Nfl 2009-2010

Laugh all you want

Charlie Ward won the Heisman where did he end up?

Michael Vick

So where does everyone think he will end up for next season? At a team that cant or wont trade up to get Sanchez/Freeman? Or will he be bought in as a backup?

Would the Broncos be tempted to gamble?

Laugh all you want

Charlie Ward won the Heisman where did he end up?

The New York Knicks

Tebow will still probably be a first rounder though man

Yeah I think someone will fall in love with his skill set and draft him. Supposedly Florida is messing with their offense a bit to have Tebow throw more often. That might help his status a little more. McCoy might be a low first round pick, but who knows what will happen next year. I can not think of to many QB's that are coming out other than Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Lefevre(central Michigan) and Robinson(Oklahoma State)

So where does everyone think he will end up for next season? At a team that cant or wont trade up to get Sanchez/Freeman? Or will he be bought in as a backup?

Does not fit the Broncos offense that they will play next year.

It really shows it all, McDaniels wanted Cassell. What did he go for? The 34th pick in the draft. They trade Jay Cutler. What do they get for 2 first round draft picks, the other teams starting Qb, and a third round pick.

Yeah, Cassell would have been a good pick up, feck that. That said if Cutler had to go this deal with the Bears is far better than the proposed three way deal involving NE and TB. Watch Cassell be a bust in KC.

Yes, Cutler has a bigger arm than Cassel and is probably physically more talented but what you say above is a pretty simplistic way of looking at it and you know it Alex. There are many other factors which influenced the big difference in their values. Timing and the Pats cap situation/player signings, Cassel's $14.6 million salary and there being no long term deal in place (he has still not signed a long term deal with KC), the bargaining position of the Broncos, the possibility that the Pats did not want to trade Cassel to the Broncos and re-unite him with McDaniels, etc.

I think they will both do pretty well at their new teams and hopefully you can come out of the draft with some solid defensive players with the picks to help your transition to the 3-4. Would prefer it if you or KC find a way to finish ahead of San Diego.

The New York Giants have released Plaxico Burress. Things could get difficult for Manning without a true number one.

The New York Giants have released Plaxico Burress. Things could get difficult for Manning without a true number one.

Just saw this, wonder where he will end up? Redskins maybe as they seem to go after anyone or the Raiders as they like to throw money at people as well

Just saw this, wonder where he will end up? Redskins maybe as they seem to go after anyone or the Raiders as they like to throw money at people as well

Regardless he won't be playing this season

Yes, Cutler has a bigger arm than Cassel and is probably physically more talented but what you say above is a pretty simplistic way of looking at it and you know it Alex. There are many other factors which influenced the big difference in their values. Timing and the Pats cap situation/player signings, Cassel's $14.6 million salary and there being no long term deal in place (he has still not signed a long term deal with KC), the bargaining position of the Broncos, the possibility that the Pats did not want to trade Cassel to the Broncos and re-unite him with McDaniels, etc.

I think they will both do pretty well at their new teams and hopefully you can come out of the draft with some solid defensive players with the picks to help your transition to the 3-4. Would prefer it if you or KC find a way to finish ahead of San Diego.

There is no probably about it.

I wouldn't, and it isnt gonna happen SD sleptwalk through most of last season and still won the division, without Cutler the Broncos are a mile behind them as are KC and Oakland. I hope the Broncos and Bears do feck all next and Goodell alters the rookie contract structure, so the Broncos will end up with the high first rounders that won't cost them that much.

Cassel is not exactly Chad Pennington though Alex and he can run well at times too. What, you would not prefer it if your team managed to finish ahead of their rivals, or am I misreading something. San Diego are a mentally weak team and were lucky to win the division last year, you still had your opportunities to win it. Any team managed by Norv Turner has a chance of collapsing when the pressure is on, know matter how talented they are. That said, you did get a helping hand off Hochuli as well.

I'm sure someone like the crazy Emperor in the black hole will be willing to throw a decent amount of cash at him at some point. Once/if his legal problems etc have gone away that is. He could be in prison for at least 3 1/2 years if he is convicted.

Good article on Tebow and McCoy and why at best they might be late first rounders, neither of whom I want on the Broncos either way.

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Tim-Tebow-And-Colt-McCoy-Are-They-NFL-Ready-Blog-15167

Right, but I could easily pull out an article on why its inconceivable that they wont be 1st round picks. There's far more pro articles than there are con articles. I'll accept doubts over McCoy, but not Tebow.

As for Michael Vick, lets just wait and see if he's actually let out first. He's been found out after taking over £1 million from his former employees pension funds.

Very talented guy, one of the best scramblers of all time, but he's an absolute dick.

Cassel is not exactly Chad Pennington though Alex and he can run well at times too. What, you would not prefer it if your team managed to finish ahead of their rivals, or am I misreading something. San Diego are a mentally weak team and were lucky to win the division last year, you still had your opportunities to win it. Any team managed by Norv Turner has a chance of collapsing when the pressure is on, know matter how talented they are. That said, you did get a helping hand off Hochuli as well.

Yes the Broncos are not going to make the playoffs or win the division or win the SuperBowl, that means I am fine with a top 5 pick in that case, that said I would still rather have Cutler. San Diego are mentally strong they won their last 4 games and skull fecked Denver in the finale to get into the playoffs and then beat a hot Indy team. All this without one of the best defensive players in the league and there HOF running back injured most of the season(although with all his wear and tear I have to think we have seen the best of him), face it San Diego are the more talented team, and even if Denver close the gap with a great draft, guess what San Diego will that Denver doesnt............. a good young quarterback.

I think he has the Wildcat written all over him... he'll never play in the NFL as a starting QB again, he barely played in jail for feck sakes, he played basketball.

I'd love to see him put his demons past him and just do what he does best, unfortunitley doubt comes with his ego.

All I can say is if he ever played in the Georgia Dome again, i'd cheer him.

Yeah I think someone will fall in love with his skill set and draft him. Supposedly Florida is messing with their offense a bit to have Tebow throw more often. That might help his status a little more. McCoy might be a low first round pick, but who knows what will happen next year. I can not think of to many QB's that are coming out other than Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Lefevre(central Michigan) and Robinson(Oklahoma State)

Lefevre is disgustingly sick, if Central Michigan get themselves into BCS contention (Which is not out of the question) we're looking at a potential #1 seed.

Tebow is a modern style QB WITH physical ability as opposed to being skinny... he's apparently very focused as well so he'd fit into a side as a back-up successor... I can see one of those mid-first rounder teams that barely miss/just get into the playoffs with a old QB taking a chance, really nothing to lose on this one.

The Giants will make a splash... because of the potential legal trouble they get that money capped in.

I think he has the Wildcat written all over him... he'll never play in the NFL as a starting QB again, he barely played in jail for feck sakes, he played basketball.

I'd love to see him put his demons past him and just do what he does best, unfortunitley doubt comes with his ego.

All I can say is if he ever played in the Georgia Dome again, i'd cheer him.

Lefevre is disgustingly sick, if Central Michigan get themselves into BCS contention (Which is not out of the question) we're looking at a potential #1 seed.

Tebow is a modern style QB WITH physical ability as opposed to being skinny... he's apparently very focused as well so he'd fit into a side as a back-up successor... I can see one of those mid-first rounder teams that barely miss/just get into the playoffs with a old QB taking a chance, really nothing to lose on this one.

The Giants will make a splash... because of the potential legal trouble they get that money capped in.

Yeah I reckon LeFevour is the most promising he just has the tools to make it at the next level. As for Tebow, he doesnt have the arm, and yeah he is physical which means squat in the NFL except for the occassional QB sneak because he isnt as fast or strong as most NFL linebackers.

As for the NYG they are in for Torry Holt apparently

Yes the Broncos are not going to make the playoffs or win the division or win the SuperBowl, that means I am fine with a top 5 pick in that case, that said I would still rather have Cutler. San Diego are mentally strong they won their last 4 games and skull fecked Denver in the finale to get into the playoffs and then beat a hot Indy team. All this without one of the best defensive players in the league and there HOF running back injured most of the season(although with all his wear and tear I have to think we have seen the best of him), face it San Diego are the more talented team, and even if Denver close the gap with a great draft, guess what San Diego will that Denver doesnt............. a good young quarterback.

Don't get me wrong SD are the favourites, as they have been for quite a few years but I don’t think it’s set in stone for the reasons I said above. OAK-KC-TB-DEN were their last four teams in the regular season, all teams with their own problems (such as your defense and injuries) or with players just cashing in their cheques etc. I understand you are pissed about Cutler etc but I just don't know why you would want the financial ramifications that come with a top five pick and for your team not to be competitive. I mean this is the NFL, look at the difference in the performance of the Miami Dolphins over the last two seasons. Then again, who the feck am I to tell you how to support your own team.

If we go for a WR in the first round such as Crabtree, i very much doubt we would go for Burress.

I think the Raiders need to sign either a quality WR or offernsive tackle in the first round, to give Russel a chance of having a good season.

If we go for a WR in the first round such as Crabtree, i very much doubt we would go for Burress.

I think the Raiders need to sign either a quality WR or offernsive tackle in the first round, to give Russel a chance of having a good season.

Who do you support, also Crabtree will be gone in the first five picks, as great as he was in college I dont think he will be a pro great, he is only 6 1.5 and is slower than first thought, these things dont make a player but the NFL has the best athletes in the US so they will probably hold him back, I see him as a poor mans Boldin, which isnt a bad thing but not worthy of a top 5 pick, WRs are great but they can be picked later, the only WR who I agree with being a top pick in the last several years has been Larry Fitzgerald as I think he will be considered the best WR ever this side of Jerry Rice when all is said and done. Maybe Andre Johnson as he has been great, but my point is it is hard to predict great WRs, although one who was criminally underrated due to character issues was Moss who slipped down to No 21 in 1999 and could have been one of the first players taken, only Leaf( :lol: ) and Manning were better prospects. I bet the Colts are glad they took Manning :lol:

In regards to your comment about Vick, I would fecking love if the Broncos went after him. I was at possibly his most complete game as an NFL QB v Denver on 11/1/2004 and he was magnificient. He reminds me of Randall Cunningham actually who had a renaissance himself, if the Broncos got him now and he rid himself of all the shit that went on off the field he could be damn good. When you consider all the shit he was doing off field, he was still a very good NFL QB, one of the few who is talented to succeed despite not fitting in the prototypical NFL QB mold. For me and a lot of Broncos fans who have a sour taste in our mouth after the Cutler ordeal especially towards McDaniels it would show a commitment to winning. Say what you like about Vick he was inhumane to animals and all, which I dont agree with, but look at all the fur manufacturers they do the same thing daily, and that wasnt even the thing that got him jail time, it was the interstate gambling

In regards to your comment about Vick, I would fecking love if the Broncos went after him. I was at possibly his most complete game as an NFL QB v Denver on 11/1/2004 and he was magnificient. He reminds me of Randall Cunningham actually who had a renaissance himself, if the Broncos got him now and he rid himself of all the shit that went on off the field he could be damn good. When you consider all the shit he was doing off field, he was still a very good NFL QB, one of the few who is talented to succeed despite not fitting in the prototypical NFL QB mold. For me and a lot of Broncos fans who have a sour taste in our mouth after the Cutler ordeal especially towards McDaniels it would show a commitment to winning. Say what you like about Vick he was inhumane to animals and all, which I dont agree with, but look at all the fur manufacturers they do the same thing daily, and that wasnt even the thing that got him jail time, it was the interstate gambling

vick was a terrible quarterback. good runner/wild arm/bad decision maker. that would be a big mistake for the broncos, for any team, to go after him. the broncos got a lot for cutler and should benefit greatly. the bears are a legitimate threat now. as a Packers fan i'm not happy. btw...i'm from colorado too.

vick was a terrible quarterback. good runner/wild arm/bad decision maker. that would be a big mistake for the broncos, for any team, to go after him. the broncos got a lot for cutler and should benefit greatly. the bears are a legitimate threat now. as a Packers fan i'm not happy. btw...i'm from colorado too.

that was his only problem, as was cutlers to a lesser degree. I think that decision making is down to experience and coaching, the game in Denver in 04 he was immaculate. I'd have him over Simms and Orton though, and he would be cheap. Vick is the only QB in the NFL that is faster than all the defenders that he plays against and can thus run when he needs to, I think he will be one to watch. I rate him, and doubthe wants to go back to jail, he has all the talent in the world, and a great arm, not many QBs can flick their wrist and throw it 40 yds

vick was a terrible quarterback. good runner/wild arm/bad decision maker.

Vick WASN'T a terrible QB, there's a horrible grand assumption he wasn't a great QB and that's just wrong.

First his arm: VERY powerful, average accuracy, but for the majority of his Atlanta career he didn't have one GOOD QB... Roddy White was coming along as Vick was going away, and it's bad timing... the right coach and the right recievers, Vick would have broke 3,000 yards this past year. Saying his arm was "wild" is a bit over the top, given i've watched him about 100 times between college and the NFL.

His running game being blocked down would have forced him into development as a natural thrower and we would have seen it this season.

As for his decision making, it was growing out of him to say the VERY least.

THAT said, he'll never be a starting QB again, he'll be a member of a wildcat offence.

pueblo. have lots of family in alamosa, some in grand junction. i miss it sometimes. where are you exactly?

I lived in Denver twice for many many years, as well as the Springs for two years

AS the Wildcat is a shit formation, the reason it worked v the Pats that time, is not down to personnel or any thing like that it was soley down to it's originality.

Vick WASN'T a terrible QB, there's a horrible grand assumption he wasn't a great QB and that's just wrong.

played in six seasons, had a career qb rating of 75.7, and never threw for 3000 yards. here are his stats.

here, in contrast, are jay fiedler's stats, who no one would ever swoon over. they played about the same number of games and his numbers are better.

vick was entertaining, amazing at times, inconsistant, and very frustrating.

Vick had nearly 4,000 yards rushing in his career, he was far better than Fielder.

Oh and John Elway's career rating is 79.9, but is widely considered in the top 3 QBs of all time

Vick had nearly 4,000 yards rushing in his career, he was far better than Fielder.

Oh and John Elway's career rating is 79.9, but is widely considered in the top 3 QBs of all time

true about the rushing stat. but i'm talking about qb skills. elway's rating is high for qbs of his time. remember, he started playing in 1955 :D. his great arm, long career, and never say die attitude are the stuff hof'ers are made of. nobody would use elway and vick in the same sentence.

Yeah the West Coast offense has greatly increased QB rating, that's why Montana and Young had such high ratings, also the fact they played with great wideouts and great teams. Yeah Elway went to 5 different SuperBowls, for 3 of them he was the entire team, when he had support they won.

Who do you support, also Crabtree will be gone in the first five picks, as great as he was in college I dont think he will be a pro great, he is only 6 1.5 and is slower than first thought, these things dont make a player but the NFL has the best athletes in the US so they will probably hold him back, I see him as a poor mans Boldin, which isnt a bad thing but not worthy of a top 5 pick, WRs are great but they can be picked later, the only WR who I agree with being a top pick in the last several years has been Larry Fitzgerald as I think he will be considered the best WR ever this side of Jerry Rice when all is said and done. Maybe Andre Johnson as he has been great, but my point is it is hard to predict great WRs, although one who was criminally underrated due to character issues was Moss who slipped down to No 21 in 1999 and could have been one of the first players taken, only Leaf( :lol: ) and Manning were better prospects. I bet the Colts are glad they took Manning :lol:

Im a Raiders fan, i suppose it wouldnt be fair if i supported Utd and a really good team in the NFL aswell...

Im not sure if a WR will go in the top five as there are several very good OT's this year, along with at least one QB. I guess it will all change if teams start trading up.

I have a feeling Vick could just turn out to be a good signing for someone, sport is funny like that. All of this time out of top level football though is likely to mean he will take time to get back into the swing of things.

played in six seasons, had a career qb rating of 75.7, and never threw for 3000 yards. here are his stats.

here, in contrast, are jay fiedler's stats, who no one would ever swoon over. they played about the same number of games and his numbers are better.

vick was entertaining, amazing at times, inconsistant, and very frustrating.

Frustrating, yes... but later in his career frustration translated into bad receiving and poor game management from coaches... Vick did his part, he wasn't given the tools necessary to break through.

McCoy most likely will but Tebow won't be a QB in the NFL, if he decides to play there.

Bold statement, I think one more year of solid play and Tebow is a first rounder, no question in my mind he could be a game-changer in the NFL

What do you guys think of the reports coming out regarding certain draft prospects? Think it will lead to them sliding? Unsubstantiated rumours at this point but there are links with Brian Cushing (not for the first time) and Clay Matthews to steroids. BJ Raji, Vontae Davis and Percy Harvin may have tested positive for Marijuana at the combine as well, apparently.

What do you guys think of the reports coming out regarding certain draft prospects? Think it will lead to them sliding? Unsubstantiated rumours at this point but there are links with Brian Cushing (not for the first time) and Clay Matthews to steroids. BJ Raji, Vontae Davis and Percy Harvin may have tested positive for Marijuana at the combine as well, apparently.

Shows three things:

1) Lack of discipline in College
2) Lack of commitment by these young men
3) The NFL is not immune to the steroid issue, but it can't be brought forth until there's a mass finding because it will all but kill the sport.

Not surprised you can smoke it all you want in college, they tip the players off at these big schools so they get a clean sample.

Bold statement, I think one more year of solid play and Tebow is a first rounder, no question in my mind he could be a game-changer in the NFL

Just going off what NFL scouts and college analysts have been stating the past year about him. He's not a quarterback by NFL standards is what has been said. His running style would see him get murdered in the NFL. He goes for power in college which would see him get knocked out a few times at the pro level. He's not elusive either, certainly not like Steve Young was. If he learns to be a pocket passer 90% and run 10% or less, he could transition to a legit QB in the NFL. But he's not a super strong arm like Cutler or Elway. I think he'll transition to FB or H-Back in the NFL and could play a "Slash" role, maybe the odd Randle El/Hines Ward. I'd be very shocked if he's a full-time QB in the NFL, as a backup or starter.