Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

We missed out. We should have made a better effort to sign him ffs. But I guess he probably would never have joined us on account of his dad.
Before he went to Dortmund, he wanted a release clause to join us. Not even taking into account about his dad, he was probably never going to consider joining us seriously.

In all seriousness I think he could force some tactical and personnel changes. It almost reminds me of Shaq keeping 7ft 280lb dudes that couldn't play in the NBA for 10 years during his prime. We might see monster athlete defenders becoming more prioritised than ever as Haaland-stoppers.
Hasn't that been happening anyway? I feel like there's a trend of players beconing more and more athletic in all positions

Just casually transferring his form from Bundesliga into the Prem I see. City is the perfect team for him. The only other team where he would have load of chances is Liverpool. There was no way he was coming to us while we were in such a mess.

Obviously the teams ability to create chances is critical. But can’t undervalue how much the striker forms a part of that. I know a cliche but top strikers just know where to be at any time in any situation. He has that.

Funnily, he is excactly how he is in FM
Enjoy while it lasts. EPL needs a superstar for marketing too. It is time for the marketing machine to big him up to help him win the ballon d'or as well. He is a beast physically for a football player.

No chance. He's nowhere near as good with the ball at his feet. He's a HUGE threat and the best CF in world football but this comparison is, at the moment, way off.
Did you see r9 during his early years?
Power, strength, anticipation. R9 was more talented with the ball at his feet sure but the pure physicality is very similar.
Looks like an adult playing against u15s for most of it.

In all seriousness I think he could force some tactical and personnel changes. It almost reminds me of Shaq keeping 7ft 280lb dudes that couldn't play in the NBA for 10 years during his prime. We might see monster athlete defenders becoming more prioritised than ever as Haaland-stoppers.
Let's see how Martinez deals with him first.

So is he "fluid" enough then? Ruud van Nistelrooy was also lethal but people still felt his style held back the team.

He’s an exceptional player playing for an exceptional manchester city team and for an exceptional manager.

Even as a man utd fan I’m truly drooling.

It just all seems so hollow. No one really gives a shit apart from the bitters.

barely anyone gives a shit inside the stadium either. Plastics.

but the service he gets at city will just make him an absolute monster. Tap ins alone will give him 15 goals at least. Two already today.

Let's hope Madrid are setting aside the cash for the buyout in '24 as we speak.

Just simply sublime. Never seen a player like him in the PL he’s just perfect for what City needed.

Seriously, are we not passed the stage of bumping his thread every time he scores a goal?

Is it ok to bump it every time he scores a hat trick though?

No chance. He's nowhere near as good with the ball at his feet. He's a HUGE threat and the best CF in world football but this comparison is, at the moment, way off.
If really isn’t. In his own way. He’s every bit of dominant.

He'll grow so large it would be problem, one or two years of magic and then he'll be just an average target man.

I mean his goals today are all tap ins. He has a talent like no other to just bloody know where to put himself in the box- phenomenal

Ronaldo was also nowhere near as good at getting in these positions, had nowhere near as good reactions, etc. You can’t just focus on one player’s best qualities and ignore the other’s.

He is unreal. 9 goals in 5 matches playing at this level and in his first season is just insane...

Did you see r9 during his early years?
Power, strength, anticipation. R9 was more talented with the ball at his feet sure but the pure physicality is very similar.
Looks like an adult playing against u15s for most of it.
Yep, I did. Even in his early years R9 was a more rounded player. I get that Haaland is a wonderful CF but let's not pretend that he's demonstrated all the tools that R9 did. I do agree that in terms of instinct and power they're similar but as an all rounder atm Haaland is a distance off imo.

I don't like this. I don't like this at all. Please make it stop. Just steal the remote control and turn it off.