Nfl 2009-2010

This draft class doesn't excite me like recent ones. I'm not sold on Stafford and Sanchez and see Couch and McNown written all over them. Did anyone hear that Michael Ohr has an IQ of 80? Sad.

This draft class doesn't excite me like recent ones. I'm not sold on Stafford and Sanchez and see Couch and McNown written all over them. Did anyone hear that Michael Ohr has an IQ of 80? Sad.

McNown, let us never talk about him again please.

Probably to be converted to a talent position, like special teams, wide receiver or defensive back if he has any speed. Dallas signed Reggie Love a couple seasons back in a similar manner. He tried out at WR I believe.

Do you mean Barry Obama's assistant?

Have any of you Americans seen much of Larry English (Northern Illinois) and Jasper Brinkley (South Carolina), in terms of full games? English looks like a stout pass rusher with a mean streak (from the footage I have seen), while Brinkley reportedly has the size, power and talent to play in a 3-4 but had a knee injury which will lead to him being a late round pick.

I have watched English a few times as Northern Illinois games are sometimes shown around where I live. He has looked good in the games I watched, but to be honest I am not sure what type of talent he was going against. He does look like a pretty good athlete though.

I am relatively excited by the draft even though there does not seem to be a consensus best player available. My interest lies in the fact the ‘experts’ such as Mayock and Kiper say this one of the best drafts for 3-4 pass rushers in quite a while. Exactly what the Patriots need on the defensive side of the ball. I am hoping to see less of an emphasis on size/coverage at the position and more focus on speed and QB pressure in the coming season. The Pats are not getting the best out of Adalius Thomas as well who I feel should be allowed to get after the passer more, like Joey Porter last year.

Rumor has it the Broncos may trade both first rounders to get Sanchez, great job McDaniels, you lose an All Pro QB and a first rounder to draft a rookie, fecking idiot

Personally I'd take Sanchez over Cassell as well in the long run, but Cutler is far more talented than either.

Personally I'd take Sanchez over Cassell as well in the long run, but Cutler is far more talented than either.

I agree with you on that. I really never watched to much of Sanchez, but the games I did see him in he was pretty good. Would you take Stafford over Sanchez? I heard McShay saying Seattle and Cleveland likes Sanchez more than Stafford.

I am hoping I run into cutler one of these nights in downtown chicago.

Stafford probably has more upside, both are very good talents, it's a toss up. Oh you will Cutler likes his nights out on the town.

Stafford probably has more upside, both are very good talents, it's a toss up. Oh you will Cutler likes his nights out on the town.

I was at Bon V(urlacher's little brother's bar) the other weekend hoping to see some Bears, but no one was there.

I just keep hearing that the Jets and Redskins want to trade up to get Sanchez so maybe the first few picks this year will make the draft interesting.

My 2 cents on Stafford:

His arm will develop into one of the best in football, it's about application and tools he has to use... his accuracy is probably already going to be one of the best in the NFL, and once he can get strength in his arm leaving a short pass offence, he'll be a gem. This is based off of 4 games i've seen of him mind you.

Sanchez is a great unknown, simply because i've never seen him play once.

My 2 cents on Stafford:

His arm will develop into one of the best in football, it's about application and tools he has to use... his accuracy is probably already going to be one of the best in the NFL, and once he can get strength in his arm leaving a short pass offence, he'll be a gem. This is based off of 4 games i've seen of him mind you.

Sanchez is a great unknown, simply because i've never seen him play once.

Guess the tube must be on CBS for you on Saturdays not ABC.

You'd take a college QB that was benched in at one point over a proven NFL veteran that won 11 games as an emergency starter? :wenger:

Yeah on a team that won 16 games the year prior, a veteran give me a fecking break

I hope that's a load of nonsense and would hate to see it happen.

They did not even get the pitch right for last years game, never mind organising the fecking Superbowl.

I hope that's a load of nonsense and would hate to see it happen.

They did not even get the pitch right for last years game, never mind organising the fecking Superbowl.

that's what I am thinking, but the NFL probably looks at it like this:
-Will still get all the fans from the US to watch it
-Will get a ton of new fans from England out of this deal and maybe new sponsors

It's the biggest load of fecking shit I have ever fecking heard, Goddell can feck the feck off!! Give me a fecking break ridiculous

that's what I am thinking, but the NFL probably looks at it like this:
-Will still get all the fans from the US to watch it
-Will get a ton of new fans from England out of this deal and maybe new sponsors

Let's think about it though, for it to get the best US ratings it would have to start at around midnight in the UK, how is that gonna work

Let's think about it though, for it to get the best US ratings it would have to start at around midnight in the UK, how is that gonna work

Seriously.

1) Make American fans travel overseas to attend the game.
2) Make British fans stay up late (on a Sunday too) so Americans can watch it in prime time.

It just doesn't make sense. There's plenty of cities here in the US capable of hosting a Super Bowl and plenty of cities that can use the economic boost as well. It's not like the NFL has trouble selling Super Bowl tickets since they can get away with the prices being so high.

Yes there was a great turnout last year in Wembley but I think the next logical step is to schedule a game in Wembley for more than one week of the NFL season or to schedule games at Old Trafford or other venues rather than to schedule the biggest game of the whole year there.

It's the most popular sport in America and America is the only country where it's even popular so I don't care how good of a reception the Super Bowl would get in any other country. This game should be played in the United States. If the NFL ever becomes a world wide league, then we can talk, but not now.

Not to even mention how much it would feck up the pitch.

I'd rather them switch the Super Bowl to Saturday night so millions of Americans can party and not have to call in (or request leave prior to) the following Monday - they can just sleep in on Sunday and party all night long. I imagine business across the nation suffers a sizable dip with all the lost man hours on the Monday after. However, that feck Goodell already said he's having none of that talk of moving the game to Saturday. Yet he'd consider hosting our championship game, the premier American sporting event, on another nation's soil? A-fecking-ridiculous.

I agree, different setup and lesser talented teammates... and I don't believe Sanchez will be better than Cutler either.

There is no way, Cutler is on a verge of becoming a fecking superstar, reckon it will take a year for him to put up big numbers in Chicago but once they get him some talent the roof of the Sears Tower is the ceiling for him. 4500 yards

I'd rather them switch the Super Bowl to Saturday night so millions of Americans can party and not have to call in (or request leave prior to) the following Monday - they can just sleep in on Sunday and party all night long. I imagine business across the nation suffers a sizable dip with all the lost man hours on the Monday after. However, that feck Goodell already said he's having none of that talk of moving the game to Saturday. Yet he'd consider hosting our championship game, the premier American sporting event, on another nation's soil? A-fecking-ridiculous.

Yeah Goodell is is fecking piece of shit feckhead, tries to act all noble taking a 10% pay cut, when he is on 11 million a fecking year.

Seriously.

1) Make American fans travel overseas to attend the game.
2) Make British fans stay up late (on a Sunday too) so Americans can watch it in prime time.

It just doesn't make sense. There's plenty of cities here in the US capable of hosting a Super Bowl and plenty of cities that can use the economic boost as well. It's not like the NFL has trouble selling Super Bowl tickets since they can get away with the prices being so high.

Yes there was a great turnout last year in Wembley but I think the next logical step is to schedule a game in Wembley for more than one week of the NFL season or to schedule games at Old Trafford or other venues rather than to schedule the biggest game of the whole year there.

It's the most popular sport in America and America is the only country where it's even popular so I don't care how good of a reception the Super Bowl would get in any other country. This game should be played in the United States. If the NFL ever becomes a world wide league, then we can talk, but not now.

Not to even mention how much it would feck up the pitch.

In addition it is a huge economic boost to whichever city gets to host, London can feck off as far as I am concerned in that case

Rumor has it the Broncos may trade both first rounders to get Sanchez, great job McDaniels, you lose an All Pro QB and a first rounder to draft a rookie, fecking idiot

Surely not! two first rounders to move up how many places? I very much doubt it.

The Superbowl wont come here to the UK, it makes no sense. If they played the FA cup final or champions league final in the states just for "new fans" i would think about boycotting the competition.

There is no way, Cutler is on a verge of becoming a fecking superstar, reckon it will take a year for him to put up big numbers in Chicago but once they get him some talent the roof of the Sears Tower is the ceiling for him. 4500 yards

Where in my post did I mention Culter becoming a superstar?

I dont believe you did, I did

Stafford has agreed to terms with the Lions, the 1st pick is a formality now

Ridiculous money and system. JaMarcus Russell and Matthew Stafford get paid more than Tom Brady, enough said.

That guy is probably a date rapist, fits in with their whole team. He runs fast because he has a lot of practice running from the police.

feck yeah, Crabtree a Niner! We actually might not be shit this year.

Exactly what I said when they made that pick. feckin brilliant. This whole time I was expecting to get an OT or DE/OLB but completely forgot about the Raiders. Not like the 49ers had much of a choice though since it was a rather obvious pick after the Raiders passed him up. God bless Al Davis for being Al Davis.

Not only that we managed to trade our second round pick plus our fourth for Carolina's first round pick next year. Carolina now pencils themselves in on my list of teams to root against next year.

Edit: Between this and United this is shaping up to be a pretty fantastic sports day.

Exactly what I said when they made that pick. feckin brilliant. This whole time I was expecting to get an OT or DE/OLB but completely forgot about the Raiders. Not like the 49ers had much of a choice though since it was a rather obvious pick after the Raiders passed him up. God bless Al Davis for being Al Davis.

Not only that we managed to trade our second round pick plus our fourth for Carolina's first round pick next year. Carolina now pencils themselves in on my list of teams to root against next year.

Edit: Between this and United this is shaping up to be a pretty fantastic sports day.

when crabtree fell to the Packers i was very excited...but they went for need instead. hope they don't rue the day. :nervous: