Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

I'm fairly sure that what Haaland's doing qualifies as "things that you couldn't do yourself."
What does he do that I can't do? Yes, I can't score tap ins hundreds of times, but I can score a tap in (or get a chance in the box and finish it, to be less contentious). The fundamental action is replicable. Whereas the likes of Dinho and Maradona do things that I've only ever done in daydreams.

Yes, of course. But Haaland is not James Milner or Emil Hesky, is he?
He's doing quite okay in the entertainment department.
I don't think so, but we maybe have different definitions of 'entertaining'. I'm not overly excited at the prospect of watching him play.

Limited all round footballer, basically a one trick pony, but it's a effective trick and it wins football matches. Which is really the point of playing football.

I don't think so, but we maybe have different definitions of 'entertaining'. I'm not overly excited at the prospect of watching him play.

Me Neither to an extent, but again, I think it's more o do with City's generl play which makes me snooze,
Unless teams stupidly play a high line against them, leaving room for KDB to run with the ball and do his magic.
This rarely happens.

I'm not sure if he will stay long enough to break Shearer's record but he will go down as the best goalscorer that the PL has ever seen.

[Sky Sports] Breakdown of Erling Haaland's 94 goals in 101 games for Man City

Credit to @FotbollHistoriker who is out of posts.

7S63mJP.jpeg

What does he do that I can't do? Yes, I can't score tap ins hundreds of times, but I can score a tap in (or get a chance in the box and finish it, to be less contentious). The fundamental action is replicable. Whereas the likes of Dinho and Maradona do things that I've only ever done in daydreams.
How many would you score up top for City per season do you reccon? Premier League and Champions league defenders are apparently very easy to shake. Can you not come up with any fundamental actions Haaland can do, that you cannot?
I've seen plenty of football street artists doing stuff with a football that Dinho and Maradona could only dream about doing. That doesn't make them good footballers in the 11 vs. 11 format on the highest level though. Being able to manipulate a football with your body and feet is only a tiny part of being a good footballer. It's about mixing athletism, technique, movement, vision, footballing IQ, understanding team dynamics and implementing it all in a high paced game. There is also 11 different roles in a team that requires different skillsets. I think there is little doubt that Haaland's skillset is pretty well suited for his role as a pure #9 in most teams. He also has some attributes that is on the extreme side which makes him stand out as much as he does. The combination of size, power and explosiveness combined with fantastic movement, positional and spacial awareness and finishing makes him the generational talent he is. You may or may not like that profile, but we probably haven't seen a more lethal and effective striker in a top league in Europe the last 60+ years. We've seen plenty of players with more tekkers and more involvements per games, but you won't find a more dominant goalscorer. His career goalscoring numbers are better than Messi and Ronaldo's so far.

How many would you score up top for City per season do you reccon? Premier League and Champions league defenders are apparently very easy to shake. Can you not come up with any fundamental actions Haaland can do, that you cannot?
I've seen plenty of football street artists doing stuff with a football that Dinho and Maradona could only dream about doing. That doesn't make them good footballers in the 11 vs. 11 format on the highest level though. Being able to manipulate a football with your body and feet is only a tiny part of being a good footballer. It's about mixing athletism, technique, movement, vision, footballing IQ, understanding team dynamics and implementing it all in a high paced game. There is also 11 different roles in a team that requires different skillsets. I think there is little doubt that Haaland's skillset is pretty well suited for his role as a pure #9 in most teams. He also has some attributes that is on the extreme side which makes him stand out as much as he does. The combination of size, power and explosiveness combined with fantastic movement, positional and spacial awareness and finishing makes him the generational talent he is. You may or may not like that profile, but we probably haven't seen a more lethal and effective striker in a top league in Europe the last 60+ years. We've seen plenty of players with more tekkers and more involvements per games, but you won't find a more dominant goalscorer. His career goalscoring numbers are better than Messi and Ronaldo's so far.
Not sure what all this nonsense is, I'm just saying that there's players I'd rather watch. And then you start talking about 'football street artists' for some unknown reason. I'm talking about people who play football.

Looking forward to the video of you replicating this.

Messi and ronaldo scored 50-60 goals every season for 15 years ..
I don't think anybody will come close

I would never be able to run and outmuscle a Premier League-level defender, score an acrobatic volley, time a run in behind a defence, control the ball and score past a goalkeeper in a flash, leap over a defender to score a header, have the technique to score a first-time shot outside the box etc. There are so many things Haaland does that no other City player can do, no other striker in the league can do, never mind an average punter.
What you (disparagingly?) describe is in fact known as the 'art of football', and it is sadly dying in the modern game.

Of course people are going to like players that express themselves, because football is a spectator sport. When you pay your hard earned money to watch games, it is nice to be entertained and to see people do things that you couldn't do yourself.
What Haaland does is dying in the modern game more than the other stuff. The Euros had a serious dearth of Haaland-like strikers, whereas it had lots of creative midfielders and wingers.

I'm not sure if he will stay long enough to break Shearer's record but he will go down as the best goalscorer that the PL has ever seen.

He needs 194 more goals to break that record. He's 24 years old. He'd need to score 30 goals this season and each of the next six seasons to break that record. Not only will he not stay in the Premier League for that long, but also nobody can maintain that ridiculous level of production in the Premier League for that long. In the 38-match era, Kane is the only one who has managed to hit 30 goals twice. To do it 7 or 8 times is silly talk. Shearer's record is safe, probably forever.

Besides, the odds are that Pep will take a hike before long, and after that it'll only be a matter of time before Haaland winds up at Madrid.

He needs 194 more goals to break that record. He's 24 years old. He'd need to score 30 goals this season and each of the next six seasons to break that record. Not only will he not stay in the Premier League for that long, but also nobody can maintain that ridiculous level of production in the Premier League for that long. In the 38-match era, Kane is the only one who has managed to hit 30 goals twice. To do it 7 or 8 times is silly talk. Shearer's record is safe, probably forever.

Besides, the odds are that Pep will take a hike before long, and after that it'll only be a matter of time before Haaland winds up at Madrid.

He won't go to Madrid why Mbappe is there. He might not even get in the team if Mbappe refused to play on the right.

I would never be able to run and outmuscle a Premier League-level defender, score an acrobatic volley, time a run in behind a defence, control the ball and score past a goalkeeper in a flash, leap over a defender to score a header, have the technique to score a first-time shot outside the box etc. There are so many things Haaland does that no other City player can do, no other striker in the league can do, never mind an average punter.

What Haaland does is dying in the modern game more than the other stuff. The Euros had a serious dearth of Haaland-like strikers, whereas it had lots of creative midfielders and wingers.
My goodness, why does everyone keep replying to this with what they could hypothetically do or not do against Premier League defenders? That's not what I'm talking about, FFS. I'm talking about players that capture the imagination. Haaland does not do that, and anyone arguing that he does is perhaps too starved of genuine genius. I'm also puzzled as to why he has so many staunch defenders on a Manchester United forum. We can all appreciate that he scores a great amount of goals without going overboard on the worship.

My goodness, why does everyone keep replying to this with what they could hypothetically do or not do against Premier League defenders? That's not what I'm talking about, FFS. I'm talking about players that capture the imagination. Haaland does not do that, and anyone arguing that he does is perhaps too starved of genuine genius. I'm also puzzled as to why he has so many staunch defenders on a Manchester United forum. We can all appreciate that he scores a great amount of goals without going overboard on the worship.
Then why did you specifically say "see people do things that you couldn't do yourself"? As I said, what Haaland is doing definitely falls under that. Furthermore, I doubt you be able to make your way from the halfway line to the edge of the box, in a timely fashion, without keeling over.

I'm puzzled as to why a Barca fan spends his time on a United forum trying to dictate what qualities other posters can or can't admire in a player.

Then why did you specifically say "see people do things that you couldn't do yourself"? As I said, what Haaland is doing definitely falls under that. Furthermore, I doubt you be able to make your way from the halfway line to the edge of the box, in a timely fashion, without keeling over.

I'm puzzled as to why a Barca fan spends his time on a United forum trying to dictate what qualities other posters can or can't admire in a player.
Don't judge others by your own standards bud. Maybe you might keel over. It should be obvious to anyone with the slightest bit of discernment that when I say 'things I couldn't do myself', I'm talking about when I play football or when I played football, not me vs freaking Premier League players.

Haaland, technically, is not an outstanding player. That should be clear to anyone with eyes. The fact that he is big and strong does not erase this simple truth.

R9 was a guy who was similarly prolific in his younger years; who do you think was technically better? Who do you think was more capable of 'doing things that the average person couldn't do?' Who do you think was more exciting to watch?

Look if you're happy to worship Haaland as a United fan, that's fine by me. I'm just not gonna pretend that an extremely prolific scorer is somehow also an amazing all around player. He's not.

At some point, you've got to consider the possibility that people can't read your mind, only the things you post.

Don't judge others by your own standards bud. Maybe you might keel over. It should be obvious to anyone with the slightest bit of discernment that when I say 'things I couldn't do myself', I'm talking about when I play football or when I played football, not me vs freaking Premier League players.

Haaland, technically, is not an outstanding player. That should be clear to anyone with eyes. The fact that he is big and strong does not erase this simple truth.

R9 was a guy who was similarly prolific in his younger years; who do you think was technically better? Who do you think was more capable of 'doing things that the average person couldn't do?' Who do you think was more exciting to watch?

Look if you're happy to worship Haaland as a United fan, that's fine by me. I'm just not gonna pretend that an extremely prolific scorer is somehow also an amazing all around player. He's not.
Please cut it with this shit, no one here is worshipping him and no one has said anything of the sort. This might come as a shock to you, but people value and appreciate different things in players. No one is obligated to share your views, so maybe stop being so bothered by it?

It's nothing to with Man City, it's just defending someone without bias from someone talking shite about them. I've done the same for Van Dijk, TAA and others.

Your whole interactions seem to be:

- 'Haaland is overrated and shite'
- 'No, he's quite good actually' (fairly standard opinion in the football watching populace)
- 'My god, why are you worshipping him?'

Messi and ronaldo scored 50-60 goals every season for 15 years ..
I don't think anybody will come close
Just to get this straight, because this isn't entirely accurate.

Haaland has 229 goals in club football to date and he has scored 50+ club goals in a season once.

Messi hit 50+ club goals in a season for the first time when he was 23 and replicated it 5 times after that (He played 19 seasons in a European football) (so 50+ goals in 6 out of 19 seasons)
When he was Haaland's age he had 204 goals in club football. (Messi is on 735 club goals now including MLS goals)

Ronaldo hit 50+ club goals in a season for the first time the season he turned 25 and replicated it 5 times after that (He played 20 seasons in European football) (so 50+ goals in 6 out of 20 seasons)
When he was Haaland's age he had 123 goals in club football. (Ronaldo is on 763 club goals now including Saudi goals)

It'll be very tough, but it's not impossible. He's going into his peak years now.

It's nothing to with Man City, it's just defending someone without bias from someone talking shite about them. I've done the same for Van Dijk, TAA and others.

Your whole interactions seem to be:

- 'Haaland is overrated and shite'
- 'No, he's quite good actually' (fairly standard opinion in the football watching populace)
- 'My god, why are you worshipping him?'
This might make sense if I'd actually said that he was shite. As I didn't, it doesn't.

Please cut it with this shit, no one here is worshipping him and no one has said anything of the sort. This might come as a shock to you, but people value and appreciate different things in players. No one is obligated to share your views, so maybe stop being so bothered by it?
Who's bothered? I'm fine.

Annoying that he's only 24 and will be a nuisance to title challengers for many years.