do with what attackers expect and if the team has this worked out. He gets into those positions very often so that's very promising.

I would think all three will be rotated about the same, with Dalot playing half of his games on the left.
It'd probably be smarter to rotate Mazraoui and Shaw quite a lot, since they are the two with injury problems. Try to keep them both to one game a week when possible. Dalot is (at least up to this point) one of the fittest players in the squad, so let him play 80-90% of the games while the other two get regular rests.

Even if Mazraoui and Shaw end up being the strongest combo, we're still better off doing our best to keep both of them fit rather than overplaying them and invariably breaking one (or both) of them.

It'd probably be smarter to rotate Mazraoui and Shaw quite a lot, since they are the two with injury problems. Try to keep them both to one game a week when possible. Dalot is (at least up to this point) one of the fittest players in the squad, so let him play 80-90% of the games while the other two get regular rests.

Even if Mazraoui and Shaw end up being the strongest combo, we're still better off doing our best to keep both of them fit rather than overplaying them and invariably breaking one (or both) of them.

I agree but for what it's worth, I don't think those two will be the strongest combo. Or maybe a better way to say it is it's marginally more attacking than the 4x CB defence Arsenal is putting out these days.

I'd rather have someone more attacking like Dalot in the line up - he does a lot of things - inverts into the middle when appropriate, can turn and pass the ball forwards, overlaps, underlaps and generally keeps on running. If he improves his crossing / final ball he'd be an amazing fullback.

I agree but for what it's worth, I don't think those two will be the strongest combo. Or maybe a better way to say it is it's marginally more attacking than the 4x CB defence Arsenal is putting out these days.

I'd rather have someone more attacking like Dalot in the line up - he does a lot of things - inverts into the middle when appropriate, can turn and pass the ball forwards, overlaps, underlaps and generally keeps on running. If he improves his crossing / final ball he'd be an amazing fullback.

Shaw is every bit as attacking as dalot with a much more reliable end product. If shaw is fit, he will start, you just don't leave a player of his quality out.

It's a shame he can't stay fit.

Shaw is every bit as attacking as dalot with a much more reliable end product. If shaw is fit, he will start, you just don't leave a player of his quality out.

It's a shame he can't stay fit.

He used to be pre-injury issues. Now he's best viewed as the LB version of Walker.

I also expect Dalot will probably be in the stronger partnership, but even that will likely change depending on form. The three of them will hopefully be close enough in quality that they can all play somewhat interchangeably (although Shaw obviously has the highest ceiling if he can get back to his best...but that's a big 'if').

fantastic signing this lad....been brilliant so far

he and shaw would make for an outstanding set of fullbacks if the latter could stay healthy

Kind of wanted him to be completely rested considering the score at the time and him coming off injured against Southampton.

But he’s just been great to watch so far. Incredibly solid so far and a bargain at the price we paid for both him and De Ligt.

Shaw will have to earn his spot back.

Yeah I was hoping he would be given night off too

Turns out if a player is comfortable on the ball rather than avoiding the ball like it's a molten rock, he adds something to the team. I hope this will be a main criteria from now on. If you aren't comfy on the ball, then feck off ya scrub. We hier real professionals hear. I'm tired of watching a one dimensional player who's only good at one thing (and not even world class at that) not knowing what to do with the ball on their feet. AWB was an example. He's good at tackles and useless at everything else. So he shined when we're fecked but when it's time for us to attack he couldn't do anything.

How did Bayern let him go for £14m?

We know there are some injury issues but it goes to show savvy buyers can find plenty of value in this market. His technical ability is so good, miles better on the ball than any RB we've had....ever really!

It seems that young players come with a 'hype' tax because their potential is 'uncapped', whereas if you buy genuinely good players who have fallen just short of world-class then you can pick-up bargains (Mazraoui & De Ligt good examples).

We know there are some injury issues but it goes to show savvy buyers can find plenty of value in this market. His technical ability is so good, miles better on the ball than any RB we've had....ever really!

It seems that young players come with a 'hype' tax because their potential is 'uncapped', whereas if you buy genuinely good players who have fallen just short of world-class then you can pick-up bargains (Mazraoui & De Ligt good examples).
Yeah I just assumed it was a combination of injuries and them needing to trim their squad/wage bill. But even then, at that price level, it was well worth the risk. Let’s just hope he remains fit. Touch wood.

Politics, worked to our advantage though thankfully.

He's worth much more, even with his injury history

It's so weird that Westham wanted him then happily pivoted to AWB, given that they couldn't be more different stylistically. Almost like wanting De Jong and going for Casemiro.

They needed somebody for less than £20m who was better than Coufal and Mazraoui didn't want to go there...