Nfl 2009-2010

you could be right. We should probably check but it`s more fun to aimlessly speculate.

I didn`t follow Vick`s case closely, but wasn`t it more the cover-up and lying to cops/feds/jury/something that got him into the deeper shit?

Possibly. Not only that wasn't he being prosecuted as some sort of ringleader too?

you could be right. We should probably check but it`s more fun to aimlessly speculate.

For some reason I thought this out to be a call for my services :lol:

Vick fecked up on so many levels, but the problem that surfaces is how he's been made an example rather than actually serving 2 lawful years:

Vick was identified in 2007 as the head hauncho of an extensive unlawful interstate dogfighting ring operating over a period of five years (Which involved the deaths and slaughtering of dogs, and illegal gambling at a state level)... this lead to massive negative publicity and separate federal and state felony charges and convictions under plea agreements, as well as payment of approximately $1 million for care and rehabilitation of some of the dogs.

He has been suspended from play by the NFL since August 2007 and will be hard-pressed for re-instatement any time soon. In December 2007, he was sentenced to serve a 23 month federal prison term and an additional 3 years of prison time in Virginia on other charges (Which was suspended upon condition of good behavior... if Vick ever fecks up again, these charges than spark). With loss of his substantial NFL and product endorsement income, Vick filed for Chapter 11 reorganization bankruptcy protection in July 2008, with liabilities of $20.5 million and assets of $16 million. His bankruptcy case has yet to be resolved and probably will never be.

The case in its official resolve as of now:

Michael Dwayne Vick
Tony Taylor
Purnell Anthony Peace
Quanis Lavell Philips
Oscar Allen

Alias(es):
Vick: Ookie and Ron Mexico
Taylor: T
Peace: P-Funk and Funk
Philips: Q
Allen: No alias

Conviction(s):
Federal: Conspiracy in interstate commerce/aid of unlawful animal fighting venture (Title 18, USC, Section 371)
State: Unlawfully torturing and killing dogs, promoting dogfights

Penalty:
Vick: 23 months in federal prison, followed by 3 years of probation
Taylor: 2 months in prison
Peace: 18 months in prison
Philips: 21 months in prison
Allen: 3 years probation, $500 USD fine
Peace, Phillips, and Taylor: 3 years federal probation following release, state trials still pending

Vick: Home confinement/probation for federal charge; State charge: Vick pled guilty.
Allen: On probation.
Others: Federal sentences have expired, awaiting state trial.

I am calling bullshit on that kid

Picture will be posted tommorow my friend.

While we're ta it, you can see my steve Bartowski, Chris Chandler, Jesse Tuggle, Jamal Anderson, Alge Crumpler, and Brian Finneran jerseys :lol:

Never owned a "Vick" jersey in my life.

Did you have a PrimeTime jersey or was he before your time.

Did you have a PrimeTime jersey or was he before your time.

Dad has one, not me though.

Only other jersey I have that's non-falcons is a *gulp* Rex Grossman jersey :lol:

I hav a Julius Peppers UNC one though, my favorite one.

I had a jersey !!!

No lie, when it happened I was one of the hundreds to order a Mexico 7 jersey

That is feckin brilliant. :lol: I don't know. That might actually be worth something. I'm looking forward to that picture.

Ah. Jamal Anderson. I don't think there's a celebration that has since been able to match The Dirty Bird in sheer awesomeness.

Yeah was their best player over the past ..forever. He was blinded by the greatness of TD but JA was fecking top class for a few year which means it all for the Falcons

Alright, can't find the picture folks, sorry :(

When I head up to Ontario this summer i'll get the jersey and take another picture with it.

As for some sad news:

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Ed Thomas, who has produced four NFL linemen as the football coach at tiny Aplington-Parkersburg High School, was shot and killed Wednesday inside the school's weight room.

Ed Thomas, pictured in 2008 beside the football field at Aplington-Parkersburg High, was shot and killed Wednesday at the school.

Thomas' family said in a statement Wednesday morning that he died shortly after arriving at a Waterloo hospital.

A gunman opened fire on Thomas in the school weight room at about 8 a.m. local time. Authorities said he was captured shortly thereafter, and is being held at the Butler County jail.

No one else was injured in the attack.

Butler County spokeswoman Holly Fokkena said about 50 students were in the school when the shooting occurred.

Thomas, also the athletic director at Aplington-Parkersburg, was running a program during the summer for students, not just members of the team. Parkersburg is about 80 miles northeast of Des Moines.

Aplington-Parkersburg is the alma mater of four current NFL players -- Casey Wiegmann of the Kansas City Chiefs, Jared DeVries of the Detroit Lions, Brad Meester of the Jacksonville Jaguars and Aaron Kampman of the Green Bay Packers. All played for Thomas.

Thomas had been coach for nearly three decades, amassing a record of 292-84, state championships in 1993 and 2001, and four state runner-up finishes.

He was a finalist for the 2003 NFL High School Coach of the Year award and received the honor two years later. In 2004, Thomas was honored as Coach of the Year for Leadership by the Iowa High School Athletic Directors Association and twice was named Iowa Class 1A Coach of the Year.

A tragic story

lol you think Michael Vick is bad, take a look at his brother Marcus. As my mum would say, he's a bad apple :lol:

lol you think Michael Vick is bad, take a look at his brother Marcus. As my mum would say, he's a bad apple :lol:

I remember when he entered the NFL draft there were Falcons fans wanting him in our system to learn from his brother.

We don't have the wisest of fanbases, looking past our very strong loyalty.

I remember when he entered the NFL draft there were Falcons fans wanting him in our system to learn from his brother.

We don't have the wisest of fanbases, looking past our very strong loyalty.

Oh he learned from his brother alright. It just had nothing to do with football :lol:

Guys, if anyone is interested in an Xbox 360 online Madden league, check out the entertainment forum.

I wouldn't call him a legend, but regardless RIP to he and his gf

I wouldn't call him a legend, but regardless RIP to he and his gf

feckery eh? 20 year old affair, she may have been the killer... a shame.

As for legendary... legendary heart, determination, will to win, and a mainstay in the community of Memphis... on a first hand account he's one of the most humble athletes you'll ever meet.

feckery eh? 20 year old affair, she may have been the killer... a shame.

As for legendary... legendary heart, determination, will to win, and a mainstay in the community of Memphis... on a first hand account he's one of the most humble athletes you'll ever meet.

Well then feck her off to hell if she did it

Yeah he was good for the Titans

Never played while in Houston - rode the bench for two years. Think he might have played one game in two years.

Tragic event but hopefully this will wake up other pro athletes cheating on their spouses to the reality of these young birds that get starstruck. I imagine the DUI thing brought/would bring heat from his wife and others and he was probably telling her it was over, she then wents nuts. Then two people are dead as a result.

Anyone else see the Pacman Jones strip club video; haha Jermaine Dupree was hilarious

"I'm Jermain Dupree, You all are here to dance, dont bend over to get the money until I tell you to get off stage, keep fecking dancing."

Mcnair was one of my favorite Qbs. Don't think there was a time when he didn't play with some sort of injury. Was part of a very good titans offense at the time. Sad and untimely.

Crazy story about Roethlisberger and ESPN not reporting on it. It seems like a pretty crazy and made up story but who knows.

I've seen it on the bottom line ticker but not much else. Strange that it's strictly a civil suit and not a criminal one.

Yeah it is a little weird, a bunch of blogs are wondering why ESPN never reported it. They look dumb in my opinion unless they take the same stance on everything from here on out.

I also think its a lie, but that is only because the girl is not that attractive. Don't get me wrong, but I think Big Ben can get pretty much who ever he wants and he has a smokin hot GF

49ers. I detest the Raiders with a passion, although I may feel forever indebted to them for handing us Michael Crabtree on a platter depending on how things work out.

Its going to be real yardstick over the next few years isnt it, Crabtree vs Heyward Bey.

49ers. I detest the Raiders with a passion, although I may feel forever indebted to them for handing us Michael Crabtree on a platter depending on how things work out.

I am a big fan of Crabtree when he is on the field, I hear he is sort of a douche off the field.

Its going to be real yardstick over the next few years isnt it, Crabtree vs Heyward Bey.

I never say Bey play in college, but I hear in camps he has not looked that great.

Absolutely.

And there's no guarantee that we'll come out with the better end of that in a few years, but if it were my money, I'dtake the guy with better hands over the guy with the best 40 time every single time.

Crabtree is rumored to be some sort of diva but as long as Mike Singletary is the head coach, there will be none of that on the practice field, playing field, or locker room.

Absolutely.

And there's no guarantee that we'll come out with the better end of that in a few years, but if it were my money, I'dtake the guy with better hands over the guy with the best 40 time every single time.

Crabtree is rumored to be some sort of diva but as long as Mike Singletary is the head coach, there will be none of that on the practice field, playing field, or locker room.

I'm a big Singletary fan from when he was with the Bears so I hope he succeeds. I always thought he would end up coaching the Bears at some point, maybe he still will. He is a born leader that is for sure

Absolutely.

Your not al davis then?