Nfl 2009-2010

Logic would dictate that if the player's chest broke the plain then the ball must have as well. But I guess since the replay can't see the ball then you can't use logic.

Edelman, great individual play there, and all day from here really.

Excited for him.

I read some message boards where Eagles fans are complaining about the PI at the 1 yard line. The defender ran into the receiver as he was adjusting to make a catch and the defender was not making a play on the ball. Clear PI according to the rules.

Absolutely gutting result for me today. Really though we could have caused Ravens problems with a completely new attack, but we had no spark from the first play. Sucker punch with that first run, and its been almost downhill from there.

Edelmen been a fantastic player today, and last week. We need Welker back though if we are to challenge next year. An ok return season for Brady, but he needs to play ALOT more consistently next year, along with Moss.

Fair play to whoever that was telling Ray Lewis " Don't be a douche man" after he was taunting the fans.

And, Congratulations to the Ravens. Deserved that win. Pure energy from the first play. Hope Lewis breaks his arm though. Cock.

Fair play, muller and Keyser. Technically you guys did improve from last year as far as results go, although with the amount of talent on your team, it probably doesn't feel like it. Better luck next year.

Would love to see Green Bay pull this one out.

I like both of these teams, would like either to win the Big game in all honesty.

Thanks jv, pretty much summed it up. A frustrating season, especially losing Wes, our MVP, last week.

This Ravens team is reminding me more and more of the 2000 team that won the SuperBowl. Wild card, going on the road and kicking the shit out of every team they were supposed to lose to.

Despite my allegiance to Dallas, I would love it, just luvit, if Green Bay made the Super Bowl at the expense of Minnesota (and that QB the media can't get enough masturbation of).

The failure of the Joey Galloway experiment troubled the Patriots a lot of the season and was ultimately a part of today’s performance. Even though they managed to get to minutes from a Superbowl in 2006 with Reche Caldwell as Brady's number one receiver there is an even bigger drop off with the likes of Aiken, Slater and Edelman (as promising as he looks) out there. It’s also pretty clear that Ben Watson will never fulfil the athletic ability that he has been blessed with now. He struggles to make plays on the ball when it’s in the air and it often leads to interceptions, like today.

Brady never truly hit his peak this year after coming off the injury lay-off and getting banged up during the season. He was not able to handle the blitz and spread the ball around to second rate receivers today like he has in the past and was not great. Considering the historical performances of players coming off that injury he had a solid year overall though - with flashes of brilliance and I was more than happy with his comeback. I think he will return even better next season with a full off-season behind him.

The enigma that is Randy Moss once again had a drop-off in the Playoffs as well as cold weather and although he is a hall of fame talent he is running out of time to establish himself as a truly ‘Rice-esque’ great one in my opinion. That may sound a bit silly and knee jerk with all he has achieved in the game but there are still questions to be answered. You can’t allow yourself to be taken out of games like today when the rest of the offensive options are mediocre and the chips are down.

It was an enjoyable season and a truly great decade. I hope to see the Cowboys take it all this year.

The more i think about it, Warner has to be considered one of the all time great QBs. SuperBowl winner, three SuperBowl appearances with multiple teams, SuperBowl MVP, 100 TD passes with multiple teams. Fantastic player.

I still can't place Warner in that category that includes Marino, Montana, Unitas, Staubach, Elway, Tarkenton, Young, Aikman, P Manning, Brady, Bradshaw.

Maybe it's that he's been around the league and didn't do it solely with one club. Maybe it's that he's always played in a bloated system. Perhaps he's more a product of the modern pass happy era.

I suppose he's like Fouts although he's won a championship and played for two more, something Fouts never had the opportunity to do. Fouts is a HOFer so I suppose Warner should be in that sense. But I'd put him in that tier just below the true all-time great QBs.

That should have been holding on the Cardinals OL-man as well as a hand to the face of Warner. Should be offsetting and replay down. Typical officials overprotecting the QB.

Why would they do that kick there??

They let it rip to see if it would go through Uprights

Why

I still can't place Warner in that category that includes Marino, Montana, Unitas, Staubach, Elway, Tarkenton, Young, Aikman, P Manning, Brady, Bradshaw.

Maybe it's that he's been around the league and didn't do it solely with one club. Maybe it's that he's always played in a bloated system. Perhaps he's more a product of the modern pass happy era.

I suppose he's like Fouts although he's won a championship and played for two more, something Fouts never had the opportunity to do. Fouts is a HOFer so I suppose Warner should be in that sense. But I'd put him in that tier just below the true all-time great QBs.

Its natural for people to not put Warner in the same breath as the ones you mentioned. I think part of it is because he was a late bloomer. But in reality he's done everything necessary to be considered in that top group.

Unbelievable game. Can't remember a playoff game like this in 30 years of watching the NFL. The only one that springs to mind was the Dolphins-Chargers classic in 1981.