Non-televised academy matches | U21s: MCR derby | U18s: Boro vs United | Sat 21 Sep

Good to see Ibragimov back.

But my god this club infuriates me sometimes. Five minutes to kickoff and there’s no updates on social media or the official app.

Youth, Courage, Success. Whatever.

If there's not a trophy or some sort of milestone to try and rack up the numbers with they just can't be arsed can they. Real shame cos I know there are people involved on the media side who are as annoyed as we are that it's like this.

Feel like Tommy Rowe starting in midfield is going to get really old really quickly.

10’

1-0 Jack Fletcher again. What a start to the season he’s had. Him and Tyler both actually.

Must say this is a new low. If I remember correctly, even last season when they barely showed any U21s’ games live, at least they posted the lineups and had live commentary on the app. Or do I have it wrong, someone can correct me if that is the case.

How is it possible that Stoke City have the resources to provide twitter updates regularly but this magnificent club with such a rich history regarding youth, gives us nothing?

Must say this is a new low. If I remember correctly, even last season when they barely showed any U21s’ games live, at least they posted the lineups and had live commentary on the app. Or do I have it wrong, someone can correct me if that is the case.

How is it possible that Stoke City have the resources to provide twitter updates regularly but this magnificent club with such a rich history regarding youth, gives us nothing?
Yep. No excuse for any of it. Can't hide behind 'licensing' reasons for not showing tonight's game. And absolutely no justification for the lack of acknowledgement of the game even taking place on the site or Twitter.

Anyway, glad we're winning at HT. And another goal for Jack Fletcher.

Comfortable win. Just a shame we couldn't watch it.

The U21's play again next Friday, with no PL matches that clash, so interesting to see if we get to watch that one? And the same with the U18's playing in the PL Cup on Tuesday - so far, no mention of it on the MUTV coverage so not looking good for that one either.

Thought it was poor in recent seasons when the only tweets we'd get about academy games from the club account were lineups and HT/FT score (when you compare with what pretty much any other club puts out), but to just flat out not acknowledge a game has even taken place is such a dereliction of duty.

No Collyer. Meaning he'll be in the squad tomorrow, I reckon.
And there is almost no chance of him getting any minutes tomorrow, unless theres some dodgy lasagna or something, so I can't help but wonder if it would have been better for him to play with the U-21s.

It’s almost cathartic to see the same people on this forum who have been trying and struggling to watch youth team games for years like I have (@top1whoisman, @Bertie Wooster & @limerickcitykid ) also complain to MUTV and also get the same responses I do, it’s just so fecking frustrating that I’m paying for this shite service when so many want to actually want to watch and discuss our youth team together

Steve Railston, a reporter who covers United academy games, thinks the lack of coverage is caused due to job cuts at the club.

And there is almost no chance of him getting any minutes tomorrow, unless theres some dodgy lasagna or something, so I can't help but wonder if it would have been better for him to play with the U-21s.
He played 90 minutes for the U21's on Tuesday, captaining them in their fine comeback win in the EFL Trophy v Barnsley. So he didn't need any minutes last night ahead of being in today's first team matchday squad.

But I get the general point, that we sometimes keep some youngsters around the outskirts of the first team squad but rarely playing - and so they should get some U21 minutes to gain match fitness and experience. That's sometimes tricky when the U21's game is quite close to the first team game. Fortunately, this week, we had that convenient Tuesday night EFL Trophy match to get him important minutes.

Steve Railston, a reporter who covers United academy games, thinks the lack of coverage is caused due to job cuts at the club.
they weren't showing the -21's before the job cuts, so i doubt it.

Shame really because MUTV is now only for the pre season as it doesn't add anything besides that.

Does anyone pay an MUTV subscription for reasons other than watching the U18s/U21s? I used to subscribe and never used to watch it other than for these games (during the season anyway) Surely they’re going to lose all their subs? You can’t keep selling a product that no longer includes the reason people buy the product.

Does anyone pay an MUTV subscription for reasons other than watching the U18s/U21s? I used to subscribe and never used to watch it other than for these games (during the season anyway) Surely they’re going to lose all their subs? You can’t keep selling a product that no longer includes the reason people buy the product.

Nah that’s more or less the only reason. Academy games, first team pre-season matches and the odd women’s game they (used to) show.

Probably better to create a new thread for this as it's a league match.

Probably better to create a new thread for this as it's a league match.

That’s exactly what this thread is for. Doesn’t make sense to create separate threads for games that will only have a few updates.

If this was an individual match thread there would only be the starting XI tweet and no updates for the opening 32 minutes.

Last edited:
That’s exactly what this thread is for. Doesn’t make sense to create separate threads for games that will only have a few updates.

If this was an individual match thread there would only be the starting XI tweet and no updates for the opening 32 minutes.
Don't agree with you - if there was a separate thread I could have updated it....but whatever