Nfl 2009-2010

I was absolutely livid about that call. I understand that by rule it's "contact" and it's "outside of five yards" so an ambulance-chasing lawyer could probably get that to stand in a court of law.

But the rule exists so that defenders can't disrupt the momentum of the receiver, and a little slap on the arm isn't going to do that. If he had grabbed and pulled I'd understand, but that was really ticky-tack.

I've always hated the notion of "you can't make that call this late in the game on that important of a play" because if it's a foul it's a foul and you could just as easily argue that that's the MOST important time to make sure the rules are upheld. But I would not make that call even in the middle of the first quarter.

Fitting that it was Dre Bly though.

It’s mainly the consistency of the referees and the calls that is irritating. As you said, the momentum of the receiver was not affected and common sense should be used in a situation like that. Also, it seems some referees are more willing to let a player get away with things due to their position/skill set at times. For example, you often see defensive tackles such as Haloti Ngata drop seven to ten yards deep in pass coverage on a zone blitz look and hit potential receivers. They obviously can’t run with backs coming out of the backfield etc and it seems the referees take account of that.

I don't understand the rule on fumbles and possession that can only be challenged when it occurs on a scoring play and not any other play when possession changes. Dallas got hosed on that rule today. Down 10-0, Romo is sacked and Felix Jones clearly recovered the fumble and was downed by a Packer player landing on top of him. The tackling player's momentum forced Jones to roll over and in the process the tackler got a hand to the ball and stripped it. However, by rule Jones would be down by initial contact. No official stopped the play and thus the Packers recovered the ball. Phillips was not allowed to challenge the call. Ridiculous rule. Green Bay scores and that's ballgame.

Seeing how the Cowboys have played on offense today it probably wouldn't have mattered anyway. Total shit performance from the offense. Defense more than held its own for most of the game. Embarrassing.

So who's winning the Manning vs Brady battle tonight?

Be interesting

Apparently they are having the 20 living HOF QBs say which one they think is better at some point in the game.

Apparently not as pumped as Manning. Losing huge plays on this drive.

Colts fans seem a bit nob-headish. Not sure that was in bounds personally, trying not to be biased, but he never had control of that ball when he first got his feet down.

He was in bounds

Haha some of the turf caught on fire after the fireworks went off there, fireworks indoors sounds like a good enough idea.

I don't like the look in Brady's eye just then. It's the kind of look he had just shaken off from the start of the season jiggles.

Come on Brady!

Wow what a throw and catch by Brady to Moss. I thought it was going to be intercepted there!

Fair enough. I am still trying to learn bits about the game, especially the subjective sides such as what is control of the ball and not..

I'm no expert either, just enjoy the game, and seeing some good football played, I should really go to bed and not watch this game

A little. Not so much im blottoed but so much that I wouldnt get bored waiting for 1:30am to come.

Get in, 3 and out again for them. Need to turn the Red Zone trips into TD points though.

Hopefully Moss catches a couple TDs it's tight right now in Fantasy

by gloves you mean babies

Yes, but I would rather have Tom Bradys babies. I am not gay, but I would probably make an exception for Tom. And I told the missus that I would dump her if she didn't have an affair with Brady if she had the chance.

Ok, heres a question -

So when is it intentional grounding and when not? Is that subjective that its "near" a receiver?

I think it also has to do with if he is in the QB pocket or not, he got flushed out then.