Nordic Ghost Yeti (Scandi Carroll) | Haaland at City

No chance, R9 played against some of the best defenders that there have been and done it at international level. He will always be rated higher in my opinion.
Not disagreeing with R9 being better but Haaland too is doing against top opposition and internationally.

Not disagreeing with R9 being better but Haaland too is doing against top opposition and internationally.

I would argue defenders back in the day of R9 were much better than the current generation. Also R9 did it at the highest level with the World Cup. I'm not taking anything away from Haaland, but R9 was better all round in my opinion.

He's found another gear the cnut. Will break more records this season no doubt.

I would argue defenders back in the day of R9 were much better than the current generation. Also R9 did it at the highest level with the World Cup. I'm not taking anything away from Haaland, but R9 was better all round in my opinion.
It was way less of an attackers game back then, which adds to why what RVN, Ronaldo, Henry did was so impressive and maybe on the other hand takes some of the shine off how great the great defenders of that era were versus today. Its just harder to defend now with how the game is refereed.

Yeah, agree with all of that. Could argue though that R9 had more help from his team mates internationally. Anyway, R9 was a different animal.

Not playing in the summer has helped him ? Probably mental as well as physical, having proper time off means he's totally fresh now...

Last time we debated whether he could break the record for most PL hattricks this season or next - scratch that, can he do it before christmas?

It was way less of an attackers game back then, which adds to why what RVN, Ronaldo, Henry did was so impressive and maybe on the other hand takes some of the shine off how great the great defenders of that era were versus today. Its just harder to defend now with how the game is refereed.
It’s not really an attacker’s game now though either in terms of general play, more of a centre mid/winger game. Inside forward has been the dominant position which is why Mbappé made a fuss a few years ago not to be striker and to play on the wing. There’s hardly anyone doing what Haaland is doing anymore, just bullying with standard centre forward play while being prolific in front of goal. But yes in general it is easier for players to score, but I would say that’s more on a collective level than an individual, probably harder for an individual to stand out.

Great sprints behind the line. Solid strength. Amazing finishing. Absolute world class. To bad he scores all those goals for City…

People say boring, easy goals etc.
More than half the skill is getting into those positions in the first place.
It’s not easy at all and is very difficult to coach, you either have that instinct or you don’t. Hoijlund for example doesn’t have that despite his other abilities.
Haaland has that in spades plus he’s an exceptional finisher.
He’s like lineker or inzaghi with incredible physical attributes that they didn’t have.
If he plays in the top tier of teams in the future which surely he will he’ll break every record going

Doesn't even a tiny bit of you put City's ongoing success down to good management?
Oh yeah, I'm totally envious and very bitter. They're success isn't just down to money, they've got the structure right first time. The recruitment of both players and management has been outstanding. Its been painful to watch.

Oh yeah, I'm totally envious and very bitter. They're success isn't just down to money, they've got the structure right first time. The recruitment of both players and management has been outstanding. Its been painful to watch.
Agreed but without the financial doping, money laundering and corruption, they don't arrive at the current structure. This is the proceeds of their criminality.

Don't judge others by your own standards bud. Maybe you might keel over. It should be obvious to anyone with the slightest bit of discernment that when I say 'things I couldn't do myself', I'm talking about when I play football or when I played football, not me vs freaking Premier League players.

Haaland, technically, is not an outstanding player. That should be clear to anyone with eyes. The fact that he is big and strong does not erase this simple truth.

R9 was a guy who was similarly prolific in his younger years; who do you think was technically better? Who do you think was more capable of 'doing things that the average person couldn't do?' Who do you think was more exciting to watch?

Look if you're happy to worship Haaland as a United fan, that's fine by me. I'm just not gonna pretend that an extremely prolific scorer is somehow also an amazing all around player. He's not.

When you make Manchester City play to your strengths, Im pretty sure you are an amazing footballer by any metric

If they met him…. wonder how many ‘haters’ would piss themselves with excitement before asking for his autograph

Doesn't even a tiny bit of you put City's ongoing success down to good management?
You bought that management and built a global structure around it with the windfall of the lottery ticket, so it’s not like the two are separable. This is not the story of Brighton, building their way up through great work. They have my full respect.

What's going to be interesting is seeing if Pep's decision to not replace Alvarez comes back to bite them in the ass. As far as I can tell, City don't have a single striker in their senior squad other than Haaland.

Do they expect him to start 55 matches this season? Or will they just rest him against the minnows in the cups and play a someone like Bernardo or Foden as a false nine?