Nfl 2009-2010

Ed Reed picks the ball off deep, returns it and switches his teams field position. Never seen that before.

What the feck was Ed Reed thinking there?

And the Colts recovered the ball but I think Reed gets saved as replay might show his knee was down. I think he had already let it come out though.

Mark 'Sanchise' looks shaky so far but is not being helped by his receivers at all. One seemed to run the wrong route leading to a pick six by Leigh Bodden and Braylon Edwards just had a bad drop on third down. His hands are awful.

Even though it seems silly complaining about it when it was successful, I really disliked the throw Brady just made for the touchdown to Moss. It's too risky a play for any QB on a first down and five in the red zone. One slip by Moss or a good break on the ball by Revis and it's not only the end of the drive, but it's six points for the other team. That said, get the feck in.

Hehe. Theres just something about seeing Brady throw a TD pass though that I will never get tired of. That, and Welker being his amazing, amazing self.

To make things worse the Chiefs just returned the opening kick off for a score.

Special teams is becoming a more serious issue for the Steelers week after week.

Eight returns for touchdowns on the season against the Steelers. I knew it was bad but not that bad.

Fantasy football horror story: Replaced Stafford and Chambers with Colston and Betts, 20 minutes before kickoff.

Really.. why o why does our defense seem to go through patches in games where they make no impact at all?

They normally come out of the other side, but its worrying.

Nice.

Chris Moyles Parody Album out on iTunes.

Has nothing to do with the NFL, but um.. just wanted to share. Nana Nana Window.

Giants win the OT lottery. When will the OT rules be changed to give both teams a chance.

Seems like an easy fix to me. Madden rules in my apartment outlaw field goals in overtime. If you're going to win without giving the other team a chance to score, at least do it by driving all the way down the field and scoring a touchdown or by getting a safety. Those are significantly more difficult and more meaningful than kicking a field goal.

Seems like an easy fix to me. Madden rules in my apartment outlaw field goals in overtime. If you're going to win without giving the other team a chance to score, at least do it by driving all the way down the field and scoring a touchdown or by getting a safety. Those are significantly more difficult and more meaningful than kicking a field goal.

Great idea.

Imagine in baseball if the road team scores in the top half of the tenth inning and the home team doesn't get to bat because they didn't play good enough defense.

Or in the NBA, if the first team in possession scores and that's it.

That's how ridiculous NFL overtime is. But at least it's not artificial like college football.

Imagine in baseball if the road team scores in the top half of the tenth inning and the home team doesn't get to bat because they didn't play good enough defense.

That's how ridiculous NFL overtime is. But at least it's not artificial like college football.

There's definitely camps that say that defense is a part of the game too and you need to show you can play defense to win (also don't forget the games that ended because an interception or fumble was returned for a touchdown). So I don't mind only one team getting a possession as long as it's a meaningful one where they absolutely show they deserve to win. This crap of driving 35 yards and kicking a field goal is a bit lame. Like Costas said at halftime yesterday, holding the other team to a field goal is almost a victory for the defense. Same with the college system where you're almost guaranteed a score since you start at the opposing 25 yard line.

I don't care if changing NFL overtime rules results in more ties. If anything that makes the standings more interesting.

I don't know how on earth anyone can expect a defense that has played it's ass off for 30+ minutes is suddenly expected to stop an opposing offense in overtime and then if they can't for whatever reason(s), their offense doesn't get a chance. It's hogwash.

Is there any talks amongst the head coaches or the NFL rulemakers for a move towards a different OT system

I don't know how on earth anyone can expect a defense that has played it's ass off for 30+ minutes is suddenly expected to stop an opposing offense in overtime and then if they can't for whatever reason(s), their offense doesn't get a chance. It's hogwash.

Fair enough, but I guess that's the prevailing reason for not changing it at the moment.

What pisses me off is that we deserved to win that game... the Giants got careless and didn't exactly blow us away, so I don't understand the logic behind this overtime system being fair based on a coinflip.

The best idea i've heard isn't like the college system, but a WHOLE other quarter, much like the extra 30 minutes in football... with the leader at the end of it the winner... the problem is, it creates a more direct way for a game to end as a tie.

To be fair, haven't the teams that have lost the toss in OT won 52% of the time or something ?

It's pretty even, more about principle, honestly I dont have problem with it. If it costs a team a SuperBowl it will change

What pisses me off is that we deserved to win that game... the Giants got careless and didn't exactly blow us away, so I don't understand the logic behind this overtime system being fair based on a coinflip.

The best idea i've heard isn't like the college system, but a WHOLE other quarter, much like the extra 30 minutes in football... with the leader at the end of it the winner... the problem is, it creates a more direct way for a game to end as a tie.

Field goal kicks = penalty kicks! Best of five field goal kicks, lol.

10 yard, 20 yard, 30 yard, 40 yard, 50 yard

If the season ended today...

AFC

Byes
1. Indianapolis (10-0)
2. Cincinnati (7-3)

Wild-Card round
3. San Diego (7-3)
6. Jacksonville (6-4)

4. New England (7-3)
5. Pittsburgh (6-4)

In the hunt: