Non-televised academy matches | U21s: MCR derby | U18s: Boro vs United | Sat 21 Sep

FT

Arsenal 4-2 United (Ennis, Wheatley)

Both won a half so that’s a draw in my books.

No idea. From the lineup it looks mostly like the same players from last season

Harrison, Amass, Wheatley, Williams, Jackson, Nolan, Curley, McAllister and Ogunneye all played a lot of U18 games last season. So plenty of promoted players on the pitch tonight.

U15s vs Atlanta United New
U16s beat Atlanta United 4-1. Silva Mexes scored one of them.

Don't wanna sound too negative against a player-coach but considering our strength in depth in midfield at Carrington I hope it's not the norm to see Rowe there this season.
No I agree, especially if that is how he is going to play.

I think people were overly negative about Huddlestone at times but I saw the benefit with him. He always had a touch of class and composure to show which could help the team settle.

Rowe just doesn’t have that class though. He’s a lower league player who isn’t any more talented than the kids out there while being physically past it to boot, he was desperately chasing shadows all night without an ounce of composure or control in the midfield.

As you say, the depth of midfield makes it worse. Why is McAllister sitting on the bench for that? Hopefully the plan will be more for Rowe to slot in at LB when needed with Amass involved with the first team and Murray going on loan.

Stupid fecking rules mean that Saturday’s U18 Premier League game at Man City will not be shown live.

That is also 2 out of 2 with our academy teams playing at the same time as our first team does.

Stupid fecking rules mean that Saturday’s U18 Premier League game at Man City will not be shown live.

That is also 2 out of 2 with our academy teams playing at the same time as our first team does.
Tbf no actual rules stopping the u18s match being shown. The club just choose not to show it in favour of first team coverage.

For a club that bangs on about the history of the academy and youth being the backbone of the club, they don’t give an ounce of care to the actual going ons of the academy. The coverage is beyond laughable. They haven’t even acknowledged that the u21s played on Friday. Nothing new on the site for over two weeks. No highlights, no match reports, none of their shitty random pictures even. The next match isn’t on the MUTV schedule despite no clash as well. Not a word on the pre-season tournament.

Unless it’s some sort of accomplishment they can claim, they haven’t gave a shit about it for years now. It’s so far behind other clubs you start to wonder what’s the point even trying to follow anymore. Fans on the internet provide better coverage.

Tbf no actual rules stopping the u18s match being shown. The club just choose not to show it in favour of first team coverage.

For a club that bangs on about the history of the academy and youth being the backbone of the club, they don’t give an ounce of care to the actual going ons of the academy. The coverage is beyond laughable. They haven’t even acknowledged that the u21s played on Friday. Nothing new on the site for over two weeks. No highlights, no match reports, none of their shitty random pictures even. The next match isn’t on the MUTV schedule despite no clash as well. Not a word on the pre-season tournament.

Unless it’s some sort of accomplishment they can claim, they haven’t gave a shit about it for years now. It’s so far behind other clubs you start to wonder what’s the point even trying to follow anymore. Fans on the internet provide better coverage.

Ah yeah you’re right of course.

And yeah I was also searching for a report or something on Friday’s match.

At least you can still watch it from the Man City side...

Hmm, the U21s play Stoke on Friday night and surprise surprise, it’s not on MUTV.

Hmm, the U21s play Stoke on Friday night and surprise surprise, it’s not on MUTV.
Unless they update the schedule later, then that's an awful effort. Absolutely no excuse why they 'can't' be allowed to show it. And with them not showing the U21 game last week or last night, and the first U18 game on Saturday, then you think they'd definitely show the Friday night match that has no clashes!

They've barely even acknowledged the matches so far, so ominous signs for the Academy coverage this season.

Question, are you still able to go to Carrington to watch these games in person? Or are they all behind closed doors?

Unless they update the schedule later, then that's an awful effort. Absolutely no excuse why they 'can't' be allowed to show it. And with them not showing the U21 game last week or last night, and the first U18 game on Saturday, then you think they'd definitely show the Friday night match that has no clashes!

They've barely even acknowledged the matches so far, so ominous signs for the Academy coverage this season.

Yeap, it doesn’t look good. I know that they’ve let to some of the personnel (Ben Ibson the latest as far as I know), but that’s not an excuse for a club this big.

Not a great start. None of the first three U21s matches have been shown live, same goes for the first U18s game.

Very little reporting on the matches and what little they have said has come very late.

Feel free to give feedback to MUTV:

digitalfeedback(a)manutd.co.uk
feedback(a)manutd.co.uk

I know plenty of you have already but I still tried for one more time. I'm definitely approaching a decision about the point of having a subscription.

feedback(a)manutd.co.uk

I know plenty of you have already but I still tried for one more time. I'm definitely approaching a decision about the point of having a subscription.
Yeah, I was beginning to question that as well. Mine's due up for renewal on 11th September - currently set to do so. But the only thing I really watch on it is the Academy games. The U21's are a rare sighting nowadays, and if the U18's are going the same way then it does beg the question is it worth it?

The only thing is, when you look at other subscriptions (some of the youth tournaments were £7 a match, last nights ifollow was £10) then £29.99 for the season is still worth it even with the ever decreasing amount of games that they're showing. It's just so very frustrating as to why some aren't being shown when there's absolutely no clash or anything.

Yeah, I was beginning to question that as well. Mine's due up for renewal on 11th September - currently set to do so. But the only thing I really watch on it is the Academy games. The U21's are a rare sighting nowadays, and if the U18's are going the same way then it does beg the question is it worth it?

The only thing is, when you look at other subscriptions (some of the youth tournaments were £7 a match, last nights ifollow was £10) then £29.99 for the season is still worth it even with the ever decreasing amount of games that they're showing. It's just so very frustrating as to why some aren't being shown when there's absolutely no clash or anything.

Yeah the price is cheap and that's one of the reasons I've kept it.

feedback(a)manutd.co.uk

I think they got fed up with my complaints and questions and don’t bother to reply anymore :lol:

Have about 5 unanswered emails in the last year and the last reply I got was just a cut and paste job about the senior team pre-season coverage despite asking about the academy.

But I’ll keep trying in the hope they’ll finally take notice. Enough complaints and on here and social media must have an affect at some point or maybe that’s too optimistic.

I messaged them about the academy coverage, but just got the expected reply.

Every time I message them, I acknowledge they can't do anything about the rules of a clash with PL games and that I'm referring to the times when there isn't a clash and yet it still isn't shown - tomorrow's game being a prefect example, by the looks of it.

But they always ignore addressing that point, and just hide behind the licensing issue preventing them from showing some matches. Which is what I got again with: "We try to show as many live academy games as we can however this is not always possible due to licensing." I'd like to know the 'licensing' issue preventing them showing tomorrow's U21 match.

I messaged them about the academy coverage, but just got the expected reply.

Every time I message them, I acknowledge they can't do anything about the rules of a clash with PL games and that I'm referring to the times when there isn't a clash and yet it still isn't shown - tomorrow's game being a prefect example, by the looks of it.

But they always ignore addressing that point, and just hide behind the licensing issue preventing them from showing some matches. Which is what I got again with: "We try to show as many live academy games as we can however this is not always possible due to licensing." I'd like to know the 'licensing' issue preventing them showing tomorrow's U21 match.

Yeah I just got exactly the same copy-paste answer.

The U15 squad plays currently in Munich for the Elite Cup.

Group A
Bayern Munich
Liverpool
Galatasaray
Real Sociedad

Bayern Munich 0-1 Real Sociedad
Liverpool 1-1 Galatasaray

Group B
Manchester United
Inter Milan
Porto
Lyon