Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

In all seriousness I think he could force some tactical and personnel changes. It almost reminds me of Shaq keeping 7ft 280lb dudes that couldn't play in the NBA for 10 years during his prime. We might see monster athlete defenders becoming more prioritised than ever as Haaland-stoppers.
As opposed to what ? Most teams employ tall CBs

If only we'd have let them have the 37 year old Ronaldo problem instead as any smart club would have done.

Yep, and if only Mbappe told Madrid early he wasn't coming. Feel they'd have gone for him then

There’s some smart people making decisions at City when they decided not to spunk away £100+mil for a regressing Kane and focussing their efforts on signing Erlie instead

As opposed to what ? Most teams employ tall CBs

I think it's clear that there are real differences in levels of athleticism that Haaland is making quite apparent here, and that most PL CB's however tall aren't nearly up to the task in terms of acceleration, agility, etc. Those attributes could be more prioritised in future.

Just casually transferring his form from Bundesliga into the Prem I see. City is the perfect team for him. The only other team where he would have load of chances is Liverpool. There was no way he was coming to us while we were in such a mess.

He’s probably gonna outscore half of the clubs in PL, and no one should even be surprised. He’s far from a normal footballer, he’s a freak of nature.

Just casually transferring his form from Bundesliga into the Prem I see. City is the perfect team for him. The only other team where he would have load of chances is Liverpool. There was no way he was coming to us while we were in such a mess.

To be honest, he's having it much easier than in BL thus far. He needed to actually exert himself to score in Germany.

Tempting to go back and look at the posts written when we were linked to him and Solskjær wanted him.
Think it would have been fun.

I think it's clear that there are real differences in levels of athleticism that Haaland is making quite apparent here, and that most PL CB's however tall aren't nearly up to the task in terms of acceleration, agility, etc. Those attributes could be more prioritised in future.
They could but I think if those players could be found, on top of being good defenders, they would already get bought by clubs.

We missed out. We should have made a better effort to sign him ffs. But I guess he probably would never have joined us on account of his dad.

This is genuinely a paradigm shift for centre forward play.
Plays in an exceptional team and he is an exceptional talent.
Will smash every goal scoring record there is.
R9 levels of talent right now

A freak of nature. If he can stay fit he will become one of the goats.

Was always going to struggle in the Premier League.

Won't get all those chances here, that he got in the Bundesliga. Will be found out. Etc. Etc.

We missed out. We should have made a better effort to sign him ffs. But I guess he probably would never have joined us on account of his dad.

Why the feck would he, or any player, choose us over City at the moment?

They could but I think if those players could be found, on top of being good defenders, they would already get bought by clubs.

Possibly, I'm saying that those attributes in a pure in terms of a defenders ability to man-mark, devoid of wider defensive sensibility, could see less capable players overall deployed in man-marking roles, perhaps in a 3 ATB with one CB assigned to follow Haaland wherever he goes. Like Herrera on Hazard, or Jones on Ronaldo, etc. Just a thought mind!

I thought they also wanted a crazy agent fee and a silly release clause in the contract? And the fact that he had the same agent as Pogba who was shitting all over us at the time. Don’t think it’s nearly as simple as is being made out here.

This was before his Dortmund move:

Quote from Haaland sr:

“You have to go to a club where the whole club wants you, not just the coach," his father, Alf-Inge Haaland, told TV2 last year. "I think that’s the most important thing, in addition to how the club has been over the last five or ten years and what direction they’ve taken.

“Because it’s dangerous to just sign for a coach, because he can suddenly be sacked.”

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...ter-united-haaland-transfer-news-21152696.amp

In a perverse way I'm glad we pretty much threw away the league challenge in the first three games. Now I can enjoy Haaland properly.

Hope he never wins a CL like Aguero and KdB though! :D

This is genuinely a paradigm shift for centre forward play.
Plays in an exceptional team and he is an exceptional talent.
Will smash every goal scoring record there is.
R9 levels of talent right now
No chance. He's nowhere near as good with the ball at his feet. He's a HUGE threat and the best CF in world football but this comparison is, at the moment, way off.

Human cannonball

It's quite incredible how well it's all gone for the City owner. They put themselves in such a good position then in walks the cheat code to decimate everyone. Ronaldo would've been out the door this summer if he ever joined them last season.