Nfl 2009-2010

:lol: Oh shut up that was a clear forward pass, I have the Pats D today as mine and would have loved that but come on his arm was moving forward it was close as shit though

Hehe, was only joking. Still though, as Porter said, Brady could have had a word before he went to the replay.

Randy Moss reached some reasonably significant milestones on that touchdown catch:

140 career receiving TD’s (ties Owens for 2nd best all-time).
63rd career 100-yard game, 2nd in NFL history (Jerry Rice 76).
141st career TD (6th best all-time).

He is a first ballot no doubt about it, was shocked it took 19 picks before he got drafted, not as good as Rice not by a mile, but probably more talented

Randy Moss reached some reasonably significant milestones on that touchdown catch:

140 career receiving TD’s (ties Owens for 2nd best all-time).
63rd career 100-yard game, 2nd in NFL history (Jerry Rice 76).
141st career TD (6th best all-time).

And just got 7th alltime on career yards, 13913

He is a first ballot no doubt about it, was shocked it took 19 picks before he got drafted, not as good as Rice not by a mile, but probably more talented

:( Should have been a Cowboy. He said such in an interview back in 1998. But Jerry et al spinned it as an image issue. Even asshole Randy Galloway backed Dallas up on their passing Moss (he's often been a big critic of Jones). I was livid when Ellis was announced as the selection. Sitting there with a Rams/Cardinals fan even he said Moss to Dallas was perfect. He then proceeded to laugh, I said "NOOOOO" and didn't watch the rest of the draft.

Passing on Moss shows image is everything in Dallas

That was close on the spike for Houston, 1 second left on the clock!

EDIT
And then he misses 42yrd FG to take it to OT

That was close on the spike for Houston, 1 second left on the clock!

EDIT
And then he misses 42yrd FG to take it to OT

Damn, I would have liked the Texans to take that one in order to avoid the inevitable undefeated hype in next week’s game. Though, I’m sure the media etc would have just ran with the Brady Vs Manning angle anyway. I’m excited to see whether this New England speed based defense is for real. I mean, Brandon McGowan was hitting like a truck all game again today, where the feck does Belichick find these scrap heap players who look custom built for his system. There won’t be a much bigger challenge than the Colts offensively all season.

As a Browns fan (God save me), I must say LETS GO TB WINNING!! I want that first pick in the draft!

I think you know as well as I do that the first pick can be just as much a curse as a blessing.

Too true. And with Mangini in charge (if he still is at that point), it could very likely end up being a curse.

Is there a clear-cut top pick in the next draft at this moment? I can't think of one. I suppose the Browns could draft another QB. That's going to cost $60m though.

WalterFootball.com: 2010 NFL Mock Draft

2010 NFL Mock Draft

NFL Draft Blitz - 2010 Mock Draft Note: Has a safety going first so probably shouldn't be taken too serious

Love the quote from the first link about what Mangenius would probably do with such a high pick. I would in no way be surprised if he did something utterly stupid like that. As you can tell, I have no faith in him whatsoever. Didn't from the second he was signed. I've seen enough of him with the Jets to convince me that he is an absolutely brutal coach.

I hope there are some decent DE/OLB hybrids in the upcoming draft.

Brian Cushing is looking solid for the Texans at this point and has made some plays.

Either him or Jairus Byrd seem in line to pick up defensive rookie of the year honours.

Well it's quiet around here...

WEEK 10 RANKINGS !!!

1. Saints 8-0
(2 lackluster efforts, 2 wins... The makings of a champion? Still some wrinkles but even with adversity kicking their ass, they pull out all the stops)

2. Colts 8-0
(Manning playing average and they still win games? Sorry folks, this team might just be better than we think... that is, until they play the Pats... maybe?)

3. Vikings 7-1
(Off the bye, but it shouldn't matter... We'll just hear more about Brett Favre)

T4. Bengals 6-2
(If the Bengals beat Pittsburgh, they should win the division and mix things up in the AFC for the playoffs)

T4. Steelers 6-2
(The word is revenge, and a win over Cincy will have the Steel curtain on full cover)

6. Patriots 6-2
(Nobody wants to step up, so they should coast into January... but a win over Indy could go a long way to boost them into Super Bowl contention)

7. Broncos 6-2
(I reserved judgement after their first loss and felt they were still for real... now? I still think they're one of the top tier clubs, but by a thread)

8. Cowboys 6-2
(The week filled with typical Romo-drama and Roy Williams loose lips spelt trouble... They shut up the critics and have control of the NFC East)

9. Falcons 5-3
(An emotionally heated match with the Redskins over-shadowed Michael Turners sequel to his return at the top of the running game)

10. Cardinals 5-3
(Last years road warriors are following suit, with a 4-0 record so far this season, and re-gained confidence)

11. Eagles 5-3
(For a week, it looked like my pre-season Super Bowl pick were on their way to soaring past the competition... Nope, too good to be true)

12. Chargers 5-3
(Took advantage of a drained Giants team with some late heroics... Could be a springboard with the Broncos slipping)

13. Texans 5-4
(The Bye comes at the right time, but what looked like a playoff team is now looking like a self-destructive boat to the ocean floor)

14. Ravens 4-4
(Missing: Run Defence... something the Ravens have always been a force in is now gone, and they're losing re-gained steam)

15. Giants 5-4
(Much like Houston, the Bye comes at the right time, but one more loss and the season will be on the brink of destruction)

16. Packers 4-4
(Their loss to Minnesota made sense. The one at Tampa Bay was inexplicable... All the talk about Rodgers being a better fixture than Favre is looking a little off)

17. Dolphins 3-5
(Much better than their record shows, but that is the spoils for a tough schedule)

18. Jets 4-4
(Need rejuvination, they're slipping and fast after such a strong start)

19. Bears 4-4
(This team is on a spiral)

20. 49ers 3-5
(No more moral victories, the Crabtree curse is on)

21. Panthers 3-5
(A bad start might mean their new found buzz is too late, need to beat the Falcons)

22. Jaguars 4-4
(The great mystery: The talent to go 6-2, the inconsistancy to go 2-6)

23. Titans 2-6
(IF The Titans finish .500, you can bet your pension Jeff Fisher's hesitation to make the QB change will cost his job)

24. Bills 3-5
(I don't know what to do or say about the Bills anymore, so...)

25. Seahawks 3-5
(SLIGHT hope, but they have to win this week, and I wouldn't put it past them)

26. Redskins 2-6
(2010 will be the year, I promise... Sincerely, Pre-Snyder era 'Skins fans)

27. Raiders 2-6
(They'll finish 8-8... Okay maybe not, but I like this team)

28. Chiefs 1-7
(All about heart and building around the "Cassel" now)

29. Lions 1-7
(I guess the "This Lions Team can win 6 games" bandwagin has flat tires... The Lions have lost 24 of their past 25 games)

30. Rams 1-7
(Formal Rams tactics: Run, run, run, run, run... They play the Saints, 1-8)

31. Buccaneers 1-7
(Credit is where credit's due, but these Packers aren't #4's squad)

32. Browns 1-7
(There have been issues with ratings on Monday Night Football, and the Browns won't help)

The Broncos are easily a handful of plays from 3-5 or 4-4. I have my doubts they'll make the playoffs. They could be this year's Washington (6-2 to finish 8-8 last season).

The Broncos are easily a handful of plays from 3-5 or 4-4. I have my doubts they'll make the playoffs. They could be this year's Washington (6-2 to finish 8-8 last season).

That would still be a great season compared to where many thought they would be, including me, mind you they have DC, KCx2 and Oakland at home amongst other games remaining they should win all of those unless they play uber shit, even 3 of them gives them 9-7. I hope they dont end up in no mans land and miss the playoffs though. They could use a high draft pick, although maybe the Bears will give them one :lol: Ryan Clady is quickly becoming a great LT though, you build a line for years around one of dems

That would still be a great season compared to where many thought they would be, including me, mind you they have DC, KCx2 and Oakland at home amongst other games remaining they should win all of those unless they play uber shit, even 3 of them gives them 9-7. I hope they dont end up in no mans land and miss the playoffs though. They could use a high draft pick, although maybe the Bears will give them one :lol: Ryan Clady is quickly becoming a great LT though, you build a line for years around one of dems

Agent Cutler came through tonight on that one (although not all of those were his fault).

I really disliked the illegal contact call on 4th and 10 of the Bears last drive.

He hardly touched him but I suppose it was a silly mental mistake by the defender.

I really disliked the illegal contact call on 4th and 10 of the Bears last drive.

He hardly touched him but I suppose it was a silly mental mistake by the defender.

I was absolutely livid about that call. I understand that by rule it's "contact" and it's "outside of five yards" so an ambulance-chasing lawyer could probably get that to stand in a court of law.

But the rule exists so that defenders can't disrupt the momentum of the receiver, and a little slap on the arm isn't going to do that. If he had grabbed and pulled I'd understand, but that was really ticky-tack.

I've always hated the notion of "you can't make that call this late in the game on that important of a play" because if it's a foul it's a foul and you could just as easily argue that that's the MOST important time to make sure the rules are upheld. But I would not make that call even in the middle of the first quarter.

Fitting that it was Dre Bly though.

Ryan Clady is quickly becoming a great LT though, you build a line for years around one of dems

True. Dallas faces the same problem next off-season. Adams is going downhill now and with a very substantial cap hit in 2010 it's likely he's gone in March. There isn't a current player on the roster that can play LT, unless Davis is moved there which isn't his best position and he gets beat out wide often by speed rushers (watch his Arizona LT days).

Stupid Jay Cutler ruining this week for my fantasy team. Was GOING to trade for an RB this week (Portis injured, Moats on a bye, BJ on a bye), but figured with his 3 pts and my opponent's great matchups, I ain't gonna win. Might end up trading Jacobs and TO for Schaub..

Another late night for me. Can't wait for the Pats-colts later, Pats to win by 10, Moss and Welker to cause havoc to the depletec Colts secondary.

No muller is an expert now, he is a professional football player, soon he will playing for the Patriotistas in WNFL :angel: