Nfl 2009-2010

I would agree with that, if he stays healthy. A pass rusher on the opposite side of Adalius Thomas was the only real need the Pats had left going into the season and he was the best option at this point. Pierre Woods has shown up well in camp and will likely still start/rotate with Burgess to begin with but Shawn Crable is mysteriously on PUP and Vince Redd was cut last week. Not sure how much Burgess played outside linebacker in the 3-4 under Rob Ryan (I think it was just situational) but you would think him and Bill Belichick have talked about the transition at some time.

Really excited about the defense, I think it will be fast, physical and a huge improvement on last year. Darius Butler, Ron Brace, Pat Chung, Terrence Wheatley, Jonathan Wilhite and especially Leigh Bodden have really impressed in camp so far. Hopefully, there will be less giving Ellis Hobbs like cushions to receivers and more jamming at the line. Bodden and Springs have the required size to do so.

Then there is the small matter of Jerod Mayo, which it will all revolve around. Newly appointed pre-season (and likely beyond) defensive captain and star in the making. He has added muscle to his frame in the off-season and is currently 250+ pounds. There has also been talk about how he feels that now he knows the system he will be able to react out there instead of thinking, thus giving him more opportunities to make game changing plays. I hope he fulfils his potential and avoids injuries etc, he could be really special.

Over-enthusiastic, Pro-Patriot and stupidly long/rambling post over.

Is the new season here yet? :(

I really hope Sky/ESPN sort out the rights soon. I have my finger on the button ready to get Sky+ HD with NFL being the main reason behind it. :mad:

Then there is the small matter of Jerod Mayo, which it will all revolve around. Newly appointed pre-season (and likely beyond) defensive captain and star in the making. He has added muscle to his frame in the off-season and is currently 250+ pounds. There has also been talk about how he feels that now he knows the system he will be able to react out there instead of thinking, thus giving him more opportunities to make game changing plays. I hope he fulfils his potential and avoids injuries etc, he could be really special.

Over-enthusiastic, Pro-Patriot and stupidly long/rambling post over.

Is the new season here yet? :(

Mayo will be a beast this year. The Patriots will be really good this year again, I mean they won 11 games with Matt Cassel last year and basically have the same team. In my opinion they will be even better with Fred Taylor and Maroney healthy not to mention some guy named Tom Brady will be back wanting to prove he is the best QB in the game

I dont think Fred Taylor has much left in the tank, although the Pats do seem to get the best out of the veterans they sign.

I dont think Fred Taylor has much left in the tank, although the Pats do seem to get the best out of the veterans they sign.

I don't think he will get the ball that much either way as long as Maroney stays healthy. Plus they have Faulk and Sammy Morris who will get there touches as well. I still think he will get around 600 yards rushing

Hard knocks starts tonight with the Bengals featured this year. I hope it is good because I find this show entertaining

Are the pre season games being shown anywhere?
Still in the US at the minute, with only the basic channels. Home on Sunday though, gutted.

The basic channels will show the local games, unless there is something national which may or may not be I dont really live or die for teh preseason so I dont really care that much about the games, so long as their arent many injuries.

I know it's only pre season, bit I, like most patriot fans would just like to see Tom Brady throw a ball again.

Thursday, Aug. 13 at Philadelphia. 7:00 p.m. ET. WBZ-TV, Patriots Preseason TV Network.

Thursday, Aug. 20 Cincinnati. 7:30 p.m. ET. WBZ-TV, Patriots Preseason TV Network.

Friday, Aug. 28 at Washington. 8:00 p.m. ET. WBZ-TV, CBS (Nationally Televised).

Thursday, Sept. 3. N.Y. Giants 7:30 p.m. ET. WBZ-TV, Patriots Preseason TV Network.

You will have to resort to Internet streams if you want to watch the games in full Muller, or maybe radio. Not sure if you will get to watch the game tonight while you are in America. All of the Patriots’ preseason games will be televised in the Boston television market on WBZ-TV. A network of regional affiliates will also broadcast the games in Preseason Weeks 1, 2 and 4 on the Patriots Preseason TV Network. The Patriots’ Aug. 28 game at Washington will be broadcast to a national audience by CBS, so it should be easier to watch a decent quality version of that game.

If you are in the US just go to a sports bar they will have some of the games on along with baseball sadly

I actually love you Keyser. You excited for the Wembley game yet?

I actually love you Keyser. You excited for the Wembley game yet?

Yeah, I’m looking forward to it. The Pats should be in good form by then and hopefully we will see some big plays like there was last year, which the defensive players blamed on the field conditions. I’m not sold on the Bucs at the moment with the changes they are going through with a new coach, rookie QB (or Leftwich) and the loss of Brooks etc. Hopefully, they end up being a decent team, I want it to be a competitive game. If it gets to the third quarter, the pitch is torn up and the games bordering on a blowout, Bill will pull the key players. Even if he is aware KeyserSoze from the Internet is present.

Brady looked good last night (interception apart) and was in the Shotgun on 16 of the 24 snaps. He also stepped into the little pressure the Eagles brought and kept his eyes downfield, he didn’t look skittish at all. In a funny way I wanted him to take a big sack, once he does I think it will take away any doubts that he may have in the back of his mind. He even converted a third-and-1 on his feet, which shows how comfortable they must be. Julian Edelman was impressive too as were LeSean McCoy and Jeremy Maclin from the Eagles at times.

Chris Simms should be the Broncos starter this year, he is a far better pro QB than Kyle fecking Orton

So is Favre watch over for good this time??

"I'm leaving an incredible opportunity on the table, and that opportunity is not coming back.'' Brett Favre, July 28.

"I'm sure I'll regret my decision down the road.'' Brett Favre, July 28.

Tarnished legacy. I doubt the Pack will boo him, but they should.

vikings-jersey.jpg

"I'm leaving an incredible opportunity on the table, and that opportunity is not coming back.'' Brett Favre, July 28.

"I'm sure I'll regret my decision down the road.'' Brett Favre, July 28.

Tarnished legacy. I doubt the Pack will boo him, but they should.

I can see the Packer Fans booing him when he comes back as they are probably just annoyed with him like everyone else.

I can see the Packer Fans booing him when he comes back as they are probably just annoyed with him like everyone else.

i expect some booing but most fans probably won't know what to do. they'll probably just stand there with their mouths open. when he goes down, and he will, or when he throws an interception, and he will, the place will go crazy.

Imagine if Marino had left Miami to join the Jets or had Aikman signed with the Redskins (apparently Snyder talked to Aikman in 2001). This is what a Packers fan must feel like today. Assuming they really care to be honest.

Imagine if Marino had left Miami to join the Jets or had Aikman signed with the Redskins (apparently Snyder talked to Aikman in 2001). This is what a Packers fan must feel like today. Assuming they really care to be honest.

Well the latter part is an interesting question, does it REALLY matter? Has he REALLY still got the mass respects amongst the Packers fanbase anymore to the point where this signing even means anything to them?

I don't know what ran through his head doing this, but he's a fecking idiot.

Plax got two years for shooting himself in a night club today

in related news

Dante Stallworth got 23 days for driving drunk and running over and killing someone

Damn, I'm proud to be an American

Anyone know of any streams for the Patriots pre-season game?

in related news

Dante Stallworth got 23 days for driving drunk and running over and killing someone

I believe he also was in possession of marijuana. Plax is going to be 34 when he gets out, might be hard for him to get a new team because he will still probably be suspended for a few games.

in related news

To be fair, the normal sentence for that sort of crime in New York is 3 years. He got a year taken off for the plea, but if anything, he got off easy.

As far as I've heard/read, Stallworth's accident would've happened had he been drunk or not. Also it was an accident so it's manslaughter whereas gun possession may have a greater signal of intent to harm. Stallworth has fully cooperated with authorities and has done everything he could to make it up to the victim's family (short of giving the guy his life back of course). He's also under two years house arrest. Yeah it's house arrest in what I assume to be a large house, but it's still not freedom. 1000 hours of community service on top of that, 8 years of probation, and a lifetime suspension of his Florida driver's license.

If you look at it from the perspective that Plax didn't hurt anyone but himself but Stallworth killed a guy, yeah it looks bad. But we don't know what Plax was doing with the gun. I assume he only had it for protection, but what if it didn't shoot him in the leg and actually hit someone else? Plax put a lot of people in danger with what he did, and that's why New York has such a stiff penalty for it.

Quick read on how fast Bolt could possibly run the 40 in

Usain Bolt would run the 40 in WHAT?!

Usain Bolt is as tall as Calvin Johnson(notes) (6-5) and he's faster than any human, ever. Thus it shouldn't be a surprise that we occasionally speculate about his NFL potential. The world record holder in the 100-meters and 200-meters would probably hold his own at the combine.

In fact, Bolt would likely shame anyone else who's ever competed. After reviewing 20-meter splits from the world championships, ESPN track and field reporter Larry Rawson declared that Bolt would run an NFL-style 40-yard dash in … well, in an absurd time. Almost inconceivably low. Way less than four seconds. You can listen to Rawson right here. These were his comments:

LR: "Forty yards, if he was being hand-timed by a scout and reacting to his movement - not electronically timed the way they do it [in track and field] - his 40-yard dash on a track, in spikes, would be 3.73 seconds."

Host: [Laughter] "He would run a sub four-second 40-yard dash?"

LR: "Listen, I did the math as though it was electronically timed, which it's not for football – electronically timed – and it came out to 3.97 seconds."

You'll recall that Oakland recently gave a five-year, $38 million contract to Darrius Heyward-Bey(notes) based largely on the fact that he was the fastest receiver in his draft class. He ran a 4.30.

We can't say exactly what's in the heart of Raiders owner Al Davis – probably methane, metal gears, bats – but it seems safe to assume that he would be willing to spend something like $194 billion over five years for a guy with 3.73 speed.

People have estimated Bolt's 40 before, of course, and the projections are all over the place: 4.22, 3.9 to 4.0, 4.0 to 4.2. When elite sprinters go 100 meters, they don't even hit top speed within the first 40. (Again, check the splits).

But of course if Bolt were to train for a shorter distance, you'd expect a different result. And if you review the video of Bolt's most recent 100, you'll note that he holds a discernible lead over the field – presumably the next seven fastest men in the world – by the 20-meter mark. He's fast early; he's fast late. Rawson says that at top speed, Bolt covers 40 yards in less than three seconds.

Pittsburgh receiver Hines Ward(notes) speaks for us all when he says that he'd like to see what Bolt could achieve in the NFL. But Ward also downplays the importance of straight-line speed:

"In this game, you have to have great hips and great footwork to get in and out of routes. You can take a fast guy like a Bolt, he might be able to run only one way," Ward said Monday. "He has to stop and turn. For me, I'll take a guy with quickness and great route-running ability over speed. But you can't teach speed."

And even if you could teach speed, you couldn't teach whatever Bolt has.

But why, you might reasonably ask, is this a fantasy topic? Because I've fielded more questions about Usain Bolt over the past week, since the 9.58, than about every rookie running back combined. If your league allows you to draft anyone without regard to NFL employment status and retain their rights for multiple seasons, then Bolt has at least crossed your mind.

But c'mon. Bolt is making a giant pile of money right now and he doesn't have to deal with defenders trying to maul him. Back in April, the New York Times reported that Bolt's endorsement earnings may exceed $3 million this year and he's eyeing the $10 million threshold by 2012. That's Larry Fitzgerald(notes) money without the tackling. Bolt simply has to run as fast as he can, unimpeded. No need for LaRon Landry(notes) to enter the discussion.

So forget him and his hypothetical 3.73, fantasy owner. Forget him, Al. Bolt is a little too good at his current profession … and anyway, he prefers soccer.

I'm extremely excited for the 49ers @ Cowboys game coming up on Saturday. Not to see the teams play but mostly to watch the punting.

I want Andy Lee to hit the feckin screen. And I want him to do it two or three times in a row just to hammer in the point.

Patriots on CBS tonight isn't it? So should therefore be easier to get me a stream!

It's on Friday night, Muller. Streams should be easier to find for this game as you say.

Did you watch the Bengals game on the one I sent you last time?

It's on Friday night, Muller. Streams should be easier to find for this game as you say.

Did you watch the Bengals game on the one I sent you last time?

I did pal, did I not thank you for that? Sorry mate!

Feel red faced now, no idea why I thought it was tonight. Ah well, can have a good lie in Saturday. Thanks mate, again you prove to be my NFL angel.

Well a marquee receiver is gonna be on the move soon

Brandon Marshall was just smacking balls thrown to him yesterday

Good job McDaniels way to alienate and trade your two best players, the motherfecker must be one of those guys that thinks a loss can be a win

Well a marquee receiver is gonna be on the move soon

Brandon Marshall was just smacking balls thrown to him yesterday

Good job McDaniels way to alienate and trade your two best players, the motherfecker must be one of those guys that thinks a loss can be a win

Are you watching/did you watch the NFL Live interview with Marshall?

What did he say ?

Basically, that half of it was frustration and the other half was blown out of proportion. It was the first 30 minutes of practice and he lost his head a little bit when he drop kicked the balls away from the ballboys and batted down passes, but the part of the video that shows him just sitting down came from before practice even started, but the way it's shown on tv it makes him look like he's just pouting in the middle of practice.

Also ownership promised him that he'd be traded, but that happened months ago. If he isn't traded by the start of the season he'll have to be a professional about it.

His words.

Basically, that half of it was frustration and the other half was blown out of proportion. It was the first 30 minutes of practice and he lost his head a little bit when he drop kicked the balls away from the ballboys and batted down passes, but the part of the video that shows him just sitting down came from before practice even started, but the way it's shown on tv it makes him look like he's just pouting in the middle of practice.

Also ownership promised him that he'd be traded, but that happened months ago. If he isn't traded by the start of the season he'll have to be a professional about it.

His words.

I cant imagine any team would really want to trade for him anyways. Great talent but way too much baggage off the field, and the Broncos would want a pretty penny for him too. All round bad investment that would be