Nfl 2009-2010

Just going off what NFL scouts and college analysts have been stating the past year about him. He's not a quarterback by NFL standards is what has been said. His running style would see him get murdered in the NFL. He goes for power in college which would see him get knocked out a few times at the pro level. He's not elusive either, certainly not like Steve Young was. If he learns to be a pocket passer 90% and run 10% or less, he could transition to a legit QB in the NFL. But he's not a super strong arm like Cutler or Elway. I think he'll transition to FB or H-Back in the NFL and could play a "Slash" role, maybe the odd Randle El/Hines Ward. I'd be very shocked if he's a full-time QB in the NFL, as a backup or starter.

Yeah basically all of them dont think he is a pro QB but is talented enough to play another position in the NFL, I think FB/ H-Back will work for too as he is fecking beast

Put it this way... he's a bigger version of Eric Crouch and not near the pocket passer Crouch was (until he went to Nebraska and played in that outdated system; at Stanford he was being used as a pocket passer). Crouch was drafted to be a safety/special teams guy. He balked at that and quit. Now Tebow could take that leap next season much like Vince Young did, and do remember many scouts saw Young as a WR until that championship season.

There is no probably about it.

I wouldn't, and it isnt gonna happen SD sleptwalk through most of last season and still won the division, without Cutler the Broncos are a mile behind them as are KC and Oakland. I hope the Broncos and Bears do feck all next and Goodell alters the rookie contract structure, so the Broncos will end up with the high first rounders that won't cost them that much.

That is the one thing that pisses me off about the NFL. How can a team commit so much money to a player who has never played a down in the NFL. It can totally screw a team if that player is a bust

McCoy most likely will but Tebow won't be a QB in the NFL, if he decides to play there.

I think Tebow will be a QB in the NFL, but he might take time to develop. There are some pretty shitty QB's in the NFL at the moment

That is the one thing that pisses me off about the NFL. How can a team commit so much money to a player who has never played a down in the NFL. It can totally screw a team if that player is a bust

Supposedly a rookie cap will be in place by 2010 or 2011, depends on when the next CBA is completed, if one is. The veterans see this as more money for them. I think it's ridiculous a young kid can get so much money without proving oneself. I like how the NBA addressed this bullshit system and now the player must prove himself for 2-4 seasons, though many seem to get max contracts by then which I guess is ok if the player truly earned it.

As much as i like the draft system, its really silly. Has turned No.1 overall pick from a blessing that can turn a franchise around, to a curse. I think most teams would trade down if they could.

Any news on the Taylor or Peppers to Patriots fronts?

Seems at this time that he is open to going back to Miami, where his wife and children still live. Joey Porter and Channing Crowder have also come out and given their vocal support in terms of that materialising. It all depends on the Tuna I think, if he was to accept him back after all that went on I think it would be for closer to the veteran minimum than the $8.5 million he left on the table in Washington.

The thing about Peppers is that he has still not signed his franchise tender. Which means teams can talk to his agent but can't actually make a feasible trade with the Panthers until he does. Unless the team was willing to give up the two first rounders that is, which he is not worth for me. Bill actually commented on it in detail a few weeks ago, which is strange enough in itself and indicates he may have just been playing with the media. He said he would recommend that a player in that situation who wants out should sign it so the teams can negotiate: Link

Just for those that dont already know about it,

Goal Line Blitz.

Highly addictive free game where you create your own player and train him, and act as his agent.

Might keep you ticking over until the preseason.

LeBron would have been a sick WR, but he is better Bball player.

The Broncos are gonna get skull fecked with their schedule

Steelers schedule looks pretty piss easy- in comparison to the patriots anyway..

The NFL rotating schedule formula is flawed in some aspects for me.

For example, on Reiss’s Pieces he outlined that the Pats are playing the Colts on the road for the third straight season while they visited the Pats three years in a row previously. It is due to us always finishing in the same place within our respective divisional standings though, so can’t really be avoided under the current structure to be fair. At least my favourite game of the year at the Jets comes early on.

Have any of you Americans seen much of Larry English (Northern Illinois) and Jasper Brinkley (South Carolina), in terms of full games? English looks like a stout pass rusher with a mean streak (from the footage I have seen), while Brinkley reportedly has the size, power and talent to play in a 3-4 but had a knee injury which will lead to him being a late round pick.

Sky Sports wont be showing the draft live this year due to its "existing schedule" which is complete BS.

The more I think about it, the more I can see Detroit going with Jason Smith or Eugene Monroe. Stafford's rookie season probably wouldnt be much of an upgrade on Culpepper anyway, and it also allows them to wait for one of Tebow, Bradford or McCoy in next years draft, who to be fair are much better prospects than Stafford or Sanchez.

What do you expect from Matt Ryan next season?

Well it looks like out offence will be the same for the most part, the only flaw in his game was a lack of understanding from his O-Line and recievers early in the season.

The ceiling is so high it's scary...

He had great rookie numbers to warrant possibly a likewise season next year, targets like 20 TD's, 3,500 yards, 90 QB Rat, 10 or less INT's seem to be fair, and what he does from there is up to him.

Well it looks like out offence will be the same for the most part, the only flaw in his game was a lack of understanding from his O-Line and recievers early in the season.

The ceiling is so high it's scary...

He had great rookie numbers to warrant possibly a likewise season next year, targets like 20 TD's, 3,500 yards, 90 QB Rat, 10 or less INT's seem to be fair, and what he does from there is up to him.

What do you think about Vick possibly making a comeback in the NFL? And what position do you think needs most attention in the draft?

What do you think about Vick possibly making a comeback in the NFL? And what position do you think needs most attention in the draft?

I say let him, there's no need to let him have no job when he's done his time... his image has suffered and he's going to hold this above his head for the rest of his football career, let him play.

Most attention for us? Secondary and some depth at LB, keep young, keep fit, we'll have a D to handle in 2-3 years.

I seriously think this team has more potential than any of the Falcons teams in the 00's, and I can see alot of similarities (Other than the running game) with this team and the '98 team

Jamal Anderson was a horse that year, had nothing on TD though

Jamal Anderson was a horse that year, had nothing on TD though

Wild innit? The type of yeah he had and he was the second best running back that season, pays true respect to how awesome Terrell Davis was in his prime.

Wild innit? The type of yeah he had and he was the second best running back that season, pays true respect to how awesome Terrell Davis was in his prime.

fecking incredible, we had a fair few decent back in Denver over the past 12 years, and Portis was the only one who was near as good as Davis, and he wasnt as good either. In 1998, had the Broncos not blown out teams in the first half of most of their games, he would have easily got 2500 yards. He was one of the most incredible talents I have seen in the NFL, perfect mix of power and speed, and fecking read his blocks incredibly well.

fecking incredible, we had a fair few decent back in Denver over the past 12 years, and Portis was the only one who was near as good as Davis, and he wasnt as good either. In 1998, had the Broncos not blown out teams in the first half of most of their games, he would have easily got 2500 yards. He was one of the most incredible talents I have seen in the NFL, perfect mix of power and speed, and fecking read his blocks incredibly well.

Him and Faulk were immense at reading blocks and adjusting runs for linebacking blitz'... a real force he was.

New logo for the lions... they cant really do any worse.

Your typical brand strategy that is, where they'll lose in tickets they'll pick up the slack in true fans buying new memoribilia.

Photo8_090420.jpg

Photo1_090420.jpg

Photo17_090420.jpg

It worked for the Broncos and the Bucaneers and the Patriots actually....doubt it will for Detroit

and the Rams

You never know, if they pick Stafford and he turns out to be a good player like Matt Ryan, this summer could be a turning point for the Lions.

Okay, come on already Browns and trade Braylon to the Gmen. We all know it's gonna happen.

So whats going to happen with Boldin kids? Very good player... A better option than picking a mid to low 1st round WR in the draft?

Anderson Searl, what do you think about the trade for Gonzalez?

Is getting Ryan an old but game changing HoF tight end worth the second round pick?

Or would you have preferred a younger option in the draft.

So whats going to happen with Boldin kids? Very good player... A better option than picking a mid to low 1st round WR in the draft?

I think he is a very good player and well worth a low 1st round pick, he is like Wes Welker on every performance enhancer known to man. However, he is not worth the contract that he wants if he gets traded, (somewhere closer to what Fitzgerald got) in my opinion. He is basically a slot receiver not a true number one and does not have enough speed to get past/occupy double teams. His strength is screens, short passes and things of that nature where he can then gain yards after the catch with his running back physique and style of play.

Anderson Searl, what do you think about the trade for Gonzalez?

Is getting Ryan an old but game changing HoF tight end worth the second round pick?

Or would you have preferred a younger option in the draft.

GREAT deal !!!

It reminds me of Vick needing Crumpler, Ryan's only instability last season was lack of tight-end options... now he has the greatest to ever play the game (Shannon Sharpe gets a shout though)...

From what i've read there's not alot of options for the 2010 draft at TE, and there's a few top guys coming out this year who we can pick to fill in once Gonzalez is on his way.

Jared Cook & James Casey are 2 guys who could easily be 2nd or 3rd round picks while we're trying to man up our D.

Eagles gave up a lot to get Jason Peters. Wonder if the media will mention this like they did when Dallas acquired Roy Williams. Doubtful.

It's where having Two frist round picks comes in handy though, in my eyes it's negated by the fact we still have our original pick, and i would happily give up a 4th round + 1 other in 2010 for Peters.

Peters
Herremans
Jackson
Andrews
Andrews.

It's a young line tied up for a good few years yet, that's not bringing Nick Cole who could hopefully step up and try and make his case to be considered as starting Centre.

Less than two days. I'm pretty damn excited partially for the 49ers but mostly for Ramses Barden, a 6'6" wide receiver who goes to Cal Poly with me (well I see him around. It's not like we're good friends or anything.) We've had several players go in the draft but they've been mostly defensive players (most notably Chris Gocong who starts at MLB for Philadelphia). Barden is simply the most electrifying athlete to come out of this school, period. The guy has made catches that I didn't even think were possible and would be a fantastic red zone threat for any team. I'm absolutely praying that he goes to the Niners but I'll be happy to see him be successful on any team, minus the Cowboys, Raiders, or Cardinals. He's projected to go in the third round so look for him there.

Any other local guys you're excited to see go in the draft?