Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

Ronaldo was also nowhere near as good at getting in these positions, had nowhere near as good reactions, etc. You can’t just focus on one player’s best qualities and ignore the other’s.
He absolutely had as good reactions. How are you possibly empirically comparing the two?! As for positioning, again, I disagree. He had a different style of play which was less reliant on scoring the kinds of goals Haaland does. I'm not minimizing Haalands qualities at the expense of R9 but this smacks of recency bias.

I mean...I know the Caf can be a pretty blinkered place at times but there really was no way he was not gonna do stuff like this was there? :(

He’s class isn’t he

Think I’m going to put this thread on ignore

I mean his goals today are all tap ins. He has a talent like no other to just bloody know where to put himself in the box- phenomenal
The combination of great awareness to know where he has to be and the physicality not to be stopped on his way there is just unique.

Fecking hell, he is ridiculous. Going to smash the all time scoring record in a single season the way he is going.

Ehhh he can overrule his agent if he seriously wanted to move to us. It's not his agent holds him hostage.
He didn't feel like the whole club wanted him but like only Ole did. He wanted an emergency exit.

I wonder how Haaland would do in a league with defending.

I can’t believe people thought Nunez was remotely close.

This dude is going to smash Agueros record if he stays as long.

Yep, I did. Even in his early years R9 was a more rounded player. I get that Haaland is a wonderful CF but let's not pretend that he's demonstrated all the tools that R9 did. I do agree that in terms of instinct and power they're similar but as an all rounder atm Haaland is a distance off imo.
Haaland technical wise is far far far away from R9.

He didn't feel like the whole club wanted him but like only Ole did. He wanted an emergency exit.
Shows where we are as a club to be honest. One of the hottest prospects in the world and apart from the manager no one cares.

fecking hate Pep so much.
He tricked us into signing 37 years old Ronaldo and got himself a perfect striker. It's not fair

Almost the perfect addition to this team. They create so many chances but never had that big CF to convert.

If pep doesn’t win the CL with this lot he is a fraud.

Horrible to see. Hugely talented and going to be the best striker in the world for years to come. Very depressing...I also really don't like his surly looking face, so I'm sure it'll be extra annoying when he's scoring against us over and over. I think we all saw it coming though.

He absolutely had as good reactions. How are you possibly empirically comparing the two?! As for positioning, again, I disagree. He had a different style of play which was less reliant on scoring the kinds of goals Haaland does. I'm not minimizing Haalands qualities at the expense of R9 but this smacks of recency bias.

I love Ronaldo but it’s like comparing him to Gerd Muller and pretending he was equally as good at getting these goals just because he was amazing on the ball. He was way better at many things. But that wasn’t his strength and this strength that Haaland has is not as impressive but it is incredibly valuable. Ronaldo wasn’t bad at it but he wasn’t even as good as someone like van Nistelrooy at it. That was clear at the time. Haaland appears to be on another level.

The way he's going atm he'll break Salah's goalscoring record of 32 goals in one season.

In that team and setup he is going to be a total weapon. Early shout - record goals from one player in a premier league season incoming

He's going to destroy PL scoring records
He won’t be here long enough to do that. He’ll be off to Madrid/Barca/Bayern after 3 years, and yes I did say the same with Aguero thank you very much.

Yeah, I might have to concede defeat with this guy.

Nah, feck it, the hater in me will stay strong.

Using recency bias when being blinded a bit by nostalgia bias doesn't work as a rebuttal.

I wonder how Haaland would do in a league with defending.

Now, the caf can admit he is good since he’s doing it in the bestest and hardest league in the world. All the previous years don’t count :lol:

He won’t be here long enough to do that. He’ll be off to Madrid/Barca/Bayern after 3 years, and yes I did say the same with Aguero thank you very much.

Grew up as a City fan though. Could well be his final destination as there is no reason for City to sell and they can match any salary thrown after him. I don't think he is going to leave any time soon.

The thing is I think city would make anyone look good, you could put 2003 Diego Forlan in there and he’d score goals. They create so many chances.

But put a genuine world class player there and it’s basically cheating.

Lads, let us Bundesliga fans have our fun about you guys claiming he only did it in our "farmers league". Clearly, the world is his farmers league. We are all part of his fecking stardew valley game, and we're not even the cool villagers.

Reactions: sizzling sausages
I havent checked the numbers but arent Haaland scoring way more than R9?

I think Haaland already surpased Ronaldos all time CL scoring. Which is insane.