Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

Posting on behalf of @FotbollHistoriker

(Promote him already, he posts more quality than half the promoted mugs here)

Players with the highest goal-per-game ratio in the 21st Century:

Cristiano played a few hours ago, hence why I updated his numbers

Career goal-per-game ratio by their 24th birthday

- Haaland: 256 goals in 313 games = 0.82 goal per game
- Mbappé: 253 goals in 363 games = 0.70 goal per game
- Messi: 197 goals in 326 games = 0.60 goal per game
- Cristiano: 132 goals in 362 games = 0.36 goal per game

https://www.planetfootball.com/stat...omparison-age-24-stats-trophies-goals-assists
https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...o-ronaldo-stats-age-24-goals-assists-trophies

- Haaland's goal tally after 1234 games (if he keeps up 0.82 GPG pace): 1011 goals
- Mbappé's goal tally after 1234 games (if he keeps up 0.72 GPG pace): 888 goals
- Haaland's goal tally after 1069 games (if he keeps up 0.82 GPG pace): 875 goals
- Mbappé's goal tally after 1069 games (if he keeps up 0.72 GPG pace): 769 goals

7 PL hat-tricks in 68 games. For reference United have 7 hat-tricks in the last 460 games.

His scoring record is insane, but I won’t be the slightest bit surprised if he turns into a empty shirt in the toughest of CL ties again

Deserves all the plaudits. Clearly the best striker in the world right now. Would be Ballon d’Or material if he were playing for Real Madrid,

Hate him.

Will never respect him or any of his achievements as long as he plays for that rotten, evil little club.

It was much more fun to watch him at Dortmund.
he's not a"boring player", he just plays in a machine-like team.

and also, it seem to me that at least for some people,
in order to not be considered a boring offensive player you have to show the brilliance of Messi and Iniesta,
or, do some flashy and unsustaiable stuff a la Ricardo Qauresma.

Deserves all the plaudits. Clearly the best striker in the world right now. Would be Ballon d’Or material if he were playing for Real Madrid,
Sure, a Ballon d’Or material for scoring against poor teams. When it matters he shows how limited player he is. Basically, a definition of a one-trick pony.
7 finals with City - 0 goals, 0 assists
4 games against Madrid - 0 goals, 0 assists

Then, you have Vinicius who isn't even a striker and can't be judged only by goals.
11 finals with Real Madrid - 7 goals, 5 assists

He would be in Vinicius' shadow if he played for them.

The true greats do it in big games. City win by 4-5 today regardless. I will hold the praise until he is decisive in some games where it really matters.

Sure, a Ballon d’Or material for scoring against poor teams. When it matters he shows how limited player he is. Basically, a definition of a one-trick pony.

Then, you have Vinicius who isn't even a striker and can't be judged only by goals.

Pep doesn't really like expressive players though, does he?

Vinicius would for sure have to cut down on the dribbling, the turnovers would drive Pep nuts, i reckon.

Needs another 33 to get to a 100 prem goals by the end of season ….barring injury he’ll do it.

Just getting into his stride. He is just 24. This is when strikers really start hitting their prime (injuries aside).

He's already scored a lot vs strong teams(like Bayern when he was at Dortmund), he just hasn't hit his stride in finals yet. Thierry Henry never scored in a cup final

I'll bet Haaland will have scored more goals in the league by Christmas than any United player will manage for the whole season.

I'll bet Haaland will have scored more goals in the league by Christmas than any United player will manage for the whole season.
Well nobody scored more than 10 goals for us in the league last season. Haaland currently has 4 in 2. Give him another few games and he'll be out of reach.

Well nobody scored more than 10 goals for us in the league last season. Haaland currently has 4 in 2. Give him another few games and he'll be out of reach.

The Christmas deadline was me being extremely optimistic.

City have 15 matches in the league before Xmas. Barring injury he'll probably score somewhere between 10 and 15 goals in that stretch. So that would be 14-19 goals before Xmas for him.

I could see Hojlund winding up on 10-12 this season, and Bruno might hit double digits assuming he converts all the penalties we get.

Well we will only score like 50 something goals this season again so yeah you'd be right.

Our goalscoring is a disgrace and we've done nothing to fix it or seems

He's already scored a lot vs strong teams(like Bayern when he was at Dortmund), he just hasn't hit his stride in finals yet. Thierry Henry never scored in a cup final

Yeah it'll take a while, but this is an all time great scorer. Once he gets going, it'll be interesting to see just how prolific he can be, and where he'd rank all time for a player in English football.

It was much more fun to watch him at Dortmund.
he's not a"boring player", he just plays in a machine-like team.

and also, it seem to me that at least for some people,
in order to not be considered a boring offensive player you have to show the brilliance of Messi and Iniesta,
or, do some flashy and unsustaiable stuff a la Ricardo Qauresma.
What you (disparagingly?) describe is in fact known as the 'art of football', and it is sadly dying in the modern game.

Of course people are going to like players that express themselves, because football is a spectator sport. When you pay your hard earned money to watch games, it is nice to be entertained and to see people do things that you couldn't do yourself.

Haaland already does some flashy stuff in acrobatic goals. He's just not that strong on the ball.

What you (disparagingly?) describe is in fact known as the 'art of football', and it is sadly dying in the modern game.

Of course people are going to like players that express themselves, because football is a spectator sport. When you pay your hard earned money to watch games, it is nice to be entertained and to see people do things that you couldn't do yourself.
I'm fairly sure that what Haaland's doing qualifies as "things that you couldn't do yourself."

Yes, of course. But Haaland is not James Milner or Emil Hesky, is he?
He's doing quite okay in the entertainment department.

Yes, of course. But Haaland is not James Milner or Emil Hesky, is he?
He's doing quite okay in the entertainment department.

Not really these days, but he was doing some great runs and strikes during his Borussia days