Nfl 2009-2010

Drew Brees kind of talked about this recently by the way:

“It’s an honour to be put anywhere near the same category as him,” Brees said of the Patriots quarterback, with whom he’ll share the Louisiana Superdome stage Monday night when New England visits the unbeaten Saints. “He will go down as one of the best of all time.”

“If you just stood the two of us next to each other, we wouldn’t look anything alike, so maybe you’d say that our styles are a little different,” Brees said. “But in the end you want the result to be the same: you win football games and you win championships. Obviously he has three (NFL titles) and I’m still trying to get that first.”

“I’m certainly not trying to make it quarterback against quarterback,” Brees said. “My offense is trying to score more than his offense … but it is exciting to share the field with guys like that.”

I guess Marino isnt top tier

Don't be silly Alex, that's not really relevant to what I have said. Marino is Dan fecking Marino, are you really trying to make a direct comparison with him and Brees at this point due to his recent passing numbers in an 8-8 season etc? He did not exactly take the league by storm with the Chargers up until he found a home in New Orleans. I mean no disrespect, I just don't think he is as good as Brady or Manning and that's not exactly an outrageous opinion.

It is a fair point to keep the others in there, but look at other positions like running back all you need to do is put up numbers to be elite(chris johnson, AP) sure I d take Brady or Manning over him anyday but that doesn t mean that Brees should not be considered elite given his numbers

It seems that the only place our opinions differ is what we see as elite then, over the last few years Brees is obviously right there on a statistical level. I see what you are saying with the running back position but playing QB is different for me in terms of it’s importance and their affect on the game etc. Look how many backs have an immediate statistical impact in the league compared to QB’s. Regardless, Brees is brilliant, playing as well as anyone in the position right now and is marginally my choice for MVP at this point. He will probably end up chucking it all over the Patriots tonight and winning in one of the biggest games of the year, while Brady has a three pick game after my ramblings.

Can't wait for this one.

Brees will have a big game, but the Patriots will have too much for the Saints imo.

Patriots by 7, unfortunately.

The Patriots should pull it out, but I wouldnt be surprised if the Saints hit them hard and do so early

Who are you going to trade him for at this hour?

No-one. I dont have a fantasy football team like you lot probably do. Closest I have is the NFLUK version, where you pick a team out of anyone, with each player commanding a certain amount out of your total budget.

I just thought that I would try to be helpful to those of you who hadn't heard or cared.

The Patriots should pull it out, but I wouldnt be surprised if the Saints hit them hard and do so early

Yup, I agree. Think we will behind at the half, but will end up winning by 7-12. Hoping anyway.

Suck it up and then crash when I get in from work about 6 tomorrow evening. Its worth it though.

Even the shite Colts game. Cracking entertainment, even if we did lose.

Randy Moss' beard has to be one of the coolest in sport, although this is better

88863.jpg

I dont like the Safety on that long first pass. No pressure on Henderson at all really. Caught it low.

Our youthful defense look a little overawed, and I dont blame them. The crowd and atmosphere are quite amazing.

I want them to settle down now, and not allow the long passes or yards after catch or contact, that we haven't all season. Keeping them to FG's though is good enough for me. Come on Brady!

I have to say, I love the way they don't automatically kick on 4th down situations

I know they got burnt against the Colts, but it pays off for them much more often

Fantastic drive, really impressed with that. Was unsure about that last 4 and 1 line calling, they put the ball down by the side of the 5 line, whenMaroney clearly went over it. Anyway, hope we dont have to rely on 4th conversions all night!

Come on Pats!

My roommate and I like to say that we respect the hell out of Belichick because he plays the real game as if he were playing Madden.

I must confess to turning on the option that prevents those sort of 4th down plays

You can't not respect what he has acheived, it's like our own SAF, you have to be the most biased opposition supporter to not respect him, even if it is begrudgingly

SAF has quite more class though

The media etc are really starting to overrate Brandon Meriweather.

He still has flaws and a lot to work on, especially his tackling in the open field.

Doubt it considering the punishment was loss of a first rounder

Agh FFS!! Brady picked then another long play. After Welker brilliant return too. Bloody hell!

The crowd were so quiet after that Welker return, and now listen to them. Brady breathed life back into them in huge numbers. 1-0 NO.

Momentum is the Saints, which I am not suprised about. Brady not looking how he has in the last few weeks, but its still relatively early.

Although I dont know that I would have saints 1/2 to win the game already..