Nfl 2009-2010

It is a fecking joke.

All it is does is feck over the true fans

Now, I have no trouble with muller or Keyser, but if they want to see the Patriots play they should fecking go to Gillette Stadium. Also Wembley is a shit field for games. Furthermore would they go if the Patriots werent playing, basically for these to work you need a marquee team. Wonder if it would be a sell out for Buffalo-Cleveland or something like that

It's as stupid as the 39th game idea for the EPL

I don't know if it's fecking us over if we're not losing anything, but somewhere else is gaining something. The way I see it, they're not going to stop with the games or the expansion process. If they were still floating around the idea whether to even have one game overseas I would say no, but they've done it and they've made money on it so it looks like it's here to stay whether we like it or not.

I'm just floating ideas around. Maybe there's a smarter way to go about this process that doesn't make it unfair for certain teams and still can be lucrative for everyone involved. I'd rather they do this sort of thing during preseason, but that's certainly not the route they're taking.

And an NBA Euro Division wouldn't make sense especially since there's already established leagues in Europe. If they want to do a Champions Cup sort of thing, that would be fine, but a league itself shouldn't expand beyond its continent. The travel would be horrific.

The NFL seems to think its some sort of exception because the US is one of the few nations to even play the sport. There aren't large established leagues in other nations. So it seems like everyone in charge is on this crusade to spread the game (and make money from it) to the rest of the world, which I think is fine but I'd rather they go the tv route first than export our games.

I'm just rambling at this point.

I would love the chance to go see an NFL game in the UK, i couldnt afford it this year but next year hopefully. That said i think the 39th prem game is a load of shit so i can understand fans in the US getting annoyed.

To be honest, i dont see the point in this game being in the UK if its not on TV, last year it was.

It's not even on British television what a fecking joke.

Yeah not only that Premier League teams get 19 home games a year in the league, NFL teams get 8, take away one that is 15% of the teams games, mind you you still have to pay for the 2-3 preseason games too. It's a load, I have no problem with them playing "marquee" games in the preseason in London etc, but it isnt right to do this in the middle of the season.

It's not even on British television what a fecking joke.

Yeah not only that Premier League teams get 19 home games a year in the league, NFL teams get 8, take away one that is 15% of the teams games, mind you you still have to pay for the 2-3 preseason games too. It's a load, I have no problem with them playing "marquee" games in the preseason in London etc, but it isnt right to do this in the middle of the season.

It is on British TV, but on Sky.

But I agree with you that a game at Wembley in the middle of the season is ridiculous.

How do they decide who's home game gets taken?

Think the owners go after it, reckon a West Coast team will never go after it, we are 8 fecking hours behind y'all it's played at 10 am, yes but still even the Broncos who are Mountain Time Zone(1 hr east of LA) cant travel east.

Watching the Steelers game, rembemebr a game in 2006 that I watched of them when ward caught two tds, was in a jail on a public drunkeness, got out of it becasue the officer said I was born in 77 not the actual year I was born haha

Do they actually make money in the present from travelling to England or is it all about the future and expanding the fanbase into Europe?

Think the owners go after it, reckon a West Coast team will never go after it, we are 8 fecking hours behind y'all it's played at 10 am, yes but still even the Broncos who are Mountain Time Zone(1 hr east of LA) cant travel east.

I remember when the 49ers played the Cardinals they did it in Mexico City instead, so I don't think they'll ask anyone other than east coast teams to play in London.

I remember when the 49ers played the Cardinals they did it in Mexico City instead, so I don't think they'll ask anyone other than east coast teams to play in London.

Wasn't the game at Azteca the highest attendance for an NFL game?

I reckon expanding into Mexico is the best option for the NFL in the coming years, as opposed to London (as much as I'd like it to happen). There are a lot of fans in Central America.

I reckon expanding into Mexico is the best option for the NFL in the coming years, as opposed to London (as much as I'd like it to happen). There are a lot of fans in Central America.

Azteca was the highest but that was just simply due to the size of the stadium. Mexico would certainly make more sense than overseas. Canada would make even more sense.

Typing with 49er gloves on is tough. Crabs is starting.

Azteca was the highest but that was just simply due to the size of the stadium. Mexico would certainly make more sense than overseas. Canada would make even more sense.

Typing with 49er gloves on is tough. Crabs is starting.

Yeah, I find it odd that Canada has franchises in the NHL and MLB but not the NFL.

Doesn't Canada already have an established Football culture though? It has it's own league, although when Doug Flutie can become a legend there it does make you question the quality.

Yeah, I find it odd that Canada has franchises in the NHL and MLB but not the NFL.

Doesn't Canada already have an established Football culture though? It has it's own league, although when Doug Flutie can become a legend there it does make you question the quality.

:lol: HATER, Doug Flutie did his thing !

But there's alot of confusion because only one City can do it, and that's Toronto... the same city who is dominated by the business aspect of sport (MLSE with the Leafs and Raptors, Rogers with the Jays) and neither wants to take a shot at hosting a NFL franchise.

Until another big name businessman can take claim to the Bills/a new franchise on more than a temporary basis, then LA will win back a franchise before Toronto gets it.

:lol: HATER, Doug Flutie did his thing !

But there's alot of confusion because only one City can do it, and that's Toronto... the same city who is dominated by the business aspect of sport (MLSE with the Leafs and Raptors, Rogers with the Jays) and neither wants to take a shot at hosting a NFL franchise.

Until another big name businessman can take claim to the Bills/a new franchise on more than a temporary basis, then LA will win back a franchise before Toronto gets it.

Similar to Britain where only London could compete.

In all seriousness though, I am a fan of Floutie. He is representing us average size folk, being 5'10'' and all. And that's the main reason he didn't make it in the NFL.

I've heard that Jacksonville could be at threat to the LA expansion team, whereas an additional expansion into Toronto could be a worthwhile investment.

I've heard that Jacksonville could be at threat to the LA expansion team, whereas an additional expansion into Toronto could be a worthwhile investment.

Jacksonville ---> LA
Buffalo ---> Toronto
St.Louis ---> ???

Pretty much the short-term futures of those clubs in question...

49ers' third down defense is horrendous. And their first, second, and third down offense is horrible as well. We have an Alex Smith sighting as well.

Crabtree already ahead of Derrius Hayward-Bay in both catches and yards.

Cracking start by the raiders, Russel is sacked and fumbles, recovered by Jets who eventually score. fecking cracking.

Fail to make the first down after re-start. Looks like another long night.

Who the hell would want to live in Mexico City for six months??? :lol:

That's why MLB have yet to expand into Mexico. The players union said hell no. And there's far more Latin flair in MLB. But the altitude and pollution are a no-go for the players year round. There's also the crime factor with kidnappings and such. Health standards are also an issue. This isn't Acapulco or Baja or Cancun we're talking about.

Who the hell would want to live in Mexico City for six months??? :lol:

That's why MLB have yet to expand into Mexico. The players union said hell no. And there's far more Latin flair in MLB. But the altitude and pollution are a no-go for the players year round. There's also the crime factor with kidnappings and such. Health standards are also an issue. This isn't Acapulco or Baja or Cancun we're talking about.

It can't be much worse than Detrot or Cleveland surely.

It can't be much worse than Detrot or Cleveland surely.

Fair point though I'd live in those two cities before I'd ever live in Mexico City. There's also the bottom line of who in Mexico City could actually afford season tickets and the like. US fans are feeling the pinch so imagine Mexican citizens where poverty is very high and the exchange rate is not good (13:1).

Game over. But the resurgence of Old Smallhands this second half is something to look forward too. Too little too late for this week.

Moral victory! Don't forget the development of Venereal Disease into the second coming of Tony Gonzalez/Shannon Sharpe.

I think we should just move the Raiders or another shitty team with no fans to London permanently. The Raiders would attract the same type of fans (gangbangers, right wing fascists, people who like to carry knives, people who like to play dress-up in stupid outfits, out-of-towners).

:boring:

Hmmm... because he's been known to smoke herb and he won the Heisman at Texas. I guess it is bizarre and not witty at all for a knob like yourself. Are you stinging from my comment about Mexico and the NFL to take that pop shot attempt?

Why would I care if you think Mexico isn't a viable option for NFL expansion?

It's an unnecessary nickname. You just took the first two things that came to your head that associate with Ricky Williams and stuck the two words together. It doesn't even make sense.

Why would I care if you think Mexico isn't a viable option for NFL expansion?

It's an unnecessary nickname. You just took the first two things that came to your head that associate with Ricky Williams and stuck the two words together. It doesn't even make sense.

Jesus Christ, do you take everything in life this serious? :wenger:

was at the Wembley game. Was so much fun. Glad its being brought over here.

I can understand why American fans of the teams would hate it especially if it means losing a game that they would normally go to. But yeah, as somebody living in London and a fan of the NFL, its brilliant that its being brought over here.

Did anyone see Sanchez chomping on a hotdog during their game v the Raiders haha class